Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

One year ago today.

Couldn't get a ticket for that day but this is probably the only time I can say I'm glad I wasn't there.

Met up with my dad and went to the pub a couple of villages away (won't say which one as their method of acquiring the game isn't strictly kosher). Pub was full City fans as usual, but we happened to bump into a mate of mine who was a Man Utd fan - I've known him for about 25 years since we were kids but we've become more acquantances you see every now and then or hear about through other people. (He was always very smug about supporting Man Utd - particularly when they beat us - he's just a bit of nob in general really)

So we ended up sitting together watching this match, and he was being polite but a bit patronising about City, particularly when they went 3-1 up (deservedly so).

Then we won that penalty - he was silenced.

Then Cambiasso scored - he was completely stunned.

And then Vardy scored THAT goal - and I wish I could have remembered his reaction but the pandemonium in the pub was just fvcking immense! Drinks flying everywhere, chairs flying backwards, tables knocked over - everyone was screaming and shouting and celebrating through sheer jubilation and utter disbelief at what we were witnessing.

My mate spent the rest of the game humbled into absolute silence. (I'll never forget that, particularly after holding a grudge since his celebrations on opening day of the season 1997. Git.)

I'd honeslty never seen anything like it. Totally unforgettable. On a personal level I'd had quite a crushing bereavement a few weeks before after a very long terminal illness - I was probably at my lowest ebb at this point but that game had me smiling for weeks. (My grandad had altzheimers so I got to show him the highlights quite a few times - I'll always remember his smile each time, genuine unique joy everytime he saw it! As a sidenote he passed away on the 2nd April, 2 days before we started this amazing run - City have certainly helped me this last year!)

If there's one thing I've learnt about being a Leicester fan it's that it's a bloody rollercoaster supporting them - there may be crushing lows along the way but they're worth it to get the most incredible highs.

Up the City!

Beautiful post mate.

Wow! Never thought of that! That's awesome.

http://youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

Do you remember the 21st night of September?

Love was changing the minds of pretenders

While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing

In the key that our souls were singing.

As we danced in the night,

Remember how the stars stole the night away

Ba de ya, say do you remember

Ba de ya, dancing in September

Ba de ya, never was a cloudy day

Ba de ya de ya de ya

Ba de ya de ya de ya

Ba de ya de ya de ya de ya

My thoughts are with you

Holding hands with your heart to see you

Only blue talk and love,

Remember how we knew love was here to stay

Now December found the love that we shared in September.

Only blue talk and love,

Remember the true love we share today

Ba de ya, golden dreams were shinny days

Love bells was ringing

Our souls were singing

Do you remember, never a cloudy day

Ba de ya, golden dreams were shinny days

Ba de ya de ya de ya

Ba de ya de ya de ya

Ba de ya de ya de ya

Ba de ya de ya de ya

Someone call the club - this so needs to be played when we play them at home :)

Fantastic post spaceman. Love it. It's nuts how much our club means to us all. Nuts, but honest, raw, passionate and emotional. And for many of us it links us to our parents and our kids in a unique way.

Thanks for sharing

No worries - turned out longer than I imagined!

You're right about the unique link with our parents - my entire generation at school were all glory hunters so I've only ever gone to the football with my Dad, and I honestly wouldn't change this for the world. (Especially seeing as even now I'm in my 30s he still insists on paying for tickets!!)

Words can't even begin to describe the scenes when Cambiasso equalised, just bodies everywhere. Seemed as if no one really knew what to do when Vardy put us ahead.

I remember then 'Leicester Reds' flag in the United end as well, was beautiful seeing that disappear as the 5th went in.

When De Laet put Vardy ahead free for the fourth I thought to myself "go on, son. You deserve it more than anyone else." And when he put it away, I just stood there at the kop and put my hands out wide and looked to the heavens as if I asked to be crucified whilst everyone around me turned into monkeys. Was an awesome moment.

Beautiful afternoon wasn't it. 

I had Man U fan next to me during the game. Nice guy to be fair but pompous, posh and very smug and kept saying stuff like 'Leicester are a plucky side but quality will shine through' and 'the speed and brilliance of this United attack would beat the best teams football has ever seen'. That sort of thing. 

When Di Maria scored that goal he was very smug. 'That's the quality. Right there, that's the Mnachester United way'. And the best line after that goal was, 'It must be a pleasure for you to watch this United team after years of lower league football'. 

Well ....... Can you begin to imagine my wild celebrations when Leicester scored a 'typical Man United' goal for the fourth! I am in his face saying 'that's the quality my friend. THAT is the quality'. And my best line 'we are really showing you guys how Manchester United USED to play'. When the penalty went in for the 5th he promptly rose from his seat, wished me good day and left. 

Can't remember many better days than that. 

Beautiful afternoon wasn't it. 

I had Man U fan next to me during the game. Nice guy to be fair but pompous, posh and very smug and kept saying stuff like 'Leicester are a plucky side but quality will shine through' and 'the speed and brilliance of this United attack would beat the best teams football has ever seen'. That sort of thing. 

When Di Maria scored that goal he was very smug. 'That's the quality. Right there, that's the Mnachester United way'. And the best line after that goal was, 'It must be a pleasure for you to watch this United team after years of lower league football'. 

Well ....... Can you begin to imagine my wild celebrations when Leicester scored a 'typical Man United' goal for the fourth! I am in his face saying 'that's the quality my friend. THAT is the quality'. And my best line 'we are really showing you guys how Manchester United USED to play'. When the penalty went in for the 5th he promptly rose from his seat, wished me good day and left. 

Can't remember many better days than that. 

Similar to me. My brother had to work and let one of his friends use his ticket who was a Man Utd fan. He was a sound lad and we were saying that Man U should win. Once they went 3-1 up i turned to him and said its damage limitation now. He was saying that Man U attack would beat anybody in the world.

Then comes the comeback and he is gobsmacked. He never said another word lol

A united friend of mine invited me round to watch it at his house. He's from brazil and the last game we watched prior to that was brazil v germany in the world cup.

...he doesn't invite me round anymore  :D

I was living in Kettering at the time. Watched it in a pub full of United fans and one other bloke supporting Leicester.

By the time the 5th went in, me and the other bloke were hugging and dancing on the pool table.

The United fans just sat their silently in utter disbelief.

Apart from one, he was shouting what bullshit it was and smashing up a chair!

Don't think I was sober for the next week!

watched this on the computer with my dad, he went shop at the start of the second half and missed us pulling it back to 3-3 lol. Remember going totally apeshit in the kitchen when Cambiasso scored, had my mum and sister looking at me like i'd shat on their cornflakes. dad made it back from the shop to see vardy and ulloa finish them off aswell, remember we were still both shitting ourselves whem they put 6 minutes of extra time up. hugged for the first time in god knows how many years when the whistle went lol. absolutely mental day even sat watching it at home on a shitty stream.

weird how people at the game say that the scenes after the Cambiasso goal were madder than Vardy's, felt the same for me too. amazing day

watched this on the computer with my dad, he went shop at the start of the second half and missed us pulling it back to 3-3 lol. Remember going totally apeshit in the kitchen when Cambiasso scored, had my mum and sister looking at me like i'd shat on their cornflakes. dad made it back from the shop to see vardy and ulloa finish them off aswell, remember we were still both shitting ourselves whem they put 6 minutes of extra time up. hugged for the first time in god knows how many years when the whistle went lol. absolutely mental day even sat watching it at home on a shitty stream.

weird how people at the game say that the scenes after the Cambiasso goal were madder than Vardy's, felt the same for me too. amazing day

This is why you can never, ever miss a part of a football match - back during the World Cup last year the Showcase screened every match for free - me and my dad went along to watch the Brazil - Germany semi-final. Some poor bugger a few seats below went to the toilet just as Germany's 2nd goal went in and when he came back it was 5-0!

i watched it in the pub, there was a couple of united fans there, teasing me about the score, saying they had bets on 4-0 to man u, etc, the faces on them by the end were absolute quality. i left soon after , aware of my obvious smugness

Couldn't get a ticket for that day but this is probably the only time I can say I'm glad I wasn't there.

Met up with my dad and went to the pub a couple of villages away (won't say which one as their method of acquiring the game isn't strictly kosher). Pub was full City fans as usual, but we happened to bump into a mate of mine who was a Man Utd fan - I've known him for about 25 years since we were kids but we've become more acquantances you see every now and then or hear about through other people. (He was always very smug about supporting Man Utd - particularly when they beat us - he's just a bit of nob in general really)

So we ended up sitting together watching this match, and he was being polite but a bit patronising about City, particularly when they went 3-1 up (deservedly so).

And then Vardy scored THAT goal - and I wish I could have remembered his reaction but the pandemonium in the pub was just fvcking immense! Drinks flying everywhere, chairs flying backwards, tables knocked over - everyone was screaming and shouting and celebrating through sheer jubilation and utter disbelief at what we were witnessing.

My mate spent the rest of the game humbled into absolute silence. (I'll never forget that, particularly after holding a grudge since his celebrations on opening day of the season 1997. Git.)

I'd honeslty never seen anything like it. Totally unforgettable. On a personal level I'd had quite a crushing bereavement a few weeks before after a very long terminal illness - I was probably at my lowest ebb at this point but that game had me smiling for weeks. (My grandad had altzheimers so I got to show him the highlights quite a few times - I'll always remember his smile each time, genuine unique joy everytime he saw it! As a sidenote he passed away on the 2nd April, 2 days before we started this amazing run - City have certainly helped me this last year!)

If there's one thing I've learnt about being a Leicester fan it's that it's a bloody rollercoaster supporting them - there may be crushing lows along the way but they're worth it to get the most incredible highs. I doubt many supporters of the 'big' clubs truly would understand this. I honestly feel deeply privileged and proud to support Leicester City

Up the City!

Great story mate. People focus on the negatives of football but the unbridled joy it can bring and light it can shine on life during the dark times often gets ignored. 

facebook has thrown up a great comparison, this was 5 years ago today 

34688_442781224641_4377631_n.jpg?oh=dfef

Maybe my lowest ebb as a Leicester fan, we'd just had a great 09/10 season and it looked as if we had completely pissed it all up the wall. The Portsmouth shambles was depressing. 

Maybe my lowest ebb as a Leicester fan, we'd just had a great 09/10 season and it looked as if we had completely pissed it all up the wall. The Portsmouth shambles was depressing. 

i remember thinking (and maybe even seeing a few on here say) how shit are we even nugent scored past us! 

good times 

If there's one thing I've learnt about being a Leicester fan it's that it's a bloody rollercoaster supporting them - there may be crushing lows along the way but they're worth it to get the most incredible highs. I doubt many supporters of the 'big' clubs truly would understand this. I honestly feel deeply privileged and proud to support Leicester City

Up the City!

Quality post mate

Archived