Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

I don't get why Rooney can't play behind Vardy?

Agree, rooney has looked in serious decline for a season now and only his name is getting him in the squad. However I think Vardy could help revive his England form as he will run tirelessly for him giving him plenty of options to get the ball forward.

Is it only me that sometimes thinks that Roy's hands might be tied a little. Perhaps it might be sponsors that are the reason why players like Rooney always start even when they're absolutely awful. He's still a huge name and a global brand, whether he's playing sh1t or not.

Is it only me that sometimes thinks that Roy's hands might be tied a little. Perhaps it might be sponsors that are the reason why players like Rooney always start even when they're absolutely awful. He's still a huge name and a global brand, whether he's playing sh1t or not.

Someone would have blown the whistle by now. That would be a huge scandal. I think he's just desperately trying to play Rooney into form.

Rooney is dog muck and is always shown as such when the real games start. He's also a halfwit and I wouldn't have the tool in the squad.

Rooney was the only England player on the park who looked international standard at the World Cup last year.

He has had a poor season so far though.

I'm pleased Roy is taking no risks with Vardy. He was clearly playing through the pain barrier on Saturday.

I think Vardy will go to the euros as our 'secret weapon' of sorts. Rooney and Kane will start but Vardy will come on centrally in the 2nd half.

The clamouring for Vardy to start up top for England in these pointless games is a bit ott. It's obvious to everyone what he offers so he doesn't need to be tested at all. Maybe Roy is playing an intelligent game, holding him back ready to unleash him in the euros.

4ecb9959-0dc4-4800-a918-320d66c51dfb.jpgMessi, Neymar, Suarez...Vardy?According to the Daily Mail, Barcelona, along Real Madrid, told scouts to check out the form of free-scoring Leicester striker Jamie Vardy in tonight's international friendly between England and Spain in Alicante.

Barca's backroom boys will be disappointed however as the 28-year-old has tweaked a groin and so will sit out the meeting with the European champions.

Could you imagine Barca coming in for Vardy lol

Rooney was the only England player on the park who looked international standard at the World Cup last year.

Not sure I would agree, he was pretty pedestrian at the World Cup last year, but what I will say is Rooney  is the only England player of this crop that has proved that he can be a match winner in domestic and international games. Even though he hasn't for a while, he is the only player with the ability to make something happen, for that he should be in England's plans until someone else comes along.

Players like Walcott, Sterling even Kane have shown ability and scored match winning goals, but they have never taken a game and won it in the way Rooney has, and the likes of Gerrard did for England, the only other player who has really done that for England is Townsend, who came on a couple of times and completely changed the game and won it for us.

For that reason alone Rooney should be first name on the team sheet, we don't have anyone better, which is worrying for England as he has been very poor for club and country recently, but nobody has proven themselves better, and I include Vardy in this.

It shows, some city fans being the same (myself included in that) I/we have certain assumptions on certain players of other teams.

On Vardy this season opposition fans have written him off, until they have seen him play live they then change there attitude and realise that he is miles better than there opinion suggested and can see why the England opportunity arose.

See WBA and Southampton fan have said they didn't realise he was that good commenting on this board after the respective matches.

We all would love a player from our clubs (top 6 aside) representing England, I would rather see a team representing England who are getting call ups on form more than others who have dropped off the radar/injured but he a call up anyway eg Delph.

Archived