Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

If CR thinks we need to play a defensive game against Rudy fvckin gestede, were in for a long long season.

You suggest we just attack, attack, attack all the time? What do you expect? To win every game. Go and support man city. We are averaging 2 points a game so far. Carry that on and we will finish with 76 points

We need to revert to our "old" tactics and formation and bring in more experience in midfield with Inler and pair him up with Kanté.

Play a 3-4-1-2 or a 3-5-2 with Vardy and Okazaki up front (depending on how fit they'll be after the international break, pending a call-up).

Schmeichel

Wasilewski Huth Morgan

Albrighton Inler Kanté Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

We need to revert to our "old" tactics and formation and bring in more experience in midfield with Inler and pair him up with Kanté.

Play a 3-4-1-2 or a 3-5-2 with Vardy and Okazaki up front (depending on how fit they'll be after the international break, pending a call-up).

Schmeichel

Wasilewski Huth Morgan

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

This. Although I think CR will go for Benny ahead of Was

If Mahrez is fit he has to play. However he has been rested after previous international duties so we may need another winger. Based on the Bournemouth match I'd be happy for Kante to stand in rather than Dodoo who needs more time before he plays a full match.

I expect DD and King will be retained in midfield if Mahrez isn't playing, if he is one of them will probably make way for Kante.

RDL didn't have his best game against Bournemouth and I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop to the bench, Benalouane has to be given a full match sometime.

Okazaki has the most demanding travel and may not be fully fit for Villa, in which case I'd like Kram to get a chance, especially if Mahrez isn't playing.

Should be beating these but I've got a feeling we'll make hard work of it.

We made hard work of beating them during our turn of the year 'purple patch' when they were soon dire.

They have looked quick on the break so might be a tad naive to just fly forward non stop. Got to mix it up a bit. having said that, would be good to try and get that first five minutes 'up and at them' going again. Spurs kept it so well for the first 10 mins that we never had a sniff.

If we play like we know we can, with fast tempo, attracting intent and 352 we will win this easily. If we go in to Mr Ranieri's shell, where we are afraid to attack, then we will lose.

Come on Claudio, stop this 451 bullocks, and start attacking teams again!

This game could go either way dependent on what formation and team Claudio chooses. Ulloa and vardy with Mahrez behind would destroy these

Very winnable game though Villa are no mugs. They are a better side than last season imo.

I'd do the 5-3-2 thing for this one. Getting Schlupp and Delaet bombing on, shielded by Kante playing alongside King and Inler. And I'd give Kramaric his first start alongside Vardy.

Kasper

Benalouane Huth Morgan Schlupp

Albrighton Kante Inler Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

That would be my preferred team.

Not keen on mahrez playing in front of schlupp. Leaves us a bit vulnerable to attack down that side..

Schmeichel

Was Wes Huth

Albrighton Inler Kante Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

Schwarzer, Kramaric, Ulloa, Bennaloune, King, Drinkwater, Fuchs

Tear them a new one.

This all day long. 3 at the back allowing Schlupp to push forward more. Attack and defend as a unit giving Mahrez free reign. Kante and Inler to start in the middle.

Why do people think CR is going to jettison a defensive 4? has he ever played a back 3?

he will try a few more formations in his attempt to secure a clean sheet before he tries 3 at the back.

Wasn't he quoted as saying he'd stick with that formation when he signed?

Found it:

And ex-Juventus and Inter Milan coach Ranieri says he sees no reason to tear up the script and start again at the King Power Stadium.

Ranieri said: "My football is very close to how they are used to playing.

"It is not possible to change too much because I watch the matches and they were very solid when they played three at the back and then we can change with three midfielders or a two with two on the flanks.

Schmeichel

Wasilewski Huth Morgan

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

Hope to see that at some point certainly. 

I want us to win this even more than usual - relegation rivals and the biggest nob of a manager you'll ever find. 

Wasn't he quoted as saying he'd stick with that formation when he signed?

Found it:

And ex-Juventus and Inter Milan coach Ranieri says he sees no reason to tear up the script and start again at the King Power Stadium.

Ranieri said: "My football is very close to how they are used to playing.

"It is not possible to change too much because I watch the matches and they were very solid when they played three at the back and then we can change with three midfielders or a two with two on the flanks.

I remember it well. how did we play pre season? Presume sland wouldn't have known how we would start. And each team after must have had to make allowances in their planning for us setting up with a back 3. just making the point that all opportunities for playing 3 have been refused and I don't expect that to change soon.

Schmeichel

Was Wes Huth

Albrighton Inler Kante Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

Schwarzer, Kramaric, Ulloa, Bennaloune, King, Drinkwater, Fuchs

Tear them a new one.

There's a good case for saying this is our best-balanced line-up although I'd still prefer King to Inler cos he's more reliable and has featured in most of what has been an incredible run without defeat....and I can't subscribe to the idea that he's just been lucky.

Inler is clearly capable but has wasted so many passes and might easily have cost us goals as well.

Benny's another I have even more doubt about. He won't go long playing as he does without being sent off, costing us a penalty or both. So far I'm not impressed.

However we do it and whoever we chose there's so much room for improvement and for doing things our way instead of letting the opposition dictate terms. 

Archived