Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

aaaand that is why you play him. he did nothing really of any note all game but hold the ball up once, beat his man once and play a great ball through once and we scored.

odd that he's gone so quiet in the last month. could well be to do with the internationals putting him out of sync. hopefully back on it asap, especially with no vardy next week.

His decision making is often criticised and sometimes rightly so, but the patience he showed today for the goal and giving it to Kante not Okazaki was a very smart move.

His decision making is often criticised and sometimes rightly so, but the patience he showed today for the goal and giving it to Kante not Okazaki was a very smart move.

him "going quiet" does seem to be him being reluctant to go past a man so often. seems to want to have space but not go past a man to get space and ends up going inside or backwards quite a bit. sometimes it's good sometimes it's bad. for our opener today it was great play, the whole team and ground was urging him on with the momentum of a break to just put his head down and run. very calm to take his man, look up and play a great pass. ngolo an vardy obviously do the business. the pfa three all doing their bit.

I wouldn't be too aggrieved if Mahrez was given a rest next Sunday with Gray starting and Mahrez coming on second half for Gray or Albrighton.

He'll be fresher then and perhaps a lot more efficient over 30 minutes than starting the game.

But I expect him to start and rightly so given his 16 goals plus numerous assists.

I wouldn't be too aggrieved if Mahrez was given a rest next Sunday with Gray starting and Mahrez coming on second half for Gray or Albrighton.

He'll be fresher then and perhaps a lot more efficient over 30 minutes than starting the game.

But I expect him to start and rightly so given his 16 goals plus numerous assists.

we're going to be without vardy for one of the biggest games in our history and your masterplan would be to then drop mahrez too..?

Steady, I was lynched when I suggested that last week.

we're going to be without vardy for one of the biggest games in our history and your masterplan would be to then drop mahrez too..?

Yes it took me years to produce such a masterplan.

Ranieri has dropped him to the bench before. Would I drop him? Its not my choice my friend.

Yes it took me years to produce such a masterplan.

Ranieri has dropped him to the bench before. Would I drop him? Its not my choice my friend.

That was for an early season game that didn't mean much though - this is really a bit of a must win game; dropping the player most likely to win it for us is madness.

Hope he isn't doing a knockaert.

It was weird under Pearson because he would sign wingers who would be absolutely amazing for a year or so and then end up awful because they ended up being coached too much on defensive work.

There was one moment of brilliance where he seemed to flick it twice (?!?!), it all happened so fast on the touchline it was hard to tell what he did, but that was brilliant.

Wasn't really a game for him to shine though tbh, it was very rough and tumble, in your face stuff, which he shys away from most of the time.

I'd expect better next week against Swansea who won't be in our, or his, faces as much.

The pass to Kante aside, I thought Mahrez again looked bang average today.

And has done for a few games now.

He keeps running into blind alleys recently.

That said, he's been a revelation.

You forgot to mention you were in Jamaica lol  when you back mate?

I don't think it's unfair to say he's been poor by his own standards the last 3 games.

This really isn't a time where we can afford him to go missing - big players make it count at big moments so come on Riyad, this run in is made for you!

Archived