Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

FFS Support our club - support our manager

I am gobsmacked reading through the forums today across a variety of threads at how after one below par performance, AWAY in the premier league against a club with an excellent home record where we actually came away with a point, at the amount of people who have been desperate to bash the keyboard the first time Ranieri makes the slightest tinker and our performance drops (apparently as a direct result of the change).

FFS get real ! He made one change to the starting line up and 1 change to the bench! He put 3 in  centre midfield away from home against a club known to have a serious attacking threat following games where we have struggled to have reasonable possession. 

It's not the change I would have made but it was a tactical decision to try to increase possession and mitigate the opposition threat. Ranieri has been at the club for a matter of weeks, is so far unbeaten, is still learning about the team, and tries a formation adopted by some of the most successful clubs in the world and the anti-Ranieri squad is born.

It is like people have been desperate for a poor performance so that they can use Ranieri's self titled 'Tinkerman' reputation against him. So he rests one player and brings in a guy who committed the most tackles in europe last year to try to bolster the midfield. He rewards a guy in the youth team for his hard work and effort showing the rest of the academy there IS a path to the 1st team if you show the right skills and attitude. A guy that must be so full of confidence this week, why not give him a chance.

Give Ranieri some credit for the way he has gone about things so far and the results with very little change so far and give him a chance FFS

I am gobsmacked reading through the forums today across a variety of threads at how after one below par performance, AWAY in the premier league against a club with an excellent home record where we actually came away with a point, at the amount of people who have been desperate to bash the keyboard the first time Ranieri makes the slightest tinker and our performance drops (apparently as a direct result of the change).

FFS get real ! He made one change to the starting line up and 1 change to the bench! He put 3 in  centre midfield away from home against a club known to have a serious attacking threat following games where we have struggled to have reasonable possession. 

It's not the change I would have made but it was a tactical decision to try to increase possession and mitigate the opposition threat. Ranieri has been at the club for a matter of weeks, is so far unbeaten, is still learning about the team, and tries a formation adopted by some of the most successful clubs in the world and the anti-Ranieri squad is born.

It is like people have been desperate for a poor performance so that they can use Ranieri's self titled 'Tinkerman' reputation against him. So he rests one player and brings in a guy who committed the most tackles in europe last year to try to bolster the midfield. He rewards a guy in the youth team for his hard work and effort showing the rest of the academy there IS a path to the 1st team if you show the right skills and attitude. A guy that must be so full of confidence this week, why not give him a chance.

Give Ranieri some credit for the way he has gone about things so far and the results with very little change so far and give him a chance FFS

.... but he is is not Nigel Pearson; is he? :pearson:

I like Ranieri. He seems fairly level headed. But, I just hope he takes on board that the setup he chose yesterday didn't work for us. Vardy needs service and support to do what he does best, and isolating him alone upfront will not achieve that. Okazaki offers a lot more than people realise. Da Laet is off the pace at the minute and the defence looks very shakey. I honestly do believe Wasyl needs to come back into the squad. He was solid for us last season and I don't really understand what he has done wrong to lose his place in the squad. Same with Krammy - he should atleast be making the bench and getting some gametime ahead of Doodoo. Would be a great shame to lose him.

The point is, fans pay their money and are entitled to an opinion/criticise constructively when they don't agree. Just because I don't agree with some of his tactics yesterday, doesn't mean I don't back him. I wish him every success. To me the exaggeration and over-reaction usually comes from the people moaning about others moaning. Get off your high horse. Its a forum, we are entitled to our opinions. 

I wanted to see how we got on with 3 in central midfield and I don't think we should give up on it.

As I also want 2 up front then that means 3 at the back.

I would also play Kante, Inler and one other.

yip 3-5-2 is my alternative formation of preference when not 4-4-2 with Mahrez in the hole. The most successful teams of recent years have had someone with quality in an advanced midfield role and Mahrez is perfect for that role. 

I'm convinced we'd have been better off starting with Okazaki. I thought that before the game too. I didn't understand why he why he changed something that was working - he got it wrong IMO. Now that doesn't mean that I don't support him, it just means I think he got it wrong. From reading this forum I think that sentence applies to most people who hold a somewhat negative opinion of yesterday's game.

I like Ranieri. He seems fairly level headed. But, I just hope he takes on board that the setup he chose yesterday didn't work for us. Vardy needs service and support to do what he does best, and isolating him alone upfront will not achieve that. Okazaki offers a lot more than people realise. Da Laet is off the pace at the minute and the defence looks very shakey. I honestly do believe Wasyl needs to come back into the squad. He was solid for us last season and I don't really understand what he has done wrong to lose his place in the squad. Same with Krammy - he should atleast be making the bench and getting some gametime ahead of Doodoo. Would be a great shame to lose him.

The point is, fans pay their money and are entitled to an opinion/criticise constructively when they don't agree. Just because I don't agree with some of his tactics yesterday, doesn't mean I don't back him. I wish him every success. To me the exaggeration and over-reaction usually comes from the people moaning about others moaning. Get off your high horse. Its a forum, we are entitled to our opinions. 

your reasoned thinking is not what i'm attacking. I'm not on a high horse, I just get a bit fed up of knee jerkers and tbf it's not just on here - it's all over facebook and twitter too. I'm attacking those that have been waiting for their moment to be negative and have attacked the changes made yesterday in a fashion that suggests Ranieri is clueless or the anti-christ in waiting , not those that have well considered views and disagree with decisions made and want to air their views in a constructive manner. 

Nobody is critcising him so far, he just got the gameplan wrong. There's nothing wrong with saying that, there's a difference between supporting him and blindly accepting every decision as gospel.

He's been compared to Peter Taylor, we've been told he's dismantled the team and our style amongst other things... Because of pretty much half a game. Credit has been given to Pearson for any good result this season, where apparently Ranieri is to blame if we don't win.

The reaction by some has been a joke. If you think 4-5-1 was a mistake there is no problem with that. But don't make out he's clueless when he changed it for the better at half time.

That's a positive that he isn't too stubborn to change.

Nobody is critcising him so far, he just got the gameplan wrong. There's nothing wrong with saying that, there's a difference between supporting him and blindly accepting every decision as gospel.

He's been compared to Peter Taylor, we've been told he's dismantled the team and our style amongst other things... Because of pretty much half a game. Credit has been given to Pearson for any good result this season, where apparently Ranieri is to blame if we don't win.

The reaction by some has been a joke. If you think 4-5-1 was a mistake there is no problem with that. But don't make out he's clueless when he changed it for the better at half time.

He got it wrong yesterday but no need to panic. Would like him to give the 3-5-2 a go as I think it suits our players both individually and as a unit. Despite scoring the threat of Vardy is nullified as a lone striker and he's too important to us for that. Also think Albrighton and Schlupp get more joy as wing backs. Also means we can bring another centre back in which was so effective with Wes,Was and Huth last season.

And i'm not blindly accepting every decision he makes so don't go there ffs.

But many people are criticising him in a manner that suggests this is what they expected, it's par for the course with him, he's a tinkerman that changes things needlessly  when in actual fact, he tried something quite common in this league for the right reasons and it didn't come off.

Had we played the usual X1 4-4-2, we may have suffered a similar fate. who knows -  It may have just been a case of too many players not performing, the high pressure pressing by the oppo, or just the fact that the system doesn't suit us etc etc. He is still learning about the team he has and will make many mistakes this season.

By who? in fairness I've barely seen much of the feedback on here, but the general jist I've gotten is that the system was wrong for the type of game it was going to be.

Not in some people's eyes. There's people who doubtless support Vardy but he'll start to struggle like so many in the past if he doesn't get the support to compliment his abilities. Football teams need balance and there's no balance to a team with one up front.

In case people have forgotten, the basic idea of football is to use all means possible to score some goals, so giving yourselves chance to win games.

At Leicester this season one goal isn't usually enough because even our suddenly overloaded defence still concedes at least once a game. That means we need to work towards scoring two goals or more per game unless you put barricades up as additional backing for Kasper.

And we're not likely to score two goals or more with some poor sod running his heart out up front with no friends in sight. Especially when it's hot.  

We seemed to have figured all this out once - and with singular success - so why dig up the allotment and start afresh? Why not improve what already works? 

Even Manchester United fans are screaming out for two up front.

But no. We're so scared of losing we leave a striker on the sidelines who had a double-figure haul of goals last season when playing in a mostly struggling side.

Why? Presumably because our defensive selections aren't good enough to play successfully without reinforcements. There's an answer to that. And if we've no second attacker who's deemed good enough to help Vardy then it's high time there was.

Last season's end of campaign strategy had us effectively defending and attacking as a team.

Waves of City players would drive forward once we got possession leaving only the three mean-minded musketeers at the back, save for set-pieces.

That's all gone now. We just defend as a team and attack in isolation, illogically inviting more pressure on the defence. Only Vardy and occasional "guests" do any attacking.

Remember the Spurs game when Vardy charged down the right flank and sent a low cross fizzing across the Spurs goalmouth. There should have been all sorts trying to get on the end of it but it was lonely as a station in the early hours which summed up our whole new attitude.

When we lose the ball everyone defends. But when we've got the ball there's only two or three players stay involved beyond the halfway line.

Vardy is never in a million years a '1'

Ulloa knows where the net is, defensively helps out and he's an outlet who can play others in when we're countering

Formation didn't really stick

**With each passing game our tempo seems to have dipped**... I'm actually concerned by this

Remember though, blindly happy clap!!!

2pts/g not to be sniffed at though, even if the teams have been much easier than last season's opening games

Pearson was allowed his time mucking around with the diamond 4-4-2 and the 5-4-1 and I'm sure CR will twig quicker than NP when something isn't working.

Didnt we play the diamond 4 for about 5 games and lose them all as well?

People are desperate for the owners to regret sacking nigel.

Much as I loathe a lot of what of gets written here, I defend peoples' right to say whatever they want about football, be it here, Twitter or anywhere else.

Much like television, I have the option of turning it off if it gets up my nose, as it often does.

Would definitely rather have Nige at the helm. Don't mind Claudio he's a nice bloke but Nige just had that thing about him that made him easy to love, he was like James T Kirk he had his flaws but I'd run into hell and back for him.

Sort of my feelings on it too. Ranieri has my full backing and he's made a good start and said all of the right things.

I think Pearson is probably the more motivational of the two and CR is every owners dream manager in the way he conducts himself. Only time will tell but I think he'll do alright here and then it'll be passed on to a younger manager

Archived