Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tincy

Cilla Black has died at her home in Spain

Feck knows, but he is either brain dead or a liar. 

She worked really hard for charity, and yes, her Liverpool accent was slightly exaggerated, but this truly amazing lady, was a joy to talk to.

God bless you, Cilla.

Just because someone is nice with you doesn't mean it's universal. I've seen a lot of comments around that she was unpleasant and a diva so Callabinho is not alone.

The stock reaction when someone dies is "RIP, amazing person, terrible loss" so there must be some weight behind these views.

I was trying to think of someone who did a lot of charity work and was well thought of for it, but in reality wasn't very nice. He was the most obvious person.

I think he was more than 'not very nice'. 

I think he was more than 'not very nice'.

Well now you're just picking fight. lol

Savile was an easy comparison to make, obviously a million times worse, but if you want to make a point about people doing stuff for charities and being seen as great but not being that person in reality, there's not many better choices.

Thinking about it anyway. DT defending Savile, so I think it's an good example to use tbh. He obviously has difficulty seeing things might not always be as they are.

I met her on three occasions, as she was the patron of the Scan Appeal at Wycombe Hospital, and she was a lovely person to talk to. No airs and graces, and just a truly lovely person.

I don't believe you ever met her, or there is no way you could say that!

Today is the 50th anniversary of my wife and I's very first date, and we both loved her voice.

Cilla will always be in our hearts.

Happy anniversary, DT.

Didn't Dangerous Tiger say a few weeks that it'd be his 30th anniversary of his first and only date, and that he's a kind person in general?

Can't tell whether he's mixed-up himself or just slightly trolling.

Edit: R.I.P, Cilla, only had a few female presenters that I preferred and you were one of them.

I feel sorry for all those poor souls who will disregard this thread, living as it does in an oft-overlooked forum.

We should start a campaign to have it reinstated in GC.

Put the Black back in Chat!

I met her on three occasions, as she was the patron of the Scan  Appeal at Wycombe Hospital, and she was a lovely person to talk to. No airs and graces, and just a truly lovely person.

I don't believe you ever met her, or there is no way you could say that!

Today is the 50th anniversary of my wife and I's very first date, and we both loved her voice.

Cilla will always be in our hearts.

Have to be honest mate, you might not be the best judge of character....  :ph34r: 

Just bought my partner and myself a Jimmy Savile T shirt.

Jim was best man at her wedding, and she knew him well for many years, when she was a nurse as Stoke Manderville Hospital. (He used to along to her room for a cuppa, and that was all, he was always a good laugh, and no more, she says.)

I met him a couple of times at Stoke Manderville, while collecting my partner after her shifts, and really liked him, big time.

We, and a number of other nurses, and friends just feel it's a case of people jumping on the band wagon, now he's dead, and trying to grab cash from his estate.

No way in a million years would so many have kept so silent, for so long. In a nutshell I call it total bollocks! End of.

Archived