Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southfox66

Seriously worried about lack of any central midfield ?

Guest Mee-9

Saying we need to sign someone quickly is an understatement. 

I trust Ranieri though, I think we'll get a couple of decent players in before the season starts. Either that or we'll get spanked 6-0 on the first game of the season and he'll panic buy Joey Barton and Cattermole. 

I'm worried that, last season we had a better midfield than we do now, and we were limited in the style of play we could employ. Basically trying to match the oppositions midfield and create opportunities on the break. Which is fair enough and in the end it came good and we finished the season well.

Now, we have a much more limited midfield, only losing EC, however some much came through him, it's like we've lost a little bit of the lads who played with him. He gave them a little extra on the pitch. So now, with Claudio, we are likely to try and play a passing game, which we couldn't really manage last season, with a better midfield.

I'm sure our squad could hold its own next season playing the way we played last season. However I really doubt we will be okay playing a game we can't play, with the squad we have. I'm not being negative, I just hope CR plays the way the squad know how to play and are capable, rather than enforce his game on our squad.

The first few games of the coming season are massive, and all winnable, however I fear we'll still be bedding in new players (if we get any), and possibly a new system and may suffer as a consequence.

FFS what is the point of getting bodies in who are not going to be the right people? agents know we are desperate and will hold out for a ridiculous deal ..so we have to be patient.. its a game of poker.. moan when the window closes. 

#FiveMoreWeeks #ITK

FFS what is the point of getting bodies in who are not going to be the right people? agents know we are desperate and will hold out for a ridiculous deal ..so we have to be patient.. its a game of poker.. moan when the window closes. 

But......

Say we don't get off to a flying start, we may be an even less attractive proposition than we appear at the moment.

IF we haven't got anyone as the window draws to a close we are going to get more and more desperate and ,unless we are looking at free agents, any decent player will be under contract and playing in their respective first team. They're employed, there will be another window in January for them to move on. We'll be the ones with the problem.

The sooner we get players in the better.

But......

Say we don't get off to a flying start, we may be an even less attractive proposition than we appear at the moment.

IF we haven't got anyone as the window draws to a close we are going to get more and more desperate and ,unless we are looking at free agents, any decent player will be under contract and playing in their respective first team. They're employed, there will be another window in January for them to move on. We'll be the ones with the problem.

The sooner we get players in the better.

nobody is arguing with that.. but we can't just magic up the right blokes because some people are getting squeaky bum... does anybody really think the owners would let all this hard work dribble away after all this.. ? hand ringing ain't gonna make it happen any quicker...

Without responding with the obligatory f^*k off.

Has Nuge ever played midfield?

Wait for it...................................

I think he would be last of any player to play in midfield. He needs an extra 5 seconds than everyone else (even jeff) to decide what he's going to do! But then when its complete instinct (Anfield) he's brilliant !

Doesn't matter - we're going down - according to the Sweet Jar Analogy. Let me explain:

You know the competition they have at school fetes and such like, where you have to guess how many sweets are in a jar? It has been proven that if you take everyones guesses, add them together & then divide by the number of guesses (average in other words) the answer will be virtually bang on the correct answer.

Now if we transfer that over to everyones - Journo's, pundits, folk on here etc - prediction as to where we'll finish, add then together, divide by.....you know the rest, well, the answer is - we might as well start planning for promotion from the Championship next season.

So there you have it. The Sweet Jar Analogy, or higher level mathematical theory, as I prefer to call it, shows we are fooked. And you can't argue with that!

Archived