Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

The guys has had 1 very poor performance vs Villa, and had 2 penalty's saved, not missed.

For all the good that he has done this season, I think that it's an odd reaction to be giving him any hassle abut his contributions this season.

To be honest, as much as I rate his ability as an attacking threat, he hasn't done enough all season defensively to be a reliable wide midfielder. We need to find a role for him, with less defensive responsibility rather than worry about his penalty's.

I agree with what your saying but that is the biggest load of tosh ever, he has done more than enough defensively you always see him tracking back, putting in tackles while still smashing in plenty of goals and assisting the majority of goals we have scored, yes he had a poor performance at Villa but so did half of the team.

I agree with you that maybe we could look at bringing him in more central like 2nd half against Villa he had a lot more of the ball but lets not tarnish his defensive abilities as he has done more than required.

Everyone keeps blasting Marhez about the 2 points dropped but Claudio has to take the blame imo for bring on De leat.

Good!

weller54 in knee-jerk reaction shocker move. lol

Just because he's had a handful of bad games in succession doesn't automatically make him a bad player. He needs to regain his earlier form and get the summer transfer window out of his head for now.

A healthy dose of focus, that's all.

I agree with what your saying but that is the biggest load of tosh ever, he has done more than enough defensively you always see him tracking back, putting in tackles while still smashing in plenty of goals and assisting the majority of goals we have scored, yes he had a poor performance at Villa but so did half of the team.

I agree with you that maybe we could look at bringing him in more central like 2nd half against Villa he had a lot more of the ball but lets not tarnish his defensive abilities as he has done more than required.

Everyone keeps blasting Marhez about the 2 points dropped but Claudio has to take the blame imo for bring on De leat.

Albrighton is far better at tracking his fullback than Mahrez. I assume that Claudio sees this and decided that we needed to stop this happening vs Villa. BTW, it happens every game.

Mahrez is lazy at tracking his man. You see different? Good for you, but for me Mahrez is the weak link in our defensive set up, especially as the game gets past 60 minutes.

I was surprised that we were going with 2 right backs, but given what Claudio has achieved so far, who are we to question?

I've no doubt that Mahrez is a great player. I think he has the potential to be one of the best in the world, if not the best.

His drop in form could be down to many different factors, including frustration at being fouled/doubled up on all the time, not enjoying the colder weather, becoming a father, fatigue, having his eye on a transfer, etc. If it's anything but the latter, then great, we can get the best out of him again eventually. If he does want to move on, then we really have no choice but to sell. All you can do in that situation is get the biggest fee you can and look for the best replacement you can get.

It's sad, really, but it is very likely to happen when a club this size is doing this well. I'm just hoping his head hasn't been turned and that we can get him back in form for us again.

I know its easier said than done, but if we could add another player with similar capabilities down the other wing I think this would solve the problem of teams doubling up on Mahrez as we'd be able to stretch teams by switching play quickly. That then stops teams committing a centre half or central midfielder close to their full back as it'd leave holes elsewhere for us to exploit. Unfortunately as it stands with us not having that option we're quite one dimensional and therefore easy to nullify when teams with equal quality deploy a system designed to stop Mahrez having any time and space on the ball.

:wub:

Thank **** Claudio hasn't lost all sense of perspective and reasoning. 

Yes, the Villa game wasn't pretty and we should have done better but sometimes that's just the way it goes.

It's been a long, busy and tiring festive period and NOBODY - no other team has excelled particularly well, or consistently, over this period. 

We're second in the PL FFS, some people would do well to remember where we've come from and to give the boys a little slack when we have a bad performance.

The way some of you lot are chatting on is embarrassing. 

To be honest, as much as I rate his ability as an attacking threat, he hasn't done enough all season defensively to be a reliable wide midfielder. We need to find a role for him, with less defensive responsibility rather than worry about his penalty's.

I'd actually disagree with that.

This season, more so than last, i have seen him tracking back and tackling/ trying to win back posession...

weller54 in knee-jerk reaction shocker move. lol

Just because he's had a handful of bad games in succession doesn't automatically make him a bad player. He needs to regain his earlier form and get the summer transfer window out of his head for now.

A healthy dose of focus, that's all.

Not at all..

If a 30m bid came in we should cash in!

Get Carillo in and pocket the 20m balance!

...Sorry but Mahrez's attitude in recent weeks and hilighted for all to see against Villa was disgusting.

While his stock is high I just think we should take the money! (if that level of bid came in of course).

Not at all..

If a 30m bid came in we should cash in!

Get Carillo in and pocket the 20m balance!

...Sorry but Mahrez's attitude in recent weeks and hilighted for all to see against Villa was disgusting.

While his stock is high I just think we should take the money! (if that level of bid came in of course).

How's it his attitude? He's just had a couple of average performance and one poor performance. He obviously wanted to redeem himself after missing the Bournemouth one. He didn't. Get him off penalties, and now let's get behind him and get him back to how he can be rather than moaning.

Albrighton is far better at tracking his fullback than Mahrez. I assume that Claudio sees this and decided that we needed to stop this happening vs Villa. BTW, it happens every game.

Mahrez is lazy at tracking his man. You see different? Good for you, but for me Mahrez is the weak link in our defensive set up, especially as the game gets past 60 minutes.

I was surprised that we were going with 2 right backs, but given what Claudio has achieved so far, who are we to question?

Rubbish mate, you always see him tracking back and not just down the wing either coming into the centre and making some clinical tackles okay he is not as good as Albrighton at defending/tracking back but what the hell has Albrighton produced (end product)? no where near as much as Marhez.

Granted Claudio has achieved wonders and his subs have been spot on every game bar the Villa match where I think he has got it tottally wrong.

Rubbish mate, you always see him tracking back and not just down the wing either coming into the centre and making some clinical tackles okay he is not as good as Albrighton at defending/tracking back but what the hell has Albrighton produced (end product)? no where near as much as Marhez.

Granted Claudio has achieved wonders and his subs have been spot on every game bar the Villa match where I think he has got it tottally wrong.

Agree on your assessment of Albrighton.

YAYYYYYYY Everybody dance and celebrate we'll see when will the next pen comes and how it will go. As if in football u get a pen every week ppl making it huge doom and gloom issue!

Do you support Leicester City or just Riyad Mahrez ? We are not all having a pop at RM, some of us just think it would be better to let someone else take the pens. That would probably be better for LCFC AND Riyad as he is a confidence player and at the moment that confidence looks a little low.

Do you support Leicester City or just Riyad Mahrez ? We are not all having a pop at RM, some of us just think it would be better to let someone else take the pens. That would probably be better for LCFC AND Riyad as he is a confidence player and at the moment that confidence looks a little low.

I will guess he is an Algerian his handle name is a very strange animal that lives in North Africa

You can't buy it in Fenwicks and it ain't a fox !

Archived