Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Yohan Benalouane

Anyone else think this guy's getting some unnecessary stick?

OK, he isn't the most charismatic guy you're ever going to meet (give him a ******* chance) but bloody hell ,some of our fans have chastised him before he's even had a chance! 

I think he's going to be a proper legend for us in the long run....

Yes.  many here make up there mind and that is it they never deviate from the hate no matter what the performances are like.  They just have to feel vindicated on their original negative opinion, no matter what.  The same goes for the hate being shown to De Laet. 

Edited by Hack
  • Like 1

Wouldn't say I have written him off, bit he has done very little to convince us he is good enough at this level, whereas Kante and Inler in the brief spells they have had look like they belong. Would be ridiculous to see him dislodging Huth or Wes at any point in the near future, and I am surprised he is above Wasyl in the pecking order.

• Like 1

To and put some tangible basis behind why i have reservations about him are;

IMO 

Twice dragged out of position against Sunderland 

Two rash challenges

Didn't seem to communicate well with others 

Widely recognised that he will receive more than his fair share of cards

He cost £5.5 million 

If there is not a lower league centre half who is not better for similar or less money I'd be shocked. 

Quite happy to be proved wrong and I have every faith in the scouting system. Lets be honest Marcin is a similar type player except older and slower and I have grown to love him (Only because if there was ever a chance he had heard I didn't like him I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to walk around the city ever again).

IMO 

Twice dragged out of position against Sunderland 

Two rash challenges

He cost £5.5 million 

If there is not a lower league centre half who is not better for similar or less money I'd be shocked. 

Quite happy to be proved wrong and I have every faith in the scouting system. Lets be honest Marcin is a similar type player except older and slower and I have grown to love him (Only because if there was ever a chance he had heard I didn't like him I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to walk around the city ever again).

This is the point everyone has to relate to.  Was was considered exactly the same when he first came to us and then became a fan favorite so why not just wait and see.  Yohan is a younger version of Was if you ask me, yet cops nothing but criticism from a very small sampling of game time.  Seriously with fans like ours, you have to ask why some players want to play for them. 

This is the point everyone has to relate to. Was was considered exactly the same when he first came to us and then became a fan favorite so why not just wait and see. Yohan is a younger version of Was if you ask me, yet cops nothing but criticism from a very small sampling of game time. Seriously with fans like ours, you have to ask why some players want to play for them.

Totally agree. Comparisons , should we drop the front 3, because they all missed sitters in front of goal???

Defenders being pulled out of position, or being caught on the wrong side of the opposition, is the defenders equivilant of missing chances...

Last season started the same, too many fans jumping on players backs just for the sake of it.

Our great Pole Wasi, the prime example..Red card canditate apparently, too slow apparently, not PL quality apparently, he finished without doubt, forgetting the romantic notion on Cambiasso, one of the top 3 players from last season.

Kingy, Vardy, Albrighton all lambasted, even this other guy, whats his name now...? mmm Mahrez I believe.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Sorry to pick - you are entitled to your opinion, but..........

Give the man a chance

By whom? People on here? Sorry, that counts for nothing.

He cost £5.5 million 

Not really his fault is it? :)

The other errors you mentioned, fair enough, but I really didn't see a whole lot wrong at Bury, nothing rash, got on with his job.

Do we know if this was a scouting team or Ranieri signing?

I had huge reservations about signing him given his age, career to date and reviews of journalists and other fans opinions who had seen him play. However now he's here I'll give him a run of games before I have an informed opinion of him. 

ugh no thanks.

Wasyl is clever and will only tackle if he knows he will win or if the risk is to great and he has to accept the foul/yellow card. Same with his elbows, he knows what the ref will see. Benneh doesn't give that impression and it baffles me why he is in the squad and Wasyl or at least Moore (can play right back) isn't.

• Like 2

I'd imagine they're going off the 16 yellows and a red he got last year in just over 20 matches

An undeniable stat, I have to agree. However, you know what they say about statistics...........lies, damned lies and all that.

Perhaps it might be best to judge new players after a few games. Someone somewhere has said that Inler has been very hit and miss (or similar wording) - the man has played a game and a bit, give it time!

Considering the players from Atalanta that we have been linked with in the last 12 months, Moralez and Zappacosta, I would guess it wasnt purely down the Ranieri that we signed this guy. Bit harsh critising him so early on when he cant speak alot of English and living in Bergamo and Leicester isnt remotely similar.

Give the guy a chance and I am sure he will either come good or be moved on, either way the club have seen him as a gamble worth taking.

I have a theory, and I fully accept it could be total bollox. I reckon Benny was bought to be Claudio's enforcer, for want of a better word.

We weren't linked to this lad until Ranieri was appointed so it's reasonable to assume he's a Ranieri signing rather than a Walsh target. He's a big, hard lad, speaks Italian and wouldn't have been part of any dressing room clique. I think Claudio bought him, not knowing how the existing players would react to him, so that he had someone on his side in the dressing room.

Is it safe to presume that the manager and coaching staff may know more than we do?

Here we go again ..... it's a wonder anyone's allowed to speak on here. You're not just talking to Babs! :)

And, no, to answer your question, it's not necessarily safe.

There are other opinions - this entire site depends on them - and if you're so confident in managers and coaches, why has Leicester City had such a dismal decade pre-Pearson and at far too many other stages in their history? 

Edited by Thracian