Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Kante's stats for today

That's just not true. A few were but by far the majority weren't.

9 tackles, without even paying a huge amount of attention 3 minimum were from his own shit balls. Fantastic legs, tempo, speed, passing needs work though.

Yeah he's really shit at passing lads. Only played an absolute peach through ball to Schlupp down the left and played the pass that gave Vardy a run on for his penalty.

I do wonder what people are seeing when they watch football.

So you're saying two good balls cancels out some really bad ones.

He did give the ball away a few times in the first half, but we were so disjointed he probably still had better ball retention than the rest of the team. Drinkwater and King having their worst performances in quite a long time probably didn't help either. Kante was very good in the second half, only missing out on MotM for me because Schlupp played well in both halfs.

He did give the ball away a few times in the first half, but we were so disjointed he probably still had better ball retention than the rest of the team. Drinkwater and King having their worst performances in quite a long time probably didn't help either. Kante was very good in the second half, only missing out on MotM for me because Schlupp played well in both halfs.

you and your fair assessment, you won't fit in.

So you're saying two good balls cancels out some really bad ones.

He completed 31 passes out of 40 attempted today. Considering he's a central defensive midfielder forced to play out wide in a position he's not comfortable in, I think his passing was more than good enough, and when you combine it with those defensive stats I think he was absolute quality today. It's not easy adapting to a un-natural position, let alone living in a new country and finding your place in a new club. He outshone both King and Drinkwater today and he's only gonna get better.

He's the perfect foil for Inler who is much more of a ball playing midfielder. With those 2 together we will be very dangerous and as I said earlier the sooner we get them together regularly the better.

People keep saying he played out wide and honestly I have no idea where anybody was playing half the time but if he did then where were Albrighton and Mahrez?

He moved out wide once Mahrez went off for Okazaki, Albrighton moved to the right wing.

It's all about getting Kante and Inlar together! Which hopefully will be the case against villa

I can't see why not. King and Drinky didn't do enough today. If I was Ranieri, I'd use today's woeful 1st half as an opportunity to press the reset button.

Hopefully, we'll line up like this:

Schmeichel

Was/Benny   Huth    Morgan

Albrighton       Inler    Kante      Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy       Okazaki

I think he's just the type of player City needed.

And that yesterday, without him in the side, we'd have probably lost the game.

Every team needs that engine room in the midfield. The bloke to win the ball and to give it to the playmakers.

IMO we didn't have that engine room last season. This season, we do.

Kante himself doesn't have to be an exceptional footballer...a sprayer of passes and a creator of goals. That's not his game.

Similar to Lennon in O'Neil's teams. He wasn't the playmaker. He gave it to Parker or to Izzett to do that.

It's criminal that he isn't playing centre midfield in this side. He would absolutely boss the **** if he was given the opportunity. The quicker we can get the Kante/Inler partnership going the better.

You would expect he now get's a starting role with probably Drinkwater at the expense of King.  Inler will have to train more and impress during the week to replace Drinky just yet, Kante I would think has now earned his starting spot after that performance and how it is reported he played against Bury.

I think he's just the type of player City needed.

And that yesterday, without him in the side, we'd have probably lost the game.

Every team needs that engine room in the midfield. The bloke to win the ball and to give it to the playmakers.

IMO we didn't have that engine room last season. This season, we do.

Kante himself doesn't have to be an exceptional footballer...a sprayer of passes and a creator of goals. That's not his game.

Similar to Lennon in O'Neil's teams. He wasn't the playmaker. He gave it to Parker or to Izzett to do that.

He has this habit of popping up all over the place and he really digs in for the team.

At long last Leicester has its very own Kantemole.

He completed 31 passes out of 40 attempted today. Considering he's a central defensive midfielder forced to play out wide in a position he's not comfortable in, I think his passing was more than good enough, and when you combine it with those defensive stats I think he was absolute quality today. It's not easy adapting to a un-natural position, let alone living in a new country and finding your place in a new club. He outshone both King and Drinkwater today and he's only gonna get better.

He's the perfect foil for Inler who is much more of a ball playing midfielder. With those 2 together we will be very dangerous and as I said earlier the sooner we get them together regularly the better.

I really like the lad, but he did give it away more than the other cm's and the stats back that up. Pass accuracy: Andy King 91.7%, Kante 77.5%.  Drinkwater was 78.6 and I thought he had a shocker when it came to his passing.

Of course that only tells half the story, Kante had much more influence on us getting back into the game. Passing wise he can be a bit sloppy.

I really like the lad, but he did give it away more than the other cm's and the stats back that up. Pass accuracy: Andy King 91.7%, Kante 77.5%. Drinkwater was 78.6 and I thought he had a shocker when it came to his passing.

Of course that only tells half the story, Kante had much more influence on us getting back into the game. Passing wise he can be a bit sloppy.

It does only tell half the story. Compare the kind of passes Kante was attempting to those of King and Drinkwater. It's easy to get a high pass completion when you're passing it 5 yards.

It does only tell half the story. Compare the kind of passes Kante was attempting to those of King and Drinkwater. It's easy to get a high pass completion when you're passing it 5 yards.

Well I watched the game and the passes he misplaced were quite often just loose and sloppy rather than trying the spectacular. Drinkwater out of all three was the one trying the more extravagant passes.... very badly.

You can manipulate stats however you want, simple question is based on yesterday does he get in ahead of  DD or King against Villa,.

The stats aren't manipulated, they are a fact to back up a point about his passing being loose. I've already made it clear I like him and that he had a greater influence than the other two second half.

Archived