Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Chilwell to Huddersfield on loan

• 2 weeks later...

Is there no-one at the club who can teach our players to cross the ball properly? It's such an easy skill but it does require practise on pace, flight, and precision. It's gone on for years and Chilwell seems to have the same failing as so many before him according to the Huddersfield fans.

His crossing was mentioned several times and that's exactly what I'd pick out and the sort of thing I'd always be looking for - ways and means of improving.

Yeah cus crossing is always what you pick out from an 18 year old left back. Ffs.

Anyway, your opinion on left backs is nul and void after Sheehan.

Yeah cus crossing is always what you pick out from an 18 year old left back. Ffs.

Anyway, your opinion on left backs is nul and void after Sheehan.

a) Crossing is extremely important to full-backs and 18's as good a time to improve as any.  

b) Sheehan was the best striker of a dead ball in the club at the time and by a distance. Any other claims were simply in relation to the options we had at the time - as I pointed out almost as many times as it seemingly takes for you to grasp a point.   . 

c) As for my assessment of full-backs, coming from a bloke who flew the flag for Rob Kelly as a manager, I don't think I'll lose any sleep.

Might be one of the reasons why he's not committed his future to us yet? No family loyalty to Leicester.

I met his Dad once and at my friends bbq and he was an absolute helmet. Talking shit about Nige and club back when we were in the Championship. He was drunk and I thought his son should be in our first team or playing for Barcelona. I wanted to throttle him.

You've got some player on your hands lads. You could see after his first 5 touches that he isn't just any old left back. Most of our attacking play came through him in the first half and he put a cross on a plate for one of our forwards that was somehow kept out on the line. His confidence to carry the ball forward throwing in step overs all over the shop shows he's full of confidence. And one of the divisions best wingers was subbed after 60mins after getting nothing out of Chillwell all game

Can we have him all season please?

You've got some player on your hands lads. You could see after his first 5 touches that he isn't just any old left back. Most of our attacking play came through him in the first half and he put a cross on a plate for one of our forwards that was somehow kept out on the line. His confidence to carry the ball forward throwing in step overs all over the shop shows he's full of confidence. And one of the divisions best wingers was subbed after 60mins after getting nothing out of Chillwell all game

Can we have him all season please?

You may. And that's official!

a) Crossing is extremely important to full-backs and 18's as good a time to improve as any.

b) Sheehan was the best striker of a dead ball in the club at the time and by a distance. Any other claims were simply in relation to the options we had at the time - as I pointed out almost as many times as it seemingly takes for you to grasp a point. .

c) As for my assessment of full-backs, coming from a bloke who flew the flag for Rob Kelly as a manager, I don't think I'll lose any sleep.

Flew the flag for Rob Kelly what the hell you talking about! You need to do a bit of reading.

Glad to hear he's looking the part. Best thing we could've possibly done was loan him out to a side like Huddersfield - one who now managed by someone who worked closely with Klopp at Dortmund might have the kind of attacking intent that we have here.

Archived