Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

2016 in Music

Had no idea until yesterday that Weezer had released another album on Friday but I've enjoyed most of it to be honest, nice mix of the classic Weezer Power-Pop and slightly heavier, darker stuff, seems to get better halfway through in my opinion.

Favourite track is Do You Wanna Get High, very similar to Say It Ain't So if not slightly heavier, which is one of my favourite Weezer tracks.

Can't work out what I think of the last shadow puppets album.

Uninspiring? 

I think it's fantastic, I liked their first effort but this one has a lot more about it for me. Massive fan, feels a lot less like a side project and something proper now.

Pattern, Miracle Aligner and Sweet Dreams, TN are bloody great.

Just a heads up The last shadow puppets are playing de montfort.  I haven't been to a gig in a couple of months thought about going but seeing the manics at de montfort kinda put me off seeing live music there....maybe I need to exorcise that ghost but will probably wait for a band I really dig.

The Range's new album is absolutely stunning as well, what a great month or so for music it's been.

Gave this a listen on your recommendation, enjoyed it a lot. Ended up listening right through to the first album a few times as well.

Enjoyed it a lot more than M83's album I have to say.

• 3 weeks later...

Radiohead are rumoured to be releasing a new album soon but in the last 24 hours the content on their website, twitter & facebook accounts has all been deleted. They're known for unusual album releases but we'll have to wait and see. Either that or Thom Yorke has had a breakdown. 

Anyway, big Radiohead fan here so bring it on.

Radiohead just released their 9th album online, A Moon Shaped Pool. Didn't think this weekend could get any better.

Got the album two days ago, but didn't give it a proper listen up until yesterday on the way back home from work.

Seems less "experimental" this time, with more emphasis on dreamy harmonies and delivering beautifully crafted music.

They've got themselves a winner here - I like the new output very much.

Enjoying TLSP new album, seeing them at De Montford next week which is exciting.

Can't wait for Catfish & Bottlemen's new album tomorrow, hope it's as good as the first.

Archived