Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Always Next Year

Rodgers Sacked By Liverpool - Klopp to the Kop 3 years

Will be interesting to see how Chelsea react. If they are planning on losing Jose, they will probably do it now before the likes of Klopp get snapped up.

This will leave them thinking, Ancelotti was at Chelsea so can't see him going back there. Leaving Klopp as the only world class option available right now. The only problem is that Klopp is such an a eccentric he wouldn't go to a club with solid foundations in place, Chelsea have that already, Liverpool don't and he would see that as a better challenge for him to be the first to left the PL title with Liverpool...

Liverpool went on one hell of a run with Suarez/ Sturridge/ Sterling and Rodgers started to believe his own reputation as some kind of encyclopedic tactical genius, and forgot you need good players. Made some extremely odd team and tactical selections last year and the signings have been hit and miss.

Liverpool went on one hell of a run with Suarez/ Sturridge/ Sterling and Rodgers started to believe his own reputation as some kind of encyclopedic tactical genius, and forgot you need good players. Made some extremely odd team and tactical selections last year and the signings have been hit and miss.

Sturridge was out injured I give him that... but he didn't replace Sterling or Suarez with any quality and the money was there... just awful management

Sturridge was out injured I give him that... but he didn't replace Sterling or Suarez with any quality and the money was there... just awful management

Like I said, he believed in himself and his 'philosophy' too much. Big mistake.

How much say did he really have in signings though? Not much as i understand it.

Im sure if it is like the European system and modern football today he would have been able to draw a shortlist using the scouting available... meaning he will identify which players he wants and needs and prioritise that list for each position. Be surprised if he had not much influence, if that isn't the case and he had minimal say they will find it hard to appoint a top manager

how are they underfiring? Rodgers has had them finishing exactly where they should be bar their miraculous title challenge

The size of the club? A club like Liverpool should be challenging for titles - same applies to Arsenal who haven't won it for years either.

But football isn't played on past glories or reputation. 

How the hell are you supposed to replace Suarez? players like that dont grow on trees.

Yes, he has struggled, but its not without circumstance, he took the club over at a low ebb and has lost all his key players through sales and injuries.

Archived