Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

We're actually well school in what we do collectively when defending.

We're like big cats hunting as a group.

We have a basic set up then seek to isolate anyone who's the victim of a slightly misguided pass or a bad first touch.

Then one player closes him but doesn't commit unless success seems certain. He waits while a hidden defender - often coming from a more attacking area, homes in and either pinches the ball himself or creates the panic that forces further error from the victim.

The key is in waiting for those bad touches and slowing attackers til there's cover for any tackler.

Another aspect is the way we swarm over the victim once he's been isolated. It's fierce but controlled and very effective.

And Kante is immense in these cameos because he's so quick, has such a low centre of gravity and just won't be shaken off.

If I had to give him a mark for his season so far it would be a 10. Not because he's never had a less than brilliant game, but because of his extraordinary level of consistency and that on coming into a new club and settling into a new country. He ran onto the pitch and looked like he belonged from the off. I really couldn't speak more highly of him.

Perfectly illustrated in the build up to Vardy's first goal the other night. 

Don't get the argument Kante>Cambiasso.  2 completely different players really.  Are we better this year than last? Obviously a yes, but we don't know how Esteban would have been this year and we never will know.  If Kante had Cambiasso's vision and passing ability then Kante would be miles ahead.  If Cambiasso had Kante's engine and ability to run then Cambiasso would be better.

I will agree though with the way that we are playing, then Kante fits with us better right now.

Perfectly illustrated in the build up to Vardy's first goal the other night. 

Don't get the argument Kante>Cambiasso.  2 completely different players really.  Are we better this year than last? Obviously a yes, but we don't know how Esteban would have been this year and we never will know.  If Kante had Cambiasso's vision and passing ability then Kante would be miles ahead.  If Cambiasso had Kante's engine and ability to run then Cambiasso would be better.

I will agree though with the way that we are playing, then Kante fits with us better right now.

Indeed. As for the Kante/Cambiasso debate I'm not involved and became something of a Cambiasso convert. At first I was concerned about his ability/willingness to track runners but in the end his class won me over. He saw the pictures so early and passed the ball so swiftly and so deftly he gradually impressed himself on others and served as something of an inspiration to them and confidence seemed to grow unchecked. As you say he and Kante are completely diferent players and, for me, I'm just proud and privileged to have seen both in a City shirt.

Col seriously blaming cambiasso for our defence last season? We conceded plenty when kante was in at the start of the season - it stopped when we took schlupp away from left back, as it did when we moved schlupp further forward around april last season - while the difference is more tactical, if you want to blame a single player, surely it's the player the changes are most linked to?

Good tackler

Excellent at interceptions

Reads the game well

Intelligent footballer

Tactically sound.

Consistent

Efficient

Bossed the midfield today, yet again, like he's being doing most of the season.

I love this man.

10 years ago we had Andy Johnson and Stephen Hughes as our centre midfielders.

Kante is actually out of this world compared to most midfielders in the league, let alone the sort of shite we had to endure between 2004-2008. Amazing.

10 years ago we had Andy Johnson and Stephen Hughes as our centre midfielders.

Kante is actually out of this world compared to most midfielders in the league, let alone the sort of shite we had to endure between 2004-2008. Amazing.

And Jason Jarrett.

I get a headache thinking about the utter shite we had back then.

I agree, this guy is just superb and we absolutely CANNOT let him go any where in the summer.He is the pivot of the whole side. I also think Danny has stepped up and is finally showing us just how good he is. His energy this year is a huge improvement. CR has certainly brought the best out of him !

I'll be uncontrollably angry if we sell anybody at all, off the pitch is the real reason for our success with the spirit etc, sell even a shit player and should be be a big part of the team off the field the balance could be disturbed. I'd refuse any amount of money for any of our players, our squad is priceless and these big teams don't know how to deal with our strength of belief. Watching our lads makes it plain to see they're all very good friends, they play for each other, not the title or for their wages, just for the team.

What a player he is. Chances are Vardy and Marhrez will be nominated for PFA Player of the year, and rightly so, but for me Kante is our player of the year, and that really is something, given how outstanding Vardy and Mahrez have been.

In fact Drinky isn`t far behind either.

In truth you can go through the whole team, and they have been fantastic, i feel truly blessed that i`ve been able to watch this side.

Archived