Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Kante's stats for today

He's still very young, so I can somewhat forgive him the mistakes he's making in his first PL season. He's still got a lot to learn in terms of positioning, tactical awareness and passing, but he can develop into a highly classy central midfielder with time.

His energy, stamina, workrates and tackling are top-notch.

I can't see why not. King and Drinky didn't do enough today. If I was Ranieri, I'd use today's woeful 1st half as an opportunity to press the reset button.

Hopefully, we'll line up like this:

Schmeichel

Was/Benny   Huth    Morgan

Albrighton       Inler    Kante      Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy       Okazaki

This is our strongest team.

Well I watched the game and the passes he misplaced were quite often just lose and sloppy rather than trying the spectacular. Drinkwater out of all three was the one trying the more extravagant passes.... very badly.

Seems you watched a different player to most of us in this thread.

King was having trouble even getting to the ball and his passes were nearly all backwards. Drinky had a terrible first half but kept battling and had a decent second half. Kanté was a class above everyone else in midfield.

This is our strongest team.

I agree, we could have Dante by then too, would be awesome. Time to play Kante and Inler in the middle, especially Kante he has proven to be our best midfielder, always wins the ball and knows what he is doing with it. Never again do I want to see Vardy on his own upfront!

King was having trouble even getting to the ball and his passes were nearly all backwards. Drinky had a terrible first half but kept battling and had a decent second half. Kanté was a class above everyone else in midfield.

I thought Drinkwater was very poor, his distribution was very erratic and along with most of the team contributed to our inability to get into the match in the first half. I'd say he's part of the issue we have on the right side and suspect he'd be the one to make way for Inler as we look to be more composed.

I watched the same game as the person who creates the stats seemingly. His passes can be sloppy, if you want to ignore that fact it's entirely up to you. I formed the opinion throughout the game, one backed up by the stats. Again, you seem to be trying to misrepresent what I'm saying... I've said two or three times now he had greater influence than the others, and I'd have him in the team over them. But sometimes his passing is loose. Something I'd seen mentioned by journo's and Caen fans before he signed.

I'm not commenting again, because every time someone tries to defend him it's just making a bigger issue out of what was a minor floor in his game on the day. Completely outweighed by all the positive he did... but 'm not going to ignore it.

I can't see why not. King and Drinky didn't do enough today. If I was Ranieri, I'd use today's woeful 1st half as an opportunity to press the reset button.

Schmeichel

Was/Benny Huth Morgan

Albrighton Inler Kante Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

This... I just hope ranieri realises that this is the team/system needed for us to be solid whilst also giving mahrez the freedom he needs

If anything Kante would be replacing DD, and Inler will be replacing King. Kingy has been playing much deeper so I expect Inler to take that role eventually. DD and Kante in the middle would be strange as both like to get forward, who would hold?

Kante and King next match.. Bring Inler into the side against Stoke.

Tackling is what we bought him for. His job has to be to win the ball back and play it simple.

If we're playing him and Inler though I think we will have to play Mahrez behind the strikers as they will sit deep and we need a close link between the midfield and strikers.

Tackling is what we bought him for. His job has to be to win the ball back and play it simple.

If we're playing him and Inler though I think we will have to play Mahrez behind the strikers as they will sit deep and we need a close link between the midfield and strikers.

It is but did you not notice most of his tackles were upfield or near the edge of our own half. He's perfect for our high pressing game which is why I think Kante should, have the license to push upfield like DD does and have either King or Inler holding midfield.

Schmeichel

Was/Benny   Huth    Morgan

Albrighton       Inler    Kante      Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy       Okazaki

Agreed.

Though, I'm reluctant to write off King and Drinkwater. They were both very poor yesterday but played really well in their first 3 games.

Agreed.

Though, I'm reluctant to write off King and Drinkwater. They were both very poor yesterday but played really well in their first 3 games.

I think King and DD would be enough for the Villa game but Kante played too well to leave him out..

However I think its almost necessary Kante/Inler replace the pair against Stoke and Arsenal if we want to get anything from those games.

Perhaps Kante/Inler in home games we need to control.. King and DD in away games where we need a bit of graft.. Both partnerships have their pro's and con's.. will depend on the game imo.

I watched the same game as the person who creates the stats seemingly. His passes can be sloppy, if you want to ignore that fact it's entirely up to you. I formed the opinion throughout the game, one backed up by the stats. Again, you seem to be trying to misrepresent what I'm saying... I've said two or three times now he had greater influence than the others, and I'd have him in the team over them. But sometimes his passing is loose. Something I'd seen mentioned by journo's and Caen fans before he signed.

I'm not commenting again, because every time someone tries to defend him it's just making a bigger issue out of what was a minor floor in his game on the day. Completely outweighed by all the positive he did... but 'm not going to ignore it.

Babylon you come across as such an old woman sometimes.

The facts don't back up what you are saying.

They say he completed 31 passes and didn't complete 9. It doesn't say that his passes can be sloppy, it doesn't say he made 1 sloppy pass, it doesn't say what the reason those passes weren't completed.

And to compare it to King's "statistical facts" is funny. King was passing 5 yards backwards most of the time. I'd hope that all backward passes were completed in a game of football.

Easily our best player of the game and oozed class. I think him and Inler will help to form one of the best midfield partnerships in the league if Inler can handle the pressing game we play and keep up with other teams.

lol sloppy passes.. Kante was the only one from the midfield 3 trying to make forward passes. Kante was far superior than DD and King that match, including passing as with his passes he actually tried to create something. How many through balls did DD pull off? Kante was the one that found Vardy for the goal aswell.

Lets be honest here from the small cameos and match yesterday it is already clear Kante is a better player than DD and King. I know its difficult as both DD and King have played so well for us over the years. But if we want to progress - we need to play our best players.

How is he at playing a more disciplined role? You can't really have a ball winner chasing everything in a 2-man midfield, it will leave you too exposed. It's more ideal alongside a holding midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 that you see a lot these days.

How is he at playing a more disciplined role? You can't really have a ball winner chasing everything in a 2-man midfield, it will leave you too exposed. It's more ideal alongside a holding midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 that you see a lot these days.

Could be argued thats how we could set up, with okakazi in the middle of the front 3. Okakazi is basically playing more of a CAM role than a striker anyway.

Babylon you come across as such an old woman sometimes.

The facts don't back up what you are saying.

They say he completed 31 passes and didn't complete 9. It doesn't say that his passes can be sloppy, it doesn't say he made 1 sloppy pass, it doesn't say what the reason those passes weren't completed.

And to compare it to King's "statistical facts" is funny. King was passing 5 yards backwards most of the time. I'd hope that all backward passes were completed in a game of football.

Easily our best player of the game and oozed class. I think him and Inler will help to form one of the best midfield partnerships in the league if Inler can handle the pressing game we play and keep up with other teams.

If you spend some time on the 442 stat zone it shows that King made 10/10 passes backward and 19/22 fowards. Drinkwater 14/15 passes backwards and 13/20 forward. Kante 17/18 passes backwards and 9/15 forwards.

So the 'statistical facts' are indeed very funny as weirdly King made the fewest passes backwards and most passes forwards.

Archived