Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

i believe we could get messi and ronaldo but they wouldnt be as consistently brilliant as this guy has.

its quite easy what he does (gets his body in the way, stays on his feet, sticks a leg or a foot in) but he never stops AND has the pace and ball control to set up attacks too

i really love him i think id even let it pass if he left to "better" himself at spurs.

I've ran out of superlatives to describe the kid. What amazes me is how many tackles he makes and the amount of time he 'nicks' the ball off the opposition without conceding free kicks and yellow cards. There's a real art to what he does and I'm wracking my brain for a similar player I've seen over the last 40 years. A real 'one off' and we're so blessed to have him. I fear the big boys will be queuing up to sign him so we must bite the bullet and break the bank to get him on a long term contract. He's worth every penny.

Today summed up why he, and not Mahrez, should be player of the year.

Don't get me wrong, Mahrez has got us out of plenty of sticky situations this season and scored some critical goals but he's too erratic - 10/10 for two weeks and then 4/10 for the next couple. He's a fantastic player to watch and we will miss him when he's gone.

But Kante is 8/10+ every single week. It's taken a long time for me to come round to thinking that he's the number 1 player in what has been an extraordinary team effort but his sheer consistency is unparalleled - it's hard to remember a central midfield player being this good, this consistently since Keane and Vieira were in their pomp.

The more poor games Mahrez has like today and last week, the more I think Kante should get player of the year. That's if Vardy doesn't score a handful more as well though, but he is so important to our success. I do wonder where we would be without him. Incredible player. He could play for Real Madrid and not look out of place.

If Kante had Drinkwater's passing ability he would be the best midfielder in the world.

He must be in the top 10 at the moment.

I wouldn't swap him for anybody.

You 'think?'

I think you're mental if you aren't sure about it Dan lol

I'm dead picky about 'world class' though and generally will only use it to describe probably the best 10/15 players in the world. If he maintains this kind of form, which I see absolutely nothing to suggest he won't, I think he'll be classed in that category. He's incredible. Best player I've seen at Leicester. I think Mahrez is sensational but in terms of doing their job Kante's level is even higher for me.

I'm dead picky about 'world class' though and generally will only use it to describe probably the best 10/15 players in the world. If he maintains this kind of form, which I see absolutely nothing to suggest he won't, I think he'll be classed in that category. He's incredible. Best player I've seen at Leicester. I think Mahrez is sensational but in terms of doing their job Kante's level is even higher for me.

I think he's already in the top 10-15 players in the world.

Possibly/probably the best player ever to play for Leicester.

If I had the magic power to make 1 LCFC player stay at the club, it would be Kante.

Wouldn't want any of them to go, and some others would be hard to replace, but he's pretty much irreplaceable.

We'd have to rejig the midfield as a whole, if he left, as I don't think there's another player who could do what he does.

Other midfielders can do other things better than him (shooting, passing etc.), but his anticipation and ball recovery is unprecedented. Movement with the ball not far behind.

At least 1 more season, N'Golo.....if you have to go to Barca or somewhere after that, so be it.  :thumbup:

Today summed up why he, and not Mahrez, should be player of the year.

Don't get me wrong, Mahrez has got us out of plenty of sticky situations this season and scored some critical goals but he's too erratic - 10/10 for two weeks and then 4/10 for the next couple. He's a fantastic player to watch and we will miss him when he's gone.

But Kante is 8/10+ every single week. It's taken a long time for me to come round to thinking that he's the number 1 player in what has been an extraordinary team effort but his sheer consistency is unparalleled - it's hard to remember a central midfield player being this good, this consistently since Keane and Vieira were in their pomp.

welcome aboard mate, we've been here a while

i am pretty serious.yeah he is one of the best in the league,but truth should be told - no passing ability 

I can't be bothered to put together a load of clips but trust me, you are wrong. He has made some great passes this season. Long ones or short intricate ones too.

People consider Drinkwater our best passer but even he has misplaced a load of passes. Kante defintely has passing ability.

I can't be bothered to put together a load of clips but trust me, you are wrong. He has made some great passes this season. Long ones or short intricate ones too.

People consider Drinkwater our best passer but even he has misplaced a load of passes. Kante defintely has passing ability.

here is the thing - he has much more chances to create something special than any other player.just because he is great back at defence,great at running and he gets  ball frequently than others.sure i have seen good passes,but i have seen awful passes too an also a lot moments when it was obvious that a just odinary pass to vardy or mahrez would do good,but he couldnt see the obvious  

I think they are equally sensational, but Kante's more consistently sensational..

if that makes sense

here is the thing - he has much more chances to create something special than any other player.just because he is great back at defence,great at running and he gets  ball frequently than others.sure i have seen good passes,but i have seen awful passes too an also a lot moments when it was obvious that a just odinary pass to vardy or mahrez would do good,but he couldnt see the obvious  

Have to agree to disagree. I see him winning the ball and making simple (forward) passes all the time. He has misplaced a few passes but so do the best. I have seen him spray long passes to feet or hit neat through balls. An area he can improve but definitely not a weakness in my eyes. Only area he falls down in, if you were to be hyper critical, is his shooting, as he rarely seems to get a clean strike or hit it with any venom. 

Archived