Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ashby_fox

Martin Allen Interview - I shouldn't have taken LCFC job.

Very interesting, I always wonered what went on here. wonder why he's broke his silence on this now. maybe his non disclosure agreement has run out. maybe in 8 years time we will get pearson being interviewed on RL explaining this summer.

He didn't really reveal anything specific, he was called into see Mandaric, who said your services are no longer required, he shook his hand and wished them luck and left...

I think there are a couple of scenes missing there.

The most interesting bit was that someone was pressuring them into playing on after the heart attack incident, and reading between the lines that person was Mandy or someone very high up, Mad Dog went mad at him in an unprofessional way, Top Gear style, and thus lost his job. That is just pure speculation.

That was quite an interesting insight in his very short tenure at LCFC. He was very truthful in why he took the job was for the money (who wouldn't) and that there was clearly more said in the meeting than he lets on. Just glad that we now have decent owners who will stick by their manager as much as they can.

Very interesting, I always wonered what went on here. wonder why he's broke his silence on this now. maybe his non disclosure agreement has run out. maybe in 8 years time we will get pearson being interviewed on RL explaining this summer.

Because no one has been that interested in ongoings at Leicester until the last four months or so, when all of a sudden we're everyone's cup of tea! 

• Like 1

Mandaric did actually steady the ship, behind the scenes publically, eventually - it's all about the 'end product', and Mandaric's plea to fans that the Thai are very caring and good owners has convinced me that Mandaric did good at the end.

One in a series of 5 or 6 managers that year that would all say the same and all promise we would have hit the playoffs if they had more time.

He started in the summer break and in my opinion you don't have time to piss about starting from scratch looking around for new signings. Just work with the team and what's already coming your way and think about who you want for the next window.

The only one that had the time was Holloway a year later and that ended up as a f-ing disgrace and there is an argument that on scale of turds; Holloway was better than Allen. Either which way we were still in the sh*t.

Martin Allen makes a good coach and manager, but he's quite clearly a lower league kind of guy - considering theres such a huge emphasis on scouting and a director of football / footballing operations these days at the best clubs. Perhaps Milan stepped in a little too much as an owner. 

Good interview and an honest account there from Allen, granted he was way out of his depth when he took the job on and to admit that he shouldn't have and was here only for the money is a brave admission.

Mandaric could probably see this and perhaps that's why he stepped in?