Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
danfox76

Joe Dodoo Air-shot

The important thing about his missed kick was that he was in the right place to take the opportunity. He just lost concentration for a split second that happens young players. He looks a very good prospect though, very strong on the ball and not intimidated. A week to remember for the lad.

Poor kid, he's probably out of his depth but he'll be embarrassed enough about it.

I can see why he was on the bench after his hat trick but there's no way he should have come on. Inler, Ulloa or Kramaric (why the hell was he not on the bench at least?!) would have all made more sense and with Mahrez being taken off as well it was all the more strange.

Why isn't Kramaric in the bench... Because he's done nothing to warrant it maybe.

Why isn't Kramaric in the bench... Because he's done nothing to warrant it maybe.

Well he scored in his only appearance of the season, can't do much more, Kram lost out because we changed shape, no need for 3 strikers on bench

Well he scored in his only appearance of the season, can't do much more, Kram lost out because we changed shape, no need for 3 strikers on bench

and Dodoo scored three playing in a position we're lacking... If it was the other way round and Kram got three whilst Dodoo got one... Then fair enough.

and Dodoo scored three playing in a position we're lacking... If it was the other way round and Kram got three whilst Dodoo got one... Then fair enough.

I'm not saying Kram should have replaced him, Ulloa or 1 of the defenders could have missed out

Why should our top scorer last year miss out? I would wager his chance conversion rate is shocking compared to Leo.

I probably wouldnt as far as shocking. Minutes played to goals scored is as good if not better than Leo's - around 1 in 2 games over 90 minutes.

You clearly haven't watched the U21s as Dodoo scored more goals than Panayiotou last season.

Never questioned that, said he never caught my eye as a standout player.

League 1.

hmmm, I do think he deserved his place mate. I could see why Ranieri brought him on, that game needed, amongst other things, energy. I thought since he came on the tempo definitely increased. That may not be solely down to him but it certainly occurred, in turn we then went on to get the penalty. So the result was favorable. 

Sorry, they seem like a League 2 side. Yeah I can see why Ranieri invluded him in the 18, and perhaps with the lack of RW/LW options and with Albrighton being somewhat mediocre, I can see why he would try that move; it just didn't work for me. I did keep a close eye on Dodoo and he was no way near influential enough in his 30 minutes, but if he had banged that missed shot in then perhaps I'd be cheery and call him clinical - i'm only just looking at what's infront of me; Dodoo showed his inexperience and weaknesses at the highest level, because he's not ready. It happens, I'm in the belief where you have to reward great contributions; but still take the intelligent step in deciding against it. Begovic played top quality for Chelsea in the games Courtois missed, but Courtois filled his place. Reece Oxford's inexperience and weaknesses were exposed and he's been dropped, Now we've seen Dodoo's short performance vs Bournemouth we can assess that he's not ready for first-team football, and it stresses the importance on signing a capable winger who is. Furthermore as an avid opposer to Garth Crook's consistent goal scoring favouritism to his team of the week, I can't sit down and say Dodoo deserves to be playing first team football because he bagged a few goals in the cup.

In all the years I've posted on here I've never really got involved in the in depth stuff about team selection, but I've read a lot of it and the one thing that's always been the same is people complain about youth players not getting a game or a chance.

Then lo and behold Ranieri gives a youth player the last 20 minutes and your all tearing the kid to shreds, never seen a set of fans like it for never being satisfied.

Think people are being hard on him, wasn't an easy chance at all

He was in a similar position against Bury in the cup - but I do agree with the notion that the nerves got the worst of him yesterday. He attempted to shoot, then pulled his leg back in order to avoid contact, probably because he was too afraid of being clattered by the approaching Bournemouth player.

Happens to the best of us. You learn, you move on.

I was more concerned by a goal scoring opportunity being wasted than critical of the player. It would have been one helluva headline though if he had buried it.

Archived