Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
danfox76

Joe Dodoo Air-shot

Under a lot of pressure, first Premier League game away from home; losing 0 - 1 - it's understandable.

But;

Reinstates my earlier point, shouldn't have been on the bench in the first place, let alone come on as a sub. It really doesnt matter if a prospect grabs a hattrick and plays okay against League 2 opposition in the cup, because it's not the Premier League. Dodoo has been nowhere pre-the hattrick, and was behind Panayiotou even for the U21s as a striker, i've seen a lot of U21 games and he's never caught my eye tbqh, sure, he caught our eyes vs Bury but yeah; Ranieri pershaps going a little too far down his old route of tinkering.

Ranieri has done stuff like this in the past and there's an old Italian tale/joke whcih goes something like 'new signing scores a brace last week, this week he's playing an under 18 defender upfront'. Can't be doing stuff like this in the Prem, unfortunately Dodoo gave a shocker in everything he did bar controlling a kick out wide. Needs to play in the cup or out on loan.

Under a lot of pressure, first Premier League game away from home; losing 0 - 1 - it's understandable.

But;

Reinstates my earlier point, shouldn't have been on the bench in the first place, let alone come on as a sub. It really doesnt matter if a prospect grabs a hattrick and plays okay against League 2 opposition in the cup, because it's not the Premier League. Dodoo has been nowhere pre-the hattrick, and was behind Panayiotou even for the U21s as a striker, i've seen a lot of U21 games and he's never caught my eye tbqh, sure, he caught our eyes vs Bury but yeah; Ranieri pershaps going a little too far down his old route of tinkering.

Ranieri has done stuff like this in the past and there's an old Italian tale/joke whcih goes something like 'new signing scores a brace last week, this week he's playing an under 18 defender upfront'. Can't be doing stuff like this in the Prem, unfortunately Dodoo gave a shocker in everything he did bar controlling a kick out wide. Needs to play in the cup or out on loan.

You clearly haven't watched the U21s as Dodoo scored more goals than Panayiotou last season.

But;

Reinstates my earlier point, shouldn't have been on the bench in the first place, let alone come on as a sub. It really doesnt matter if a prospect grabs a hattrick and plays okay against League 2 opposition in the cup, because it's not the Premier League. Dodoo has been nowhere pre-the hattrick, and was behind Panayiotou even for the U21s as a striker, i've seen a lot of U21 games and he's never caught my eye tbqh, sure, he caught our eyes vs Bury but yeah; Ranieri pershaps going a little too far down his old route of tinkering.

League 1.

hmmm, I do think he deserved his place mate. I could see why Ranieri brought him on, that game needed, amongst other things, energy. I thought since he came on the tempo definitely increased. That may not be solely down to him but it certainly occurred, in turn we then went on to get the penalty. So the result was favorable. 

I reckon there must be alot of hay around the KP.

These guys on this forum who have sat and waited for a poor performance..

Clutching at straws to go out and post any negative post they can.

Dodoo had every right to be on the bench today. His airshot, and the childish analyse over him missing it...

Every single striker/player with years more experience has done it, Vardy Mahrez at least 3 times last season.

Rooney , Suarez etc, etc.

I reckon there must be alot of hay around the KP.

These guys on this forum who have sat and waited for a poor performance..

Clutching at straws to go out and post any negative post they can.

Dodoo had every right to be on the bench today. His airshot, and the childish analyse over him missing it...

Every single striker/player with years more experience has done it, Vardy Mahrez at least 3 times last season.

Rooney , Suarez etc, etc.

yh ok it was still funny...   :scarf:

He totally deserved to be on the bench. As did Kramaric. In my opinion, Leo Ulloa is the player who should have missed out. I know he offers something different with his aerial ability but he's looked pretty lack lustre in the games I've seen him play so far. 

Fair play to giving him 20 mins or so today, presumably he was full of confidence post the cup game.

As long as he can laugh it off afterwards then no harm done.  At least he was in the right space for the cut back.

this +1

I think it's good that Ranieri rewards our developing players if they perform. It should really motivate all of them. That said I bet Kramaric must have been shaking his head when Dodo missed the ball and we don't want to demotivate members of our first team. Tricky balance. Managing his harder in real life than for all us keyboard experts.

Poor kid, he's probably out of his depth but he'll be embarrassed enough about it.

I can see why he was on the bench after his hat trick but there's no way he should have come on. Inler, Ulloa or Kramaric (why the hell was he not on the bench at least?!) would have all made more sense and with Mahrez being taken off as well it was all the more strange.

He totally deserved to be on the bench. As did Kramaric. In my opinion, Leo Ulloa is the player who should have missed out. I know he offers something different with his aerial ability but he's looked pretty lack lustre in the games I've seen him play so far. 

Yet he assisted two of the goals at Bury.

You know we have some real idiots as fans. I doubt 90% of other clubs have this problem with blooding youngsters. It's ridiculous. He's not the finished article oh he's shit. FFS be fans and help them develop whatever raw talent they've displayed.

Remember a guy called Max Gradel - our fans use to skate him as "he couldn't cross it." Well done lads, great support.

It's fun to sing when we are winning but cut these youngsters/players some slack - it might just help them.

Archived