Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Yohan Benalouane

Here we go again ..... it's a wonder anyone's allowed to speak on here. You're not just talking to Babs! :)

And, no, to answer your question, it's not necessarily safe.

There are other opinions - this entire site depends on them - and if you're so confident in managers and coaches, why has Leicester City had such a dismal decade pre-Pearson and at far too many other stages in their history? 

Of course, you're right. But to think it would have been less dismal under any of us is rather far-fetched. Opinions are fine, I was just disagreeing - some people just like to shout a lot, and hope that by repetition that what they believe becomes the truth. 

As for this manager and entourage...........yes I believe they do know better than us en masse.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

I have a theory, and I fully accept it could be total bollox. I reckon Benny was bought to be Claudio's enforcer, for want of a better word.

We weren't linked to this lad until Ranieri was appointed so it's reasonable to assume he's a Ranieri signing rather than a Walsh target. He's a big, hard lad, speaks Italian and wouldn't have been part of any dressing room clique. I think Claudio bought him, not knowing how the existing players would react to him, so that he had someone on his side in the dressing room.

I have no idea if that's true, but I for one will always refer to him, henceforth, as 'The Enforcer'. Fantastic.

Of course, you're right. But to think it would have been less dismal under any of us is rather far-fetched. Opinions are fine, I was just disagreeing - some people just like to shout a lot, and hope that by repetition that what they believe becomes the truth. 

Haha - we'll never know!  :D

To and put some tangible basis behind why i have reservations about him are;

IMO

Twice dragged out of position against Sunderland

Two rash challenges

Didn't seem to communicate well with others

Widely recognised that he will receive more than his fair share of cards

He cost £5.5 million

If there is not a lower league centre half who is not better for similar or less money I'd be shocked.

Quite happy to be proved wrong and I have every faith in the scouting system. Lets be honest Marcin is a similar type player except older and slower and I have grown to love him (Only because if there was ever a chance he had heard I didn't like him I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to walk around the city ever again).

Are you really surprised he is being pulled out of position and isn't communicating perfectly with his teammates he's only been here 5 minutes, it takes time to build understanding.

Be patient.

Can't say I've been too impressed so far. Defensive wise he hasn't been too bad, certainly nothing worth making a judgment on, it's just that he made two absolutely needless fouls in the Sunderland and West Ham games, both obvious yellow cards with the opponents going nowhere, just handing the opposition the opportunity to put the ball into the box.

People can make comparisons to Wasyl all they want, the fact is that he doesn't make challenges as stupid as these. He's a smart defender, uses his physicality well and doesn't pick up needless cards.

It's clear to me that Benalouane can play a bit and likes to pass it, as people said he did before he signed, but it's also clear that he picks up ridiculous yellow cards and is at times a liability, as people said he would be. Hopefully he can cut this crap out of his game, it's not an ability thing so Ranieri should be able to "coach" (for want of a better word) it out of him.

• Like 1

Remember when Wasil was the same?...

Wasyl never was like Benalouane. He plays tough, but never brainless. That's a huge difference between him and Benalouane.

Christ, as if two seasons here were not enough to show Wasyl is not a brainless bully...

This absolutely !!!!

Wasyl got some stick in his first few games: 'bomb scare'..'liability'...'walking red card' etc .

Benny's getting the same, will probably end up a favourite, just like Was!

For Chist sake compare their statistics from the last season. Benalouane got like fourteen yellows and three suspensions, Wasyl got seven yellows, no suspensions. Last time Wasyl was suspended was in 2012, when he broke DeLorge's nose, He never really was a walking liability, he just looked like he might be, unlike Benalouane who often forgets to turn his brain on.

As for this manager and entourage...........yes I believe they do know better than us en masse.

Great post. Constant negative opinions from the same bad fans shouldn't in any way compare to the real world of team management.

Thracian, yes fans can disagree and have opinions different to those of the manager and the club and yes players can fail, but we are really talking about the same dozen or so fans who just vent negative commentary on every player we have or buy or linked with.  Including how much a player is worth or what is value.  What basis of knowledge do any of us have without any of the real facts to as to the finances of the club today and what is the transfer value that is never what is reported in the press.  Just speculation by the media.

If criticism is deserved then by all means criticise a performance or performances, but to write off a player who has only played his first full competitive game for us and that in the League cup is frankly a JOKE.

It is this type of petulant attitude that I and seems many other fans fined annoying. 

Absolute car crash defending at Bury. 

Looks like a waste of money!

Absolute car crash defending at Bury. 

Looks like a waste of money!

You need to join the negativity thread, it refers to you!

I will simply remind people that for a long long time pre-Brian Little, Steve Walsh was WAY more of a liability than this guy will ever be.

Good point. Just checked- Steve Walsh holds the record for most red cards in the football league with 13 (joint holder). Duncan Ferguson only got 8!

Ramos has got 19-so it's definitely not a reflection of ability.

Much, much too early to judge, but I don't get the price, which is obviously not his fault. Maybe, it's part payment on some other player at Atalanta for the future? Or something else?

Whatever it is, so far it's working!

I'm comparing the reaction from our supporters. Can't fairly compare the records of the two players until they're playing in the same league!

Hard to compare the reactions, when we have here two different players, that's my point. What was an unfounded doubt in case of Wasyl, might be a reasonable one in case of Benalouane.

Somene mentioned here Sergio Ramos who has a penchant for collecting stupid yellows and reds. Any losses stemming from Sergio's occasional stupidity are much smaller than what Real team gains from his playing abilities. Now, can we say that about Benalouane? Somehow I doubt that he is a gem that was buried in one of not so good Serie A teams.