Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Vardy is the in form English striker at the moment. He HAS to be picked and start against San Marino for me. His rawness would make him far more effective in front of goal than our usual suspects anyway.

The Telegraph seem to think he's nailed on for a spot too.

So proud of Vardy. G'won lad

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/11813183/Leicesters-Jamie-Vardy-to-be-reminded-of-responsibilities-as-England-player-following-alleged-racial-slur.html

Certainly looks as if he's set for another call up, wouldn't be anything he didn't deserve. Question is, who's gonna play with him? all this talk of Rooney being short on confidence, Kane ''injured'',  Ings hasn't moved off the Liverpool bench yet has he? who does it leave us with? Berahino? Does Roy call up Austin?

Testament to the hard work Vardy has put in, despite off the field nonsense that the press feel they have to sell their glorified bog roll with to try distract him.  I think his call up shows that Hodgson is using his noodle and is willing to give players opportunities.

He will be called up I reckon, but probably won't start. It will be Rooney and Kane if he's fit no doubt or it will be Rooney and a couple of attacking midfielders.

It would be interesting to see how he does against a team that doesn't leave their own box though. That's going to happen to us in the near future.

He will be called up I reckon, but probably won't start. It will be Rooney and Kane if he's fit no doubt or it will be Rooney and a couple of attacking midfielders.

It would be interesting to see how he does against a team that doesn't leave their own box though. That's going to happen to us in the near future.

Yes, and we will struggle to deal with it currently as we are so reliant on pace

Think he definitely should, even if he doesn't play and all we get out of it are some outraged reactions on reddit

Definitely should, I agree. But I think he'll pick the usual bunch of shits.

I expect Rooney, Kane, Sterling as a striker and Lambert.

Certainly looks as if he's set for another call up, wouldn't be anything he didn't deserve. Question is, who's gonna play with him? all this talk of Rooney being short on confidence, Kane ''injured'', Ings hasn't moved off the Liverpool bench yet has he? who does it leave us with? Berahino? Does Roy call up Austin?

Testament to the hard work Vardy has put in, despite off the field nonsense that the press feel they have to sell their glorified bog roll with to try distract him. I think his call up shows that Hodgson is using his noodle and is willing to give players opportunities.

Unfortunately with England, providing Rooney is fit he starts else its media uproar time. The rest of the strikers who are all in better form have to fit around him.

Even if Rooney is undroppable (lol) Roy shouldve left him out in Dublin and started Austin and Vards.

If Vardy is selected he needs to start v San Marino in order to get on the scoresheet IMO. And I'd be surprised if he featured at all in the game against a stronger Swiss side assuming he makes no impact in Italy

Nah Pearson will be announced as manager and we'll play 4-4-2 with Albrighton being called up too

Would love to see Reddit's reaction though. "Cant believe roy picked a racist striker who based on my only knowledge which is goal stats he isnt very good." - Man U fan who lives in London

Would love to see Reddit's reaction though. "Cant believe roy picked a racist striker who based on my only knowledge which is goal stats he isnt very good." - Man U fan who lives in London

It's reddit so they'd live in America rather than London but yeah

He's easily the best striker available to England while Sturridge is injured (Rooneys a donkey, kane a one season wonder, berahino and ings are both utter bobbins) but it'll obviously be kane and Rooney, Vardy will be ignored, England will just scrape a win because it's san Marino, and losing to them is impossible, with it hitting kanes arse and he'll be hailed as the saviour of English football again...

Archived