Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ranieri - Shocking perfomance

Unbelievable really, it's almost like people actually believe we're going to continue the excellent form over a season and a quarter without looking shit now and again.

So we should be happy regardless? In the main, it was a poor performance today, especially first half. We created very very little of note throughout 98 mins against a team that's going to fight relegation and conceded three against West Ham. It's testament to how far we've come that we can still grind out a draw despite this, which is a very positive sign.

The sheer pace and determination in the side will mean we're always going to cause teams issues.

But just as 'forgiving' as we should be to draw against a top 6 side at home last week where we showed very little initiative despite our great start, just as concerned should we be that, bar a penalty, we didn't create a single clear cut chance today.

That shocking that we got a point away against a team that was clear favourites to beat us!

Were they actually or is this just the weird love in with them that the media seems to have? They're a newly promoted team, they shouldn't be clear favourites to beat anyone except those they went up with, like us last season.

Totally agree a shocking managerial performance. He fails to see that if we play 3-5-2 then we would be able to release schlupp further forward where he is more effective, let albrighton whip in the crosses from deep at right wing back and let mahrez roam behind the two strikers. 

We would also be more solid at the back with 3 in there! 

It makes sense but he is too stubborn to try it. Wish we still had Pearson. 

A bit like when MON left and we were still riding on a wave, I have a terrible feeling we may nose dive, like we did under Peter Taylor

So, not a great game today, but a valuable point gained.

Ranieri has to try different ways of playing before the deadline to see which way the rest of the season may go. It's not his fault that most of the side let him down, and he will hopefully have learned something from today's game.

I can see a couple of good players arriving by the deadline.

Totally agree a shocking managerial performance. He fails to see that if we play 3-5-2 then we would be able to release schlupp further forward where he is more effective, let albrighton whip in the crosses from deep at right wing back and let mahrez roam behind the two strikers. 

A bit like when MON left and we were still riding on a wave, I have a terrible feeling we may nose dive, like we did under Peter Taylor

Fully agree.

So we should be happy regardless? In the main, it was a poor performance today, especially first half. We created very very little of note throughout 98 mins against a team that's going to fight relegation and conceded three against West Ham. It's testament to how far we've come that we can still grind out a draw despite this, which is a very positive sign.

The sheer pace and determination in the side will mean we're always going to cause teams issues.

But just as 'forgiving' as we should be to draw against a top 6 side at home last week where we showed very little initiative despite our great start, just as concerned should we be that, bar a penalty, we didn't create a single clear cut chance today.

Who said you should be happy?

I'm not happy, but I'm not over reacting about a poor performance just as I won't about a good one. Some of the stuff posted is just moronic over reaction as per usual.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Unbelievable really, it's almost like people actually believe we're going to continue the excellent form over a season and a quarter without looking shit now and again.

Its alright looking shit every now and again but Claudio clearly played for the clean sheet today rather than focusing on goals.

Bournemouth are our rivals, not Chelsea and Liverpool. A selection and formation error in the first half has resulted in us sharing points with our rival.

I think most people would have us down to beat Bournemouth if we were to go toe to toe with them in a 4-4-2.

Thought we were much better when Shinji came on, much more support for Vards and better link up from back to front.

DD staying on was odd for me but he got a bit better towards the end (coincidence that he had more to pass to up front?)

Jeff was immense today and Kante was very good.

After such a poor performance in the first half (from the WHOLE) team, I'm happy with a point. Gradel going off helped a lot as he ran us ragged down the right.

RDL needs help on the right but I'm worried that he seems to need so much help. His positioning and passing is woeful at times.

Overall, happy to get a point, remain unbeaten and enjoy the rest of my weekend knowing we had a bad day at the office (we were outrun and out passed by them) and took a point. Last season we would have lost that.

It was a stupid decision but credit for recognising it and fixing the formation to save a point in the second half. Not great but not shocking. We are still unbeaten and 8/12 is no shoddy points haul.

Hopefully that will teach him not to mess with the formation again though. Today could have been a different, winning result with two halves played like the second half performance. 442 at Villa please Claudio.

Were they actually or is this just the weird love in with them that the media seems to have? They're a newly promoted team, they shouldn't be clear favourites to beat anyone except those they went up with, like us last season.

Yes they were around 6/5 and we were 13/5. Quite clear really. They are at home and have been playing well. The odds would be the other way round if we were at home, possibly a little shorter for us.

Its alright looking shit every now and again but Claudio clearly played for the clean sheet today rather than focusing on goals.

Bournemouth are our rivals, not Chelsea and Liverpool. A selection and formation error in the first half has resulted in us sharing points with our rival.

I think most people would have us down to beat Bournemouth if we were to go toe to toe with them in a 4-4-2.

And? There is no manager out there who won't make mistakes. Shit performances will happen. Other teams will perform better or stop you performing. People are reacting like little children unable to control their emotions.

He made a debatable mistake, corrected it, and we got a point against a decent team away from home.

Yes they were around 6/5 and we were 13/5. Quite clear really. They are at home and have been playing well. The odds would be the other way round if we were at home, possibly a little shorter for us.

Well, those odds were utterly daft - trawling for fools. They've not been playing that well - brainless vs Villa and West Ham - the difference was West Hams defence was even more brainless. 

And? There is no manager out there who won't make mistakes. Shit performances will happen. Other teams will perform better or stop you performing. People are reacting like little children unable to control their emotions.

He made a debatable mistake, corrected it, and we got a point against a decent team away from home.

I don't think they are a decent team, I'm convinced we'd have won if we'd played the same way as we had the first 3 matches.

And what?

He made a mistake which contributed to us not picking up 3 points. End of.

Are people not allowed to be critical anymore? Nobody is losing their shit over this and calling for his head, just simply stating fact.

Well, those odds were utterly daft - trawling for fools. They've not been playing that well - brainless vs Villa and West Ham - the difference was West Hams defence was even more brainless. 

Did you watch the Liverpool game? A West Ham away win is very good too. Or is it only good when we beat them?

We played shit and he changed it and we played better and came away with a point, shows great management.

That's how I saw it too.

A change was clearly needed at halftime, and CR made it. We looked better 2nd half (which wasn't difficult, has to be said!) and were the better team. I wouldn't have made that exact change but bottom line is we got a point away from home (and could have even had all three) so I'm not complaining.

Lessons learned and we move on.... unbeaten!

The odds are a true reflection of how the game should pan out. If the odds were that bad you should have piled onto us then!

Four games in, City lie third in the table.

Anyone upset with that? After all the doom and gloom threads when Sir Nige got sacked?

Come on and tell us...

People are upset with today's performance col not our position in the table.

Archived