Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Mid life crisis

Well I'm bit a young for the red Ferrari or anything like that but I'm fed up with my life as it is, especially in work!

I get paid well for what I do which makes leaving tough unless I can move up, but that's easier said than done, even though I've got qualifications and additional experience so I can move up.

Seriously thinking of just jacking it in and moving abroad, Canada I fancy, any else moved there? What's everyone else's midlife crisis consist off?

So you did walk in on someone being raped and then go round to get fed and then fed some more?

If the stuff about your Mrs leaving you, quitting your job and doing no end of the white stuff is true then I feel for you. Personally I thought (think) you're a class A (how apt) WUM

Shut up tince, you admitted you lied, and it was quite clear you were just attention seeking.

Now you may have been through a hard time, but gettin attention from a football forum isn't going to make that better, go and speak to your GP or a counsellor or something!

And Wymsey, what the **** does that mean?

Thread ruined before it's even started!

So you did walk in on someone being raped and then go round to get fed and then fed some more?

If the stuff about your Mrs leaving you, quitting your job and doing no end of the white stuff is true then I feel for you. Personally I thought (think) you're a class A (how apt) WUM

that was all true apart from me giving the victim one, she did cook me a lovely dinner though

Shut up tince, you admitted you lied, and it was quite clear you were just attention seeking.

Now you may have been through a hard time, but gettin attention from a football forum isn't going to make that better, go and speak to your GP or a counsellor or something!

And Wymsey, what the **** does that mean?

Thread ruined before it's even started!

I'm currently seeing a counsellor

Sorry for derailing it Rob.

I always think if you aren't happy then change.

Be happy first and foremost, that goes for anything.

Don't live a lie

Problem is I love my job, it's my manager that's the issue! But it's been a while now so looking to change for my sanity! There's a few jobs I'm looking at currently, but Canada could be a real option if there's no change by Christmas!

Guest seanfox778

Go to Canada, just don't think about any consequences. Pack up and go as soon as, everything will work out fine.

Different lifestyle here in canada then england. Pub life and night life is not like that in england. You wont like that part of it (if it matters to you).

Basically have to drive everywhere and snow will make you reconsider lol.

But more space here. Less cramped. Seems cleaner. Food is better in england I find.

Change your job first. If that fails come on over and enjoy some hockey and tim hortons

Well I'm bit a young for the red Ferrari or anything like that but I'm fed up with my life as it is, especially in work!

I get paid well for what I do which makes leaving tough unless I can move up, but that's easier said than done, even though I've got qualifications and additional experience so I can move up.

Seriously thinking of just jacking it in and moving abroad, Canada I fancy, any else moved there? What's everyone else's midlife crisis consist off?

You dont owe anyone anything, if you arent happy then make a change.

Its easy for us all to be sucked into the conventional way of life and then when we begin to see it differently, we think its our problem, that we arent right....and that thinking is wrong, (IMO)

Just because "society" says this is the way it should be, does not make it so.... if you not happy doing the 9-5  for forty years, retiring and then flopping about on the pension then dont do it. As long as you arent hurting others, live the life you want to live, try Canada, work in a lower paying job if it allows you more time to do what you want. pack up and wander the planet for a year

At 47 years old...after 40 years in Oz we decided to return to the UK, planned a 5-10 year stay, sold almost everything and moved back in 2010.... realised by Feb 2011 that it wasnt going to work out for us, quit the job, used the savings to travel for 6 months and then returned to Oz. Sure it cost us a lot in financial terms, but we have had experiences that will always be worth more than $.

What worked for us, was and is, to realise that there in no point in having regrets, the decisions we made were the right ones at the time. We dont harm others, but we dont allow them to dictate our lives.

Fvck what everyone esle thinks (excluding loved ones, who for me, feelings must be taken into account) life is short, live it your way.

What everyone else thinks is right or normal.. doesnt have to be that way for you.

I'm very fond of the sabbatical. I try to take two or three months off every couple of years to see the world. I see it as a good compromise between my vagabond dreams and my practical responsibilities. It takes sacrifice (mainly material/financial) but it's well worth it.

Most people I talk to about this tell me that they wish they could do the same, and most of them could, but when it comes to making sacrifices to their material wealth, they're paralysed by fear driven by society's expectations - a terrible fate.

I must admit Rob I feel largely the same about my job and circumstances at the moment.

Thought about moving abroad several times and jacking my job in. I think ultimately it's just the change in career direction that I need the most (plus me and my other half have more commitments here now)

I've started to make changes to my work pattern to allow me more time to pursue other things whether that's starting a company myself (which I'm considering) or just doing stuff I love doing and just doing that has improved my outlook a lot.

It may just be a step in the direction that I want to head but probably a positive one even it takes a while.

Horses for courses obviously but as people have said do what makes you happy.

This thread is relevant to my interests. I'm going to have a monster of a mid life crisis, big motorbike, a sports car, an affair with a young mistress, attempt to get my band back together for a tour (yes, we were called Foregone Conclusion), go to music festivals dressed in the same gear as the teenagers and pretend to feel cool while all the time knowing I look like a tit, career change into something that pays less but quickly becomes just as unsatisfying, I might even start writing a novel. Not sure whether to try to avoid it or just embrace the thing.

Different lifestyle here in canada then england. Pub life and night life is not like that in england. You wont like that part of it (if it matters to you).

Basically have to drive everywhere and snow will make you reconsider lol.

But more space here. Less cramped. Seems cleaner. Food is better in england I find.

Change your job first. If that fails come on over and enjoy some hockey and tim hortons

How did you find getting a VISA over there? It looks a ball ache to be honest, its definitely something that wouldn't stop me, but i'd be interested in how you found it?

How did you find getting a VISA over there? It looks a ball ache to be honest, its definitely something that wouldn't stop me, but i'd be interested in how you found it?

I was looking at Australia spouse visas (my Wife is from Aus) and it currently takes 10-14 months.  Nuts.  Anyway the message is start now!

I was looking at Australia spouse visas (my Wife is from Aus) and it currently takes 10-14 months.  Nuts.  Anyway the message is start now!

I know it takes a while - Step 1 for a Canadian VISA is to have an IElts test so they no you can speak English! So thats on my to do list before Xmas!

I know it takes a while - Step 1 for a Canadian VISA is to have an IElts test so they no you can speak English! So thats on my to do list before Xmas!

I'd do a bit of revising if I were you.

Archived