Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Has a team ever been relegated after 15 points from 8 games?

When it comes to Leicester i'm still a glass half empty kind of guy. Anyone know if a team has been relegated after scoring 15 points or more from the first 8 games in the Premier League? 

I wouldn't have thought so but I just checking on a precedent.

HANSA Rostock stormed the Bundesliga, I believe they were top 3 for 7-9 games, then collapsed, and were relegated.

After playing some great football, winning easy in a game, strolling in fact, then lost in spectacular fashion in the last 15 minutes, then took a massive nosedive.

Bochum had a great run in before New year, playing good football hanging around top 6, then collapsed after some major

injuries then were relegated.

Problem is I have forgot which years they were.

HANSA Rostock stormed the Bundesliga, I believe they were top 3 for 7-9 games, then collapsed, and were relegated.

After playing some great football, winning easy in a game, strolling in fact, then lost in spectacular fashion in the last 15 minutes, then took a massive nosedive.

Bochum had a great run in before New year, playing good football hanging around top 6, then collapsed after some major

injuries then were relegated.

Problem is I have forgot which years they were.

Bochum love a good collapse in the league.

We could still go on a run like we did last year, but I just can't see it, lose 3 or 4 in a row at some point in the season, sure could well happen but no wins in 13? Think you'd have to be seriously pessimistic to even consider such a thing to happen. BUT even if it did, given the absolute atrociousness of the current bottom 3 I think we'd still not be bottom of the league and probably right around 2 or 3 teams if we somehow had 15-19 points come Christmas.

Guest Mee-9

We'll be the first. 

Ranieri will leave and we'll have Brian Laws guiding the ship back to the Prem next year. 

Like one of the earlier posters, I'm not even contemplating Relegation right now. Think we have progressed past that and should be aiming for a top half finish now. No delusions about Champions league  ;) but I'm not 100% ruling out us nabbing a Europa spot whether through the league or cup. 

Get in a quality keeper and right back in Jan and we are good to go.

First time for everything.

I'm still keeping the attitude that we're in a relegation battle. If Bournemouth, Sunderland, etc lose then I am happy.

These are the results I look for each weekend, I'm glad when they lose as I feel it aids our bid to stay up.

It'll be a nice feeling when one day I can start to look for the results of higher quality teams thinking they are the main rivals.

But how boring was it in the Championship when we weren't near the play offs yet we weren't gonna get relegated? Literally no care in the world about any other teams results. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anything is possible while the stats allow it but our focus should be on maintaining and improving standards. If we're fifth now we should be looking to stay there or move upwards. There's no need for negativity. We're fifth on merit and I'd even say we gave Arsenal a much better fight than Manchester United did for all that we can doubtless do still better next time we play The Gunners.

We did well during the last quarter of last season with a team of Premiership rookies and have a stronger squad now. What matters is the next game and the further development of what is already looking like an increasingly useful group of footballers.

I remember Millwall one year in the championship, possibly the year O'Neil took us up. They were top at Christmas and we were fighting it out in the top 2, they ended up going down that year after failing to win in the second half of the season.

The fact that you can now get 28/1 on us going down shows that relegation even 8 games in is quite unlikely.  We probably only need half a dozen wins in the last 30 coupled with half a dozen draws to be safe.

Did I dream that we were favourites to be relegated back in August or were we?

If so those odds show that the bookies reckon we won't be, also I'm sure they started paying out last season before we actually survived at Sunderland, rarely are they wrong.

I'll still be happier when we're past the 40 points mark though.

Did I dream that we were favourites to be relegated back in August or were we?

If so those odds show that the bookies reckon we won't be, also I'm sure they started paying out last season before we actually survived at Sunderland, rarely are they wrong.

I'll still be happier when we're past the 40 points mark though.

We were never favourites to be relegated . We began the season 5th favs. In a group with s'land, villa, Newcastle, the teams that came up all more likely to be relegated.

Archived