Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

Very winnable game though Villa are no mugs. They are a better side than last season imo.

I'd do the 5-3-2 thing for this one. Getting Schlupp and Delaet bombing on, shielded by Kante playing alongside King and Inler. And I'd give Kramaric his first start alongside Vardy.

Albrighton has proved far more superior in this role to even think about De laet playing it

I remember it well. how did we play pre season? Presume sland wouldn't have known how we would start. And each team after must have had to make allowances in their planning for us setting up with a back 3. just making the point that all opportunities for playing 3 have been refused and I don't expect that to change soon.

Makes me wonder how much input Shakey has. He must know our most effective way of playing - is Shakey being listened to, assuming he advocates playing three at the back.

We need to revert to our "old" tactics and formation and bring in more experience in midfield with Inler and pair him up with Kanté.

Play a 3-4-1-2 or a 3-5-2 with Vardy and Okazaki up front (depending on how fit they'll be after the international break, pending a call-up).

Schmeichel

Wasilewski Huth Morgan

Albrighton Inler Kanté Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

The guy speaks sense, this is my preferred lineup.

Go at them full bore from the first whistle and we will beat them comfortably I'd say :)

Judging by the highlights yesterday, they look a real handful going forward. Especially when Sinclair is on fire.

However, they're susceptible at the back and I guess an aggressive attacking approach should do the trick, yes.

We've got a rather easy opening to the season on paper - I'd love us to earn as many points as possible early on so we don't have to fear for the worst going into games against United, Manchester City, Arsenal or Chelsea.

I'd appoint MC Prussian as tactical coach for the next match so we can try to score some goals and actually win the game. I paid £65 for my ticket against Spurs just to watch a team which blatantly camped most of its players in two lines behind the centre circle and barely moved.

What attacking action there was mostly took place in the last few minutes when we were chasing an equaliser to the goal Spurs scored in one of their few attacks and altogether the whole affair was about as exciting as watching the epilogue.

I don't give a toss how much today's footballers are paid - good luck to them - but I do care about the way we approach the games and am sick of tactics being dictated by the near-mortal fear of losing.

If we intend to stay in The Premiership let's enhance and play the game in the spirit it was conceived - as a spectacle and an exercise in scoring as many goals in as many ways as possible.

Let's play as if we enjoy it.

We're not a team of dogs - there's no need to keep em on a leash for the 90 minutes each week that they meet the public. Let's get back to playing with passion and enterprise....while we've got the chance.         

I'd appoint MC Prussian as tactical coach for the next match so we can try to score some goals and actually win the game. I paid £65 for my ticket against Spurs just to watch a team which blatantly camped most of its players in two lines behind the centre circle and barely moved.

What attacking action there was mostly took place in the last few minutes when we were chasing an equaliser to the goal Spurs scored in one of their few attacks and altogether the whole affair was about as exciting as watching the epilogue.

I don't give a toss how much today's footballers are paid - good luck to them - but I do care about the way we approach the games and am sick of tactics being dictated by the near-mortal fear of losing.

If we intend to stay in The Premiership let's enhance and play the game in the spirit it was conceived - as a spectacle and an exercise in scoring as many goals in as many ways as possible.

We're not a team of dogs - there's no need to keep em on a leash for the 90 minutes each week that they meet the public. Let's get back to playing with passion and enterprise....while we've got the chance.

I expect you will get your wish once we have reached 40 points!

until then, rainieri will do what he thinks best to keep the team up. That's his remit.

Highly flattering, thank you. But on the whole, due to the lack of experience, unfortunately I'd have to decline.

However, I wouldn't mind being sat right next to Ranieri in the dugout so I could chat a little with Gökhan Inler. :D

Highly flattering, thank you. But on the whole, due to the lack of experience, unfortunately I'd have to decline.

However, I wouldn't mind being sat right next to Ranieri in the dugout so I could chat a little with Gökhan Inler. :D

A chat, I doubt it. You will insist on being in the shower with him

We only need another 9 wins. This really should be one of them. Our team seems better equipped to try and score, rather than to prevent the opposition from scoring. Just hope we play to our strengths and get after a very ordinary Villa team.

Christ Almighty..

If we have to turn to MC for tactical opinion, we're doomed.

He'd be signing every young starlet from Basel as well..

:P

Very winnable game though Villa are no mugs. They are a better side than last season imo.

I'd do the 5-3-2 thing for this one. Getting Schlupp and Delaet bombing on, shielded by Kante playing alongside King and Inler. And I'd give Kramaric his first start alongside Vardy.

I hope your right re Kram the man Col

2 week break. 4 games gone. Ranieri will have time to Tinker. Our high tempo, balls out approach in the first two games got us 6pts. Last 2 we slowed down and tried to contain. 2 pts.

This match will likely show us whether we are slipping into Peter Taylor territory.

In my opinion we must continue with our fast paced, high pressure game. It really is the only way for us.

Archived