Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Was down the front holding up the union fs banner and boy does the noise travel down from the stands. The acoustics must really push the sound down towards the pitch. Would love us to bin off the clappers and develop a more varried and original song book. Slow steps and having clued in switched on folks like those in union fs I have hope of this happening.

Some people did the Poznan in the Loo yesterday.

Like it or not, it's here to stay, and if people enjoy it, then no problem.

Edit - Damn auto correct, people did the Poznan in the KOP !!

lol I thought at first everyone had there arms around each other at the urinals jumping up and down. Cocks spraying piss everywhere lol

• Like 3

The clappers are what this stadium has been crying out for since it was built to increase the atmosphere.

Yesterday was deafening at times.

We have a unique and fantastic thing going on here now and every game feels like a party ..no more silences and collective shouts of "shhh" going round the ground.

Ive spent YEARS ( 40 !) craving the sort of atmosphere we experience now and to even think of not having the clappers would be madness. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Let's all crank it up another notch for the Spurs game lads and lasses!

Was down the front holding up the union fs banner and boy does the noise travel down from the stands. The acoustics must really push the sound down towards the pitch. Would love us to bin off the clappers and develop a more varried and original song book. Slow steps and having clued in switched on folks like those in union fs I have hope of this happening.

Same here, couldn't believe how noisy it was at the front. Must be insane on the pitch when you have noise cascading down from all sides! 

Same here, couldn't believe how noisy it was at the front. Must be insane on the pitch when you have noise cascading down from all sides! 

As has been said before the stadium has been designed to push the sound down onto the  pitch that's  why even when it can seems quiet to us the players will say it's  noisy  on the pitch.

It must be deafening  now.

If you had told me a couple of years ago that Leicester would have one of the best home atmosphere's in the country I would have laughed in your face.

Huge credit to Union FS for getting the kop rocking. The club for engaging with and supporting Union FS and for forking out for clappers, the players for giving us something to shout about and to all of us who have finally found our voices.

Long may it continue.

• Like 4

Watching on TV and seeing the pictures shaking after we scored, it that really a case of the stands moving?

SCARY.

It is, but you have to realise the distance is amplifying the effect. Something moving up and down 300mm on screen at  a distance of 70m may only be moving 3mm at its source. 

It is, but you have to realise the distance is amplifying the effect. Something moving up and down 300mm on screen at a distance of 70m may only be moving 3mm at its source.

Well, it looks incredible on TV! Every commentator duo I've heard mentions how they can feel the stadium shaking after a goal. Great stuff that I know people are noticing around the world.

We received plenty of plaudits for our atmosphere yesterday.

The commentator on Sky said the leicester fans at one point were "increasing the noise levels if that was possible as they're always noisy". The BBC commentators mentioned the noise level and how it was like this last season and Ranieri complimented the crowd on the noise level.

We are getting a reputation as a noisy intimidating stadium.

Yes we will have some opposition fans doing the usual of trying to belittle the atmosphere by saying the 'clappers' are tinpot or saying the chants are unoriginal.

Sod 'em. They really are just jealous. They really wish their home atmosphere was as good.

Yes in an ideal world I wish our 'songbook' was more varied but generally the more fans that get involved the more 'basic' and straight forward the chants become, as they are easier for everyone to follow.

The players have said they like the crowd being noisy and so to be honest I'm sure they're not bothered about 'variety' they just want to hear a loud crowd backing them.

Let's keep it up folks, especially if/when we go behind in a game.

Oh and well done again to UnionFS, the brilliant TIFO, started it all off well.

Our songbook is 100% better than it was (say) 2years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

something really great about seeing away fans clearly going for it (can see 'em arms aloft or clapping or jumping etc) but not being able to hear a thing cos we're too loud

Yeah, I noticed that too. I looked over at the Spurs fans a few times and could see them bouncing about, clapping, etc. but couldn't hear anything from them. 

They tried to get things going a few times but as soon as they did we just drowned them out. 

I don't know if it was just because yesterday was my first sober game in about a year, but I reckon that rendition of 'Come on Leicester Boys' in the second half was the loudest I've ever heard Filbert Way.

was really good seeing a lot of the KOP stand up for it, it was like it was for a special occasion. But yes it was really loud and I think the rest of the ground joined in too

albrighton said the atmosphere since april has been the best he's played in as a pro. nice the players are complimenting it too. although he did play the first five years of his career at villa park so my garden would've been an improvement.

• Like 3

I posted this elsewhere but seems appropriate in here.

In the Observer today, our 'atmosphere' is mentioned yet again. Most of the media and a growing number of opposition fans are saying the atmosphere at City is special.

Now I'm sure many will debate what the root cause of our improved atmosphere is, I personally think it's a mix of many things (the efforts of UnionFS, the clappers, the family stand improving their contributions to the L block chants and everything/anything else you wish to add).

The thing is let's keep it up, Ranieri and the players have said how it helps the team, this is our contribution, let's keep it up.

Observer quote:

"As if fuelled by an elixir Leicester went for the kill, the King Power Stadium now heaving with now-familiar fanatical support".

• Like 1

There was a period through the second half where we were under a little bit of pressure, the game was a bit drab and the players looked a bit knackered. It must have been for a good 10 to 15 minutes. Throughout this whole period all four stands were singing and clapping along to the "come on Leicester boys, make some fvcking noise" song. It was beautiful. Could barely hear myself think. Could see the tottenham fans clapping and singing but couldn't hear a word because we were so damn loud. That must be a real boost for the players! It was so loud!!

• Like 1

Yeah that period in the second half was absolutely beautiful, I loved how it just went on and on. I honestly don't think people are using the clappers as much as when we first had them which is great.

think in the kop and east stand they're almost exclusively used for throwing either in anger when they score or celebration when we score these days. oh and clapping to uptown funk pre kick off obviously.