Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

Need to go back to playing how we did vs Sunderland, West ham and Spurs; don't respect teams, don't set up to counter their threats - we tried that October - March last season and it plain didn't work - start and end of last season we told the opposition to worry about stopping us instead, as with the first 3 this season, and we looked every inch a top half team in those performances.

I think we'll learn from today and as a result of that we'll have a new RB. Which will go some way to addressing our Achilles heel. Which is the main attaching target for the opposition. 

We always look lively at home so I don't think a lacklustre display like we saw today should be anything to worry about. 

I'm predicting a win. 

Ranieri should go back to a 3-5-2 which of.

Kasper

Benaloune, Huth, Morgan

Albrighton, Inler, Kante, Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy, Okazaki

However he will probably stay with a 4-4-2, in which case I would like to see.

Kasper

Benaloune, Huth, Morgan, Fuchs

Mahrez, Kante, Inler, Schlupp

Vardy, Okazaki.

I want to see 3-5-2 or we need to sign a quality RB if sticking to 4 at the back.

Also, like to see Inler and Kante start in the middle.  King and Drinkwater were very poor today and Inler should get a chance now.

Vardy much better when paired with Shinji so both should start up front 

Need to go back to playing how we did vs Sunderland, West ham and Spurs; don't respect teams, don't set up to counter their threats - we tried that October - March last season and it plain didn't work - start and end of last season we told the opposition to worry about stopping us instead, as with the first 3 this season, and we looked every inch a top half team in those performances.

Agree.

Interesting that after the match today Howe said that our starting formation showed them a lot of respect and I wonder if that gave them confidence.

I worry sometimes about all this talk of "tactics" - which I suspect seems to involve worrying about the opposition  rather than getting our own game going,

Schmeichel

Was     Wes     Huth

Albrighton     Inler    Kante     Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy   Okazaki

Schwarzer, Kramaric, Ulloa, Bennaloune, King, Drinkwater, Fuchs

Tear them a new one.

A good time to play them as there still putting a team together. Bennaloune surely has to get his chance to start at right back now. As we cannot continue with De Laet there. Kante and Inler in the middle, the rest of the team picks itself. If the players learn't anything today it's that you have to start with the right attitude and impose our game on the opposition. Don't let them build confidence as we allowed Bournemouth.

Archived