Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RonnieTodger

What music do you hate?

Techno, almost everything base-heavy in Rap, R&B, dance, etc. (unless it's the instrument), most classical music (I'm not old enough just yet lol), anything that sounds remotely like it was uber-produced in a recording studio without any or few real music instruments involved (which includes the majority of songs in our modern-day music charts), folk, jazz (free jazz is the worst, but each to their own), emo, music where the singers have more talent for screaming than anything, speed metal, death metal & co.

Oh, all that and country.

Edited by MC Prussian

All Country/Western Music, all opera (I'll make a bit of an exception for Sarah Brightman) most Rap, 99% of the so called talent that airs itself through Cowell's constant stream of crap. As per MC Prussian, I like to hear well produced proper instruments.....(and I'm too old yet :blush: )

Techno, almost everything base-heavy in Rap, R&B, dance, etc. (unless it's the instrument), most classical music (I'm not old enough just yet lol), anything that sounds remotely like it was uber-produced in a recording studio without any or few real music instruments involved (which includes the majority of songs in our modern-day music charts), folk, jazz (free jazz is the worst, but each to their own), emo, music where the singers have more talent for screaming than anything, speed metal, death metal & co.

Oh, all that and country.

By process of elimination... you like polka and reggae

By process of elimination... you like polka and reggae

I guess I do - never been properly exposed to polka, mind. I suppose listening to the Leningrad Cowboys comes closest. lol

Reggae is fine. No need for me to include a spliff in order to enhance the experience, however.

Edited by MC Prussian

I don't hate any particular genre or band, I just hate uninspired, by-the-numbers, insipid music, of which there is too much. The charts, of any given era, are proof of this.

Admittedly there may be the odd artist I like that may occasionally use autotune.

Which proves my point! :thumbup: Edited by Trav Le Bleu

I like the best bits of every genre, Public Enemy, Boards Of Canada, Miles Davis, early Fairport Convention, Black Sabbath, Glen Campbell, Otis Redding, Funkadelic, Neil Diamond, Dead Kennedys, Caravan, Ella Fitzgerald, Johnny Cash, Bowie and a lot of classical. Good music is good music, genre doesn't come in to it

You've got taste. Boards of Canada are great.

My taste is also very eclectic. I can't really say what music I like by genre, because I'd be listing almost all of them. I mostly listen to post-punk, electro, fusion, grunge, funk, industrial.. it's all over the shop. I have my mp3 player on shuffle usually, and it'll be something like; Mastodon, Bird and the Bee, Deftones, Run DMC, George Clinton, DJ Shadow, Dinosaur Jr., Nine Inch Nails, David Axelrod, Tool, Beastie Boys... you get the idea.

If I had to say genres I don't like, I'd have to say modern R&B (how it can be labelled R&B, I'll never know), most indie music bores my tits off, and folk doesn't do anything for me, either.

Also any of that shitty dance music with sped-up Pinky and Perky/The Chipmunks-style vocals - just makes me laugh at the thought that someone could actually enjoy it, fvcking Bruno Mars (w*nker), Pitbull ("Mr. Worldwide!" Fvck off.), anything like Jack Johnson/Scouting for Girls (awful, awful, awful guff that seems to me like something designed for soothing comatose patients).

If I had to say genres I don't like, I'd have to say modern R&B (how it can be labelled R&B, I'll never know), most indie music bores my tits off, and folk doesn't do anything for me, either.

There's some fantastic R'n'B knocking around if you expand on it and don't just define it as Jason DeRulo and the chart filling shite he comes out with.

Frank Ocean, Miguel, How To Dress Well, Raphael Saadiq, D'Angelo - there's some excellent and really inventive stuff out there.

Not a fan of Queen and 'Bohemian Rhapsody' must be one of the most overrated songs of all time.

Don't like Katy Perry either all of her songs sound the same whenever I hear her on the radio.

Edited by Fox92

• 2 weeks later...