Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

Kante's immense. He plays with a smile and tackles with a snarl. But more than that he can pass the ball too - quickly and accurately. I don't know what's happened to our passing since the Sunderland game. Ranieri referred to it and said it's no use us trying to old the ball - we have to move it forward quickly. It surprised me. Times I've seen us pass the ball well and even brilliantly (including against Sunderland). Today there were so many players trying to play Hoddle balls.

Think of our pre-match warm-ups. All the emphasis is on the small game situation where players pass the ball a maximum of 10 yards with one or two touches at most. There's not a 30-40-yard pass to be seen and in all recent seasons I've hardly seen a single player who's seemed capable of doing that.

It used to be commonplace. Davie Gibson could literally land a lofted pass onto a matchbox. Time and again. What's more he could spin in into a running player so it gathered into his feet.    

Today we didn't seem to have a single player who could pass the ball even 30 yards with any weight or accuracy but lots of players seemed to be trying and Stoke were picking them off like apples at harvest time.

Moving forward quickly isn't all about a single pass - it's about whatever accurate passes it takes and as I've said before, giving the ball away for nothing is the cardinal sin of Premiership football - or any level of football to be honest because it spoils chances, costs energy and gives opportunity to the opposition.  .    .

Of course we don't make it easier by taking our best and fastest passer out of the team and somehow expecting others to go against their nature, Kante excepted and Drinkwater starting to threaten.

The sooner we harness those three as the fulcrum of our team the better. .   

• 2 weeks later...

Kante: I Feel Welcome At City

Posted: Sat 03 Oct 2015 
Author: Leicester City

It is hard to ignore the unquestionable spirit within the Leicester City ranks given their excellent results so far this season.
- Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kanté says his team-mates have helped him settle at the Club 
- Kanté reveals just how intense Barclays Premier League football is 
- The Foxes face Norwich City at Carrow Road on Saturday 

It is hard to ignore the unquestionable spirit within the Leicester City ranks given their excellent results so far this season. 

The seven victories in nine Barclays Premier League games at the end of 2014/15 was labelled as the greatest ever escape from relegation. 

City have carried that momentum into the new campaign having lost just once in nine games in all competitions – that coming in the form of a defeat to Arsenal last weekend. 

Impressive throughout that run has been midfielder N’Golo Kanté, who has played in all nine of City’s fixtures this campaign. 

The combative central midfielder joined the Club in the summer from French outfit Caen. Still currently adjusting to life in England’s top flight, it has been the characters within the Leicester squad that have helped ‘NG’ find his feet in new surroundings, according to the Frenchman. 

He said: “Slowly but surely I am getting used to being here. I don’t know everyone and I don’t know the city that well but I am finding my way around and I know where I am going now. 

“I have been going out and meeting people, so I am happy here. The players have made me feel really welcome as well.” 

Kanté has earned praise from many for his adaptive displays, having played out wide as well as in the centre of the pitch under manager Claudio Ranieri so far this season. 

Assessing his start this term, Kanté added: “I think my game suits the Premier League, but it is a big step up and it is really hard work. There are no easy matches. 

“I didn’t realise how intense it was. It wasn’t something I expected until I played. I realise now it is a really good level and all the teams have really good players. I knew you have to fight really hard to win a game. 

“I realise I still have a long way to go and there is plenty of room for improvement to become a Premier League player.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/kante-i-feel-welcome-at-city-2723767.aspx#Erz6bb17rRSI7AJj.99

One of my fav players so far this season.

Been a massive signing for us this year (glad we waited on our offer unlike what most was saying on here)

His hard work has definitely gone a little under the radar so far due to the Vardy and Mahrez Impact but he has been just as vital and just as hard working.

More of the same from Kante. He shows a similar kind of steely determination and work rate to Vardy so he just massively endears himself to me even more each game. Looks a fantastic bit of business on his current showings.

Said it before, say it again. He could end up at a barca or real madrid. That good.

Anyone have the stats for tackles won in the prem? He must be up there and he's only just settling in

Before this match he had a tackle every 13.1 (or maybe 14.1) minutes, which was better than anyone else who started more than 1 game.

Archived