Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

New right back

we need a defensive right back with Mahrez on the right wing that's why I think Moore could be a good option, get forward a bit but be a defender mostly

Yes lets replace a defender who has alot of pace but cant defend with someone with alot of pace and no premier league experience

and also can't defend

Yes lets replace a defender who has alot of pace but cant defend with someone with alot of pace and no premier league experience

Sorry, how dare I make a suggestion.

I'm forgetting the vast premier league experience of Kante, Okazaki and Inler.

Sorry, how dare I make a suggestion.

I'm forgetting the vast premier league experience of Kante, Okazaki and Inler.

I don't think it's just the lack of premier league experience he's calling out mate. I think it's the lack of any quality experience. Which you can't deny Inler Okazaki and Kante, to a lesser extent, have in abundance.

Ranieri identified the problem himself

He wants the wingers to push forwards, but they must track back.

9 games out of 10 I feel for RDL, supposed to be a key outlet up the pitch from the back, but has to do it all himself when play is in the opposite direction... And as for Benaloune(?) odd signing who seems pretty far from an improvement.

Also this back four is a serious problem, we look like conceding every single game. 343/352 for me. We were unplayable win that

I think the problem for RDL isn't that he's a bad defender, I just think that because we have a better squad these days, he's being identified as the weak link not because he's rubbish, but because so many others in the team are better than him.

It's a harsh reality. If we want to further improve the team then RB is the next position to look at.

If we were to go for another right back, I would definitely go for Sam Byram. But, I do agree with the fact that De Laet is too exposed when he plays with Mahrez. Plus, since we signed Ritchie, he has never been the most competent at defending. He is far more of an attacking fullback. It's a tough one, we do not have all that much support in that position and Bournemouth exposed that today.

I really, really don't think that De Laet is solely to blame for us being weak on the right. On the left, we have Albrighton and Schlupp, who defensively are pretty solid. Mahrez, pretty much offers no defensive cover at all. Strengthening wouldn't hurt, though.

I agree that with Mahrez playing in front of him, De Laet is getting very little help, but it doesn`t take away the fact that purely as a defensive full back, De Laet is still not quite good enough, and if we are to persist with a back four, with Mahrez playing in front of the right back, then quite simply, we need a better defensive full back.

If we were to go back to a 3-5-2, De Laet probably wouldn`t get in the team ahead of Albrighton as a wing back, but could probably offer decent cover in that position, and the need for a more defensively competent right back wouldn`t be needed especially.

At the moment though, i don`t see Ranieri moving away from a back four, in which case, i hope we manage to get something done before the end of this transfer window.

The RB position is quite a big problem now. We've been through times when we've needed a new left back, a new centre midfielder, and now a new right back when we have that position stocked full - that's the problem. RDL isn't stepping up as I thought he would from the Champ, he was doing great as an attacking RB in our winning seaon, but exposed still - playing against wingers RDL seems less composed and today, just generally out of position.

I'm starting to not buy into this isolation thing as the key reason RDL is struggling. If it was two on one each time and he couldn't cope then fair enough but most the problems today came from him being torn apart by one player in one on one situations where he is supposed to deal with it better. Always difficult facing tricky wingers but that is what he is there for. He simply doesn't cope well enough with the basic defensive duties and although Mahrez doesn't help, that isn't enough of excuse to allow him to continue to be the weak link in our team. If we bring in a quality RB and we look extremely vulnerable there, then I will admit I was wrong but for me, he just isn't a good enough defender, whether he has someone infront of him helping or not.  Too rash and always looks likely to concede silly fouls in dangerous areas.New RB or change of formation. Neither should include him in the starting 11

Archived