Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FerrisBueller

Guitars

Just curious as to what Guitars/Basses people own?

Do you have preferred guitars for certain genres?

Dream Guitar/Bass?

Myself:

Epiphone es335 Dot (Natural)

Epiphone SG Custom (Ivory)

Strat style 12-string from a DIY Kit (Fiesta Red)

Unbranded Telecaster (Surf Green)

Fender Jazz MIM (Sunburst)

Hofner HCT-500 Violin Bass, left handed converted to right hand, (sunburst)

I predominantly play the blues, but also venture into psychedelic rock etc.

Next on the list is a USA strat, so damn expensive though.

American Deluxe Strat
Fender Jag (Japanese 91)
Gretsch Pro Jet
Takamine EN10C
Building a Tele at the moment
And a Cordoba Uke

Next guitar I buy will probably be a D'Angelico or a Martin

I have an Epiphone G-400 and an Epiphone acoustic AJ100.

I play a lot less than I used to, got a bad hand. Liked playing punk stuff, Nirvana etc. Have set the G-400 up for slide. Bit easier for me.

With the acoustic I just play simple rhythmic patterns and sing over the top. Beatles, Dylan, Byrds, Stone Roses. Simple stuff. I have no lofty ambitions of being any good. Just like a sing-song.

I want a Les Paul Junior Doublecut.

Gibson SG Cherry Red

Fender Strat something or other. I don't know exactly what it is, but Anerican and its a good one

Got the SG because of Angus Young, then got the Febder a few years ago because I always fancied one.

One guarantee I give is that everyone on here will be able to play their guitars much better than I can play mine. I am rubbish.

I have an Epiphone 7 String Korina Flying-V, a Schecter Tempest and a 1972 Fender Musicmaster bass (restored)

I barely play at all anymore and looking to sell the V and the Musicmaster bass

If I came into some money I'd love a proper Gibson Les Paul, they're a classic. PRS (particularly in that aqua blue) look fantastic and have a nice action from what I've played

I have my Tele set up for slide because the action is so high, surprisingly good sound for a guitar that cost £70. Playing a lot of (Peter Green's)Fleetwood Mac at the moment, so I'm really enjoying the Elmore James style slide stuff!

I highly recommend Epiphone Dots to anybody, easily the most versatile guitar for under £300

I'm ideally looking at a Highway one or American Special Strat, in Daphne blue, maple neck with a big old 70's headstock!

Originally just played bass, which I still love to play, love playing jazz stuff! But I've slowly started leaning more towards guitar, mainly playing the blues/blues rock and of course shed loads of The Beatles. That being said I'm still pretty crap, I just bloody enjoy it.

I have an Epiphone 7 String Korina Flying-V, a Schecter Tempest and a 1972 Fender Musicmaster bass (restored)

I barely play at all anymore and looking to sell the V and the Musicmaster bass

If I came into some money I'd love a proper Gibson Les Paul, they're a classic. PRS (particularly in that aqua blue) look fantastic and have a nice action from what I've played

You got a picture of the Musicmaster?

I've been playing for just over two years and have only played acoustics so far. 

I own a Taylor 314ce and a Tanglewood Crossroads (new).

I do want to branch out to electric eventually when I get better and fell in love with a Gibson Les Paul so that's probably next. 

Have an Epiphone Les Paul classic in tobacco sunburst guitar and a Fender Jazz bass.

In a classic rock/blues cover band and both guitars serve well.

To be honest, i've had loads of guitars over the years and once they go through my amp and effects, its all much of a muchness. You can however hear the difference in the bass you play. Went from a cheapish Yamaha bass to the Fender Jazz and the difference is amazing.

Epiphone Les Paul traditional pro.

Washburn Parlour Acoustic R319SWK

Washburn Dimeslime

Shine bass (cheap but sounds and plays great)

I've owned a few others in the past but scaled back. Play them through a late seventies Marshall.

I play anything from blues/ragtime (trying to learn the mouth harp as well, just grasped bending notes) to thrash/grindcore/noise and most things in between.

Epiphone Les Paul traditional pro.

Washburn Parlour Acoustic R319SWK

Washburn Dimeslime

Shine bass (cheap but sounds and plays great)

I've owned a few others in the past but scaled back. Play them through a late seventies Marshall.

I play anything from blues/ragtime (trying to learn the mouth harp as well, just grasped bending notes) to thrash/grindcore/noise and most things in between.

I've tried the Ragtime Blues thing, Blind Blake style playing. I just cannot do it, too much going on with the bass etc for my mind to comprehend.

I have two Fender USA Telecasters, one in aquamarine, which is in pretty much mint condition having been bought from new 13 years ago, and a 3 colour sunburst one that I bought off ebay that's a bit battered and I had a humbucker put in.

I've also got an Epiphone SG shaped bass and a Simon and Patrick acoustic which a bed end fell on and broke in harrowing circumstances and I would get fixed if I had any money which I don't.

It's a lot of instruments for someone who's a bit shit at playing them

Recently started to learn to play guitar at the grand old age of 40. Bought an Ibanez PF15L left-handed acoustic to kick off with. Being left handed certainly reduces your options from what I can see.

I've got an ibanez electric acoustic too, not sure which exact model. 

Being southpaw is a serious pain in the proverbial. They cost more and have fewer colour options for some bizarre reason.  

I've bought a few guitars from Rondo music; a generic telecaster and a semi-hollow body. Not as good as name brand, but pretty dang close, and cheap as chips.

http://www.rondomusic.com/electric_guitars_left_handed.html  Selection seems a little sparse at the moment, but they will probably have more in the run up to christmas.

Archived