Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Stone Roses

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very Dad rock. Sounds like a Seahorses B-Side.

Roses screwed themselves with the first album really. If you release the greatest debut of all time, everything else is going to be monumentally meh in comparison.

I'm just grateful they've released a new track at last, would be a shame to have them peddling out just the old classics and charging top whack.

They are my favourite band of all time and I do like the new single, is it better than their previous? Not really, is it better than most of todays efforts? Definitely. Take it for what it is.

Haven't heard it yet but seen mixed views on it.

Always thought the Stone Roses are average though. First album was brilliant but that's about it for me.

I saw them (or what was left of them) at Reading 1996, when I was 16, and there were grown people crying. There was some annoying kid next to me saying 'he's just trying to look like Liam Gallagher'. He wasn't trying to look like Liam Gallagher but they were without question appalling.

But I thought Ian Brown redeemed himself by making some good experimental music while John Squire ended up in The Seahorses. Hearing the new song, which is decent enough but a bit Dad-rocky for my taste, I'd recommend people buy 'Music of the Spheres' ahead of this. It could easily, in the context of the right album, be a good track, but I prefer the Damon Albarn approach of becoming weirder as you get older to the 'come on boys, we can still rock n roll' approach. Which is what this is.

All for one, one for all

If we all join hands, we'll make a wall

All for one, one for all

All for one, one for all

Inside of me, for I to see

In harmony, all designed to be

The mystery, all eyes to see

Chemistry, all one family

All for one, one for all

If we take a stand, we shall not fall

Beside of me, all over me

Behind of me, right in front of me

In harmony, all one family

[solo]

All for one, one for all

The song is ****ing crap anyway but those lyrics stink of a band with nothing to say looking for one last pay-day.

****ing hell, Really?  lol

It's ironic that so many crap, derivative Brit-pop bands wanted to be the Stone Roses and now the Stone Roses have become a crap, derivative Brit-pop band.

Shed Seven's next album will probably turn out to be a timeless classic now

I am a massive fan of everything Stone Roses pre second coming. I liked Ian Brown's solo stuff, I would go so far as to say that Squires solo albums were ok, and so was blinded by the sun.

as you can see I am a generous sort.

This is shit, indie by numbers. should have let it be guys

I am a massive fan of everything Stone Roses pre second coming. I liked Ian Brown's solo stuff, I would go so far as to say that Squires solo albums were ok, and so was blinded by the sun.

as you can see I am a generous sort.

This is shit, indie by numbers. should have let it be guys

Ian Brown did have some really good solo stuff, to be fair - could reel off a fair few tracks that were really decent. Shame the majority of his albums were full of bloody filler.

• 3 weeks later...

Devil's advocate here, going to say it's an alright tune. Musically pretty solid, lyrics won't change the world, but how often do even great songs have good lyrics.

I'm assuming this is the first single off an upcoming album. In which case I expect this to only be 'the catchiest', not 'the best' song from the lot.

Archived