Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

FFS Support our club - support our manager

Probably the same mongrels who abused a fellow city fan ( a middle aged woman) for the whole of the first half at Bournemouth. At one point went to assault her!

Yeah, because that's the whole story there, and her morally perfect boyfriend was totally innocent of all things, and she kept her mouth shut at all times didn't she?

Making her out to be some kind of timid creature  lol trouble just miraculously follows her, doesn't it?

What would it be like if we weren't 3rd in the table. Like people say it is a forum and everybody has their own opinion. Like it or not Nigel Pearson has gone and Claudio Ranieri has replaced him and seems to be on a hiding to nothing with some. The first half was poor a disallowed goal and an injury to Mahrez didn't help but we needed to change and we did, we got a point away from home against a very hungry newly promoted team coming from a big win at West Ham.

The manager has only been here a few weeks and we still haven't had the transfer window close yet so I still have little reason not to be impressed with how things have been carried on from the end of last season. We had plenty of games at the start of last season when we didn't get it right, we probably didn't get it right till March so a poor first half against Bournemouth hardly warrants all the concern. The squad is much stronger than last year and the likes of Inler and Kante have not found their feet yet.

The main problem is a sizeable proportion of our fans are twats. This message board is also an accurate reflection of that fact.

Exactly, 'fan' behind us yesterday (I've hardly missed a game for 18 years and never seen him) was going mad about how shit we were but could hardly name a player and had the tactical nouse of a 3 year old, not sure how he got at ticket.

Sort of my feelings on it too. Ranieri has my full backing and he's made a good start and said all of the right things.

I think Pearson is probably the more motivational of the two and CR is every owners dream manager in the way he conducts himself. Only time will tell but I think he'll do alright here and then it'll be passed on to a younger manager

Nah mate don't think you understand I'd do anything for Nigel Pearson to walk through that tunnel and have a massive go at the nearest hack in arms reach it causes me emotional pain that he's gone

I'm realised surprised we haven't adopted the 3-4-1-2 that we finished last season with, especially as Claudio admitted that he watched us play last season. Would allow us to counter at pace with the wing backs and lose our weak link (De Laet) and get support to Vardy and allow Mahrez to play in a free role.

We battered Sunderland, but other than that we have scarcely been the better team in the other 3 games and the side seems a little unbalanced with a 4-4-2/4-5-1.

Not in some people's eyes. There's people who doubtless support Vardy but he'll start to struggle like so many in the past if he doesn't get the support to compliment his abilities. Football teams need balance and there's no balance to a team with one up front.

In case people have forgotten, the basic idea of football is to use all means possible to score some goals, so giving yourselves chance to win games.

At Leicester this season one goal isn't usually enough because even our suddenly overloaded defence still concedes at least once a game. That means we need to work towards scoring two goals or more per game unless you put barricades up as additional backing for Kasper.

And we're not likely to score two goals or more with some poor sod running his heart out up front with no friends in sight. Especially when it's hot.

We seemed to have figured all this out once - and with singular success - so why dig up the allotment and start afresh? Why not improve what already works?

Even Manchester United fans are screaming out for two up front.

But no. We're so scared of losing we leave a striker on the sidelines who had a double-figure haul of goals last season when playing in a mostly struggling side.

Why? Presumably because our defensive selections aren't good enough to play successfully without reinforcements. There's an answer to that. And if we've no second attacker who's deemed good enough to help Vardy then it's high time there was.

Last season's end of campaign strategy had us effectively defending and attacking as a team.

Waves of City players would drive forward once we got possession leaving only the three mean-minded musketeers at the back, save for set-pieces.

That's all gone now. We just defend as a team and attack in isolation, illogically inviting more pressure on the defence. Only Vardy and occasional "guests" do any attacking.

Remember the Spurs game when Vardy charged down the right flank and sent a low cross fizzing across the Spurs goalmouth. There should have been all sorts trying to get on the end of it but it was lonely as a station in the early hours which summed up our whole new attitude.

When we lose the ball everyone defends. But when we've got the ball there's only two or three players stay involved beyond the halfway line.

We weren't as good as you remember last season and you seem to have reached conclusions about ranieri's reign based on one half a football. A massive OTT negative reaction to an unbeaten start to the season.

Didnt we play the diamond 4 for about 5 games and lose them all as well?

People are desperate for the owners to regret sacking nigel.

That diamond experiment was the worst display of ineptitude I've ever seen from a Leicester manager. I get headaches just thinking about those horrible performances.

Stupid thread. Is anyone saying sack him?  Don't think so.

But people are questioning what was undoubtedly a tactically inept display. So don't defend him for that.

Get real, people will always criticise the manager when it's warranted. There's no need to overreact like a child.

And anyone who thinks that the line up we started with yesterday is worth persevering with knows nothing about football. It was dreadful and rightly changed at half time. And there was no excuse for it in the first place.

Jut accept that. If you can't see the tactics were poor, you're an idiot. Just don't bother.

Not in some people's eyes. There's people who doubtless support Vardy but he'll start to struggle like so many in the past if he doesn't get the support to compliment his abilities. Football teams need balance and there's no balance to a team with one up front.

In case people have forgotten, the basic idea of football is to use all means possible to score some goals, so giving yourselves chance to win games.

At Leicester this season one goal isn't usually enough because even our suddenly overloaded defence still concedes at least once a game. That means we need to work towards scoring two goals or more per game unless you put barricades up as additional backing for Kasper.

And we're not likely to score two goals or more with some poor sod running his heart out up front with no friends in sight. Especially when it's hot.  

We seemed to have figured all this out once - and with singular success - so why dig up the allotment and start afresh? Why not improve what already works? 

Even Manchester United fans are screaming out for two up front.

But no. We're so scared of losing we leave a striker on the sidelines who had a double-figure haul of goals last season when playing in a mostly struggling side.

Why? Presumably because our defensive selections aren't good enough to play successfully without reinforcements. There's an answer to that. And if we've no second attacker who's deemed good enough to help Vardy then it's high time there was.

Last season's end of campaign strategy had us effectively defending and attacking as a team.

Waves of City players would drive forward once we got possession leaving only the three mean-minded musketeers at the back, save for set-pieces.

That's all gone now. We just defend as a team and attack in isolation, illogically inviting more pressure on the defence. Only Vardy and occasional "guests" do any attacking.

Remember the Spurs game when Vardy charged down the right flank and sent a low cross fizzing across the Spurs goalmouth. There should have been all sorts trying to get on the end of it but it was lonely as a station in the early hours which summed up our whole new attitude.

When we lose the ball everyone defends. But when we've got the ball there's only two or three players stay involved beyond the halfway line.

Could you let me know how our "new attitude" differs from the attitude we had back end of last season in away games? Because Burnley was no different, or Sunderland, or most of the West Brom game (praise Allah for Vardy). Spurs game it's ludicrous to take anything from due to the conditions which simply isn't right for an up and at'em style.

I'm not claiming to be that astute tactically.  I've watched a fair few games over 25 years but the real intricacies are probably beyond me and most others who haven't played the game professionally.

But...I never really expected us to continue with 4-4-2.  I've been at the home games and saw the WHU game on a stream, I didn't see the Bournmouth game because I was heading up the M-5.  In every game there has been a period where we have been under severe pressure.  For me, it was because we only had 2 in midfield and when the opposition had a good period in a game, they started to over-run us.  Against Sunderland, Spurs and West Ham Ranieri turned the tide by adding a 3rd central midfielder. Therefore my thinking is/was that it might be better to start with 3 in midfield.

If we play Vardy upfront on his own, then it relies on midfielders and wide players to get forwards and support.  For some reason it doesn't seem like this happened against Bournmouth in the first half.  The most worrying thought on my mind about it is that it was because Mahrez was below par due to injury.  This is so worrying because it is not good to be so reliant on one player.  But as I say, I didn't see the game so can't really comment.

The point I am long-windedly making is that I understand why Ranieri changed a winning formation and team.  While 4-4-2 allowed us to start very well, it wasn't a formation which saw us through to the end of a game.

It's no use picking out "moments" to nullify an argument.

When Leicester hammered Sunderland we played some of the most exciting and exhilarating football I've seen from City in my life. Fast one-touch football from one end of the field to another. Thrilling moves, shots from all angles and goals galore.

What's more we kept it up for the best part of an hour with most of our team moving to and fro in unison and so providing all the backing needed to sustain pressure when the chance arose.

It was as if the manager had simply said to the players "Go out and play - show me the best you can be".

Since then and those four goals that might have been eight or nine, we've scored two goals against West Ham, one against Spurs plus a penalty against Bournemouth.

And in each of those games there has been such rigid organisation and such a reduced commitment to attack that - in the case of Spurs and Bournemouth in the first half, the worthwhile shots virtually disappeared altogether along with the collective back up.

I don't claim that the success at the end of last season was perfect and, again, it's no use pretending that I do. But after much ado - and constant pleading by some - we finally found the will to try to win games and show some attitude when attacking.

With the matches against Spurs and Bournemouth this season I'm not convinced we had that attitude at all. It seemed to me that we set up to not get beaten and there's a vast difference. 

Win, win has been followed by draw, draw and I'm not surprised given our reducing commitment to attacking until we're a goal down - in exactly the same way as it was with Pearson at various times.

Perhaps you can explain why we choose to become so inhibited as to voluntarily concede space and initiative. Sometimes we have no choice - I understand that f the opposition are much stronger or perhaps hit a purple patch that has us reeling.

But against Spurs and the first half at Bournemouth our problems were largely self inflicted. Why?

Didn't we show enough negativity with the approach that saw us drift to the foot of the table last season without reverting to more of the same?

It's not entirely about that tactic of conceding space and potentially inviting trouble.

It's about the number of players we quickly commit to attack when we do get the ball.   

Because that, to me, it what's been lost.  

We weren't as good as you remember last season and you seem to have reached conclusions about ranieri's reign based on one half a football. A massive OTT negative reaction to an unbeaten start to the season.

I've not at all reached conclusions about Ranieri beyond the Bournemouth game and will praise him to the hilt if he masterminds a top performance against Villa just as I praised Pearson when he deserved it.

I simply believe there are ways of doing things and tactics that produce a handful of worthwhile attacks in a game aren't part of that philosophy.  

Fundamentally I was delighted we got Ranieri - the bloke's got a lot to commend him - but you won't get me condoning any excuse for negative football.   

The simple fact is you can not judge someone over 4 games, and if you are i like what i am seeing anyway apart from feeling we are need to build our defence (which was inherited from pearson), so get the **** over it and get behind the club.

Yeah, because that's the whole story there, and her morally perfect boyfriend was totally innocent of all things, and she kept her mouth shut at all times didn't she?

Making her out to be some kind of timid creature lol trouble just miraculously follows her, doesn't it?

I'm guessing by your reaction your one of them bullies. If so expect the club to be in contact. End of the day if fans sit or stand where there ticket tells them to then there would be no argument . Regardless of how the woman reacted or raised her voice a group of men should not verbally attack and try to physically attack any woman

You sound like the sort who'd never stop building our defence. I'm sure that, given the chance, the entire UK would have a wall round it. I'll tell you the best defence. It's to get the ball and play with it at the other end.

Tell that to the teams us and palace constantly sucker punch on the counter attack. We have low possession like them because our style is and has been to concede possession and hit on the break.

There was an article this weekend by Damny Higginbottom that talked about the new style of play in the premier and it described our home and away performances pretty closely if you ask me.

When at home we start like a train and try to get ahead early so that we can play on the counter. Away we sit back and try and frustrate the home team, quiet the crowd and again try and pick them off.

Our style this season has been no different to the end of last season barring the Spurs game. Which you constantly ignore the elements not suiting us playing like that.

If in other home games we continue to do the same then fair enough, but you can't say that yet.

Spurs are a team who could quite easily have thrashed us and Bournmouth were dangerous because they were on the crest of a wave after beating West Ham and were likely to go for it.  We were likely to spend time defending in both these games.  In fact, I would say you would expect us to be defending against West Ham away but for the first half at least, we very much took the game to the home side.

So, whether sitting back is a deliberate tactic or brought about by the opposition will be proven against Villa at home.  Leicester will buck the home advantage trend this year due to our vociferous crowd, therefore I expect us to have a go at Villa.  If we don't then our tactics have changed.

So we will have to wait and see.

Spurs are a team who could quite easily have thrashed us and Bournmouth were dangerous because they were on the crest of a wave after beating West Ham and were likely to go for it. We were likely to spend time defending in both these games. In fact, I would say you would expect us to be defending against West Ham away but for the first half at least, we very much took the game to the home side.

So, whether sitting back is a deliberate tactic or brought about by the opposition will be proven against Villa at home. Leicester will buck the home advantage trend this year due to our vociferous crowd, therefore I expect us to have a go at Villa. If we don't then our tactics have changed.

Very true

I do however feel that we should play our game first and foremost instead of trying to nullify our opponents. I think if we play our high pace, high tempo game it gives the other team a lot to think about and makes them struggle to get any real rythm going

Spurs are a team who could quite easily have thrashed us and Bournmouth were dangerous because they were on the crest of a wave after beating West Ham and were likely to go for it. We were likely to spend time defending in both these games. In fact, I would say you would expect us to be defending against West Ham away but for the first half at least, we very much took the game to the home side.

So, whether sitting back is a deliberate tactic or brought about by the opposition will be proven against Villa at home. Leicester will buck the home advantage trend this year due to our vociferous crowd, therefore I expect us to have a go at Villa. If we don't then our tactics have changed.

I'd go a bit further than that, it will take half a dozen games to get an idea at home. Villa could easily rock up have a brilliant game and best us, it's the premier league any team is capable of that. So the judgement should come further down the line.

What I will say also though is anyone expecting us to keep up the tempo in which we played at home back end of last season just isn't being realistic. I don't think that's physically possible without having a large top quality squad.

Those energy levels are just not going to be there all the time. Especially when we're so short on wide men who are usually key to our game.

Archived