Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Bournemouth away post-match thread

reason everyone is so pissed is that we lost 2 points today, bournemouth were there for the taking and we didnt win a game we should have done much better in

Bournemouth were there for the taking based on what exactly? Their win at West Ham, an unlucky loss to Liverpool?

I see it hasn't taken our fans long to turn into premier league bellends like a Stoke fans sneering at other teams.

This was always going to be a tough game. Bournemouth were very confident after their win at West Ham, as expected they pressed us hard in the first half. Too often in the first half the ball went back to Wes, Huth or Kasper and then was punted long. Fair play to Bournemouth, they didn't give our creative players like Mahrez and Albrighton any time on the ball.

We got back into the game through a combination of them tiring and pressing less as the game went on, having to deal with 3 injuries, and our decision to give Jeff licence to get forward and run at Francis.

This is a game we would probably have lost last season. Could be an important point come May.

Bournemouth were there for the taking based on what exactly? Their win at West Ham, an unlucky loss to Liverpool?

I see it hasn't taken our fans long to turn into premier league bellends like a Stoke fans sneering at other teams.

I'd say simply that they way they play plays right into the way we play. We've been playing focused on catching our opponents on the break, Bournemouth commit so far forward that the space for that is wide open. If we'd stuck to our guns from the first three matches, they were setting themselves up to be skewered. Their win at West Ham was lucky let's be clear, MOTM for them that game was Aaron Creswell - but they were incredibly naive defensively in a way that suited us down to the ground.

Not pretty but I'll take a point.

After this though hopefully De Laet, King & Drinkwater get dropped. King & Drinkwater's biggest weakness is pressure, when teams get on top of us they can't handle it. It doesn't help matters that their passing wasn't up to scratch either.

Time to go back to 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2. Somehow you need to find a way to accommodate Mahrez, he has been effective on the wing but in terms of defending he doesn't help enough. Give him another shot behind the strikers, get in Nagatomo as competition for Albrighton & push Schlupp forward.

That is besides the point. We have already played better teams this season and seen good results while playing our game. I don't understand why he changed to such a negative formation today. To me it didn't make sense. We should have played two banks of four to soak up the pressure and then pushed to catch them on the counter, which is what we have been doing well all season already.

Oh, I thought the formation was your point?

the fact that they dominated for 70 minutes and created nothing, simple as. had we matched their intensity in the first half, we would have won.

not big-headedness at all, but having watched bournemouth this season, they are a team with a massive amount of endeavor and very little cutting edge.

we've shown this season that we can put away teams like that but didnt today. Please do explain why we shouldn't be dipleased after today?

I think our players are fitter. We had Bournemouth hanging on at the end. 

I think we should stop showing respect to the opposition. Last week we seemed to change the way we played against Sours even though we were at home. Ok, The heat had a big part. This week we change our formation maybe possibly on the back of their result at West  Ham. We should play to our strengths and let everyone else worry about us!

First half was awful. The players didn't look like they knew the tactic, Jamie Vardy looked isolated and I can't recall us having a shot even off target. 

Second half we looked a lot better due to the tactical changes and 3 quick injuries seemed to knock the stuffing out of Bournemouth. We were the only team that looked like scoring in the last half hour. Based on the 90 minutes a draw was the fair result and I won't complain about having 8 points after 4 games. 

Neil Swarbrick seemed to make things up as he went along. The thing that annoys me with refs is how inconsistent they are with decisions and that was pretty much my problem Today. At least he gave the penalty though so he got 1 thing right.

Schlupp was excellent in the 2nd half and showed exactly why he would be of more benefit up the pitch. Kante also looked good on his 1st PL start and we didn't look like conceding to me even when Bournemouth had their good spell so our defence deserves some credit. 

Danny Drinkwater... well he was pretty awful wasn't he? Didn't seem to put a foot right all afternoon and it is a mystery to me how he stayed on the pitch for the whole match. He had a 'mare against Spurs too and should really be dropped for our next game against Villa. I like DD but he doesn't seem with it at the moment. 

Finally, I think it is too much to expect Dodoo to perform at this moment in time. We look short out wide so I hope we sign another winger (even on loan would do) before the window shuts on Tuesday. 

Interesting Quote from our Jamie, 

More from Jamie Vardy, who tells BBC Sport : "There weren't many people putting their name forward for the penalty. They were pointing at me so I stepped up and lashed it as hard as I could."

go onnn son!!   :thumbup: 

he took pens for Fleetwood and did not miss many . 

Think we got a pretty good reality check today. de Laet is just not a prem quality fullback. Defensively he is a liability and I do not think that is going to change. We have played four games against teams and none of then had a real threat down the left and still he looks weak. The injuries to Gradel and Daniels probably saved us from a loss today. Benny the loon does not look like the answer either, every time he goes near the ball around our penalty area I cringe. Would rather have Was out there in a back three. Teams are going to target De Laet every time we play him anyone can see the problem. It also creates problems for Mahrez who is never going to be be great when he does not have the ball. We need to get a quality right back and quick. Then we can let Mahrez loose in a more free role.

I think Ranieri made a huge mistake bringing Dodoo on, this boy is clearly no where near ready for the prem and ended up embarrassing himself. We should have brought on Ulloa and spared the kid. Cannot understand the decision to not play Okazaki as it looked silly seeing Drinkwater being the only person within a mile of Vardy when he was flicking on headers in the first half. if we sit Okazaki we have to play a different style away from home.

On the plus side we would have lost a game like this last year. Kante has promise but needs to understand that just chasing the ball leaves gaps behind him that better teams will exploit. Schlupp is getting better and better and will I think grow into a heck of a player.

Vardy gave a flash of of quality and then showed the mental strength of a leader to put the peno away emphatically. Boy has he come a long way in three short years.

Eight points, four games, top four, Cattermole gives up another penalty and Chelski are four points below us. life is good!!!!

AK & DD were top 6 premiership team players after we had beaten mighty Sunderland & west ham according to some of you lot.. Some of you fiercely defended de laet too when i said he was championship standard! One dodgey showing from the team and the knives are out! lol

Ranieri has to decide if he loaning joe out. Perhaps he wanted to see him in a cameo at the highest level.

Riyad clattered early on by a player unlikely to be booked again. Is this a tactic we can expect to see moving forward. Last time he was clattered early in a game (last autumn), he also disappeared.

Guest CityFan 06

Pleased to grind out a point today especially after going one behind away from home. It shows were a good side if we can not play so well, and yet still get some kind of a result.

Not sure about major changes for the next games. We had a few players having an off day. Bournemouth were well organised playing box to box.

Happy to come away with a point. The break would have killed me otherwise.

Schlupp MOTM and Kante is quality.

Got a Bournemouth supporting mate who said we were quite good. 'Made more noise than villa' he also said whether that's much of an achievement :)

WYS

post-23219-0-49082500-1440874780_thumb.j

This is start of the 2nd half. i couldn't wander down and take a pic when we'd scored but we looked great! Leic fans were noisy in parts but the 'fouls' and stoppages and scrappy game didn't help the atmosphere. Bournemouth fans were worked up over the injuries to their players and made some noise.

Think we were out fought in a tight midfield on a small pitch til changing things in second half. very interested to see highlights of all these fouls and penalty claims...

Archived