Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Stone Roses

After the Pixies got back together, I always hoped Stone Roses would be the one band not to chase the buck and leave it as it was. Although the Second Coming tour kind of ruined it anyway.

Probably my favourite band when I was 17 / 18, and still my favourite album of all time. But one of those groups that makes more sense when you're that age.

The intro to "I wanna be adored" is just great. 

Christ yes.

Digging out the vinyl right now....

It's hard to understate how bad most of the baggy, 'Madchester' stuff was and just how amazing the Roses and Mondays were.

Not one for reunions. What's the point. The best thing about bands that have come and gone - The Smiths, The Jam etc - is that they will always have something over us. "What if they did get back together etc". Just leave the legacy as it is.

Not that I'm a massive Stone Roses fan. I've got their greatest hits but that's it.

Really hope they don't do another album if they do come back to tour. Bands like Stone Roses really do need to be left to be remembered.

If it's ruining your legacy to gain a quick buck, then you don't deserve it.

Pixies have almost ruined their legacy for the hardcore fans because their recent material has been garbage. Same applies to any artist who have 'reunited' for money rather than creativity. The only bands worthy reuniting, are those whose audiences have actually grown since disbanding, and those who intend to be creative.

Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus & Mary Chain; that's how you reunite.

80 quid a ticket I've heard...even hardened roses fans will be put off by that

17-year-old instagram awayday banterfootylads who wear £700 coats to mid-summer gigs and look at you funny if you step on their brand new Spezials won't be though.

Archived