Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Top-of-the-league Thread

I'll take a nil-nil draw against manchester united tbh. But, they're not playing great, have mounting injuries and we are in sublime form.

Why? We're top, they're playing catch up and if West Brom can beat Arsenal, Liverpool can beat Manchester City and an egg whisk can beat Chelsea I can't see why we can't beat Manchester United. Yes, I know the next month or so will be difficult. I hope our opponents realise how difficult! :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  .     

I think you've had enough! Time to put the bottle down

No way!!!! Then you'll want a swig.

Its not my drinking, you see I need it so I can swallow all my medication.

When I pop a pill it reminds me of all the Vardy goals, when I take a drink it reminds

me of our midfield fluidity, when I burp, it reminds me of the wind that carries Mahrez

down the flanks, indigestion reminds me of how Kante blocks the opposition.....Hic

I have been called and texted by old friends and acquaintances from around the world because of what happened today.

I'm usually" that guy who supports Leicester". They used to feel a bit sorry for me.

So proud.

I don't know you but I am proud for yu also mate. We have all suffered for so long. Glory days are back at City

As we take a deep intake of breath to let our achievement so far sink in, I just wanted to say, let's look back at those low moments from recent history. The days of Levein. Administration. Relegation to League 1 at Stoke. Heartache at Cardiff and Watford, then look back at that table and say to yourself - I'm proud to be a Leicester City fan because I know what it feels like to have to overcome the bad times and we'll never forget that either.

We deserve this more than most clubs and I think other people are now standing up and acknowledging this fact. I love you Leicester City. :)

Well said that man!!

Suddenly from friends around Europe, my Whats app, is full of them wanting to suddenly know about this leicester team

and King Richard III stuff.

Easy I say, we are re-writing history and changing results like the battle of Bosworth.

That Belvoir is actually called beaver.

That Andy is the only King, and we have Shogun Vardy, Count Mahrez, Kaisers Fuchs and Huth,

2 Emperors in Drinkwater, and Kante and a Cesaer we all hail in Claudio the Ranieri

Brilliant stuff thankx

Me and Mrs Col (to be) are enjoying an evening of drinking in Skegness...brrrrr it's cold! And can't quite believe that we are top of the Premiership!

That's. ..TOP of the Premiership...

Almost surreal...

lol

That sounds like a life event in there, Col?? Congratulations to you both.

As we take a deep intake of breath to let our achievement so far sink in, I just wanted to say, let's look back at those low moments from recent history. The days of Levein. Administration. Relegation to League 1 at Stoke. Heartache at Cardiff and Watford, then look back at that table and say to yourself - I'm proud to be a Leicester City fan because I know what it feels like to have to overcome the bad times and we'll never forget that either.

We deserve this more than most clubs and I think other people are now standing up and acknowledging this fact. I love you Leicester City. :)

Well said that man !

We've had the ups the downs the complete rollercoaster of emotions being a Leicester City fan and now it is our turn to have the good times back I too just can't be prouder that what I am at this moment we have shown that we are not only here to make up the numbers it shows we are a Team than has heart trust within each other a team that is or has been knocked back for a long time by the so called pundits and we have truly shown we are becoming a force to be reckoned with !!

Well done our Leicester city we are as fans are so proud of your hard work your togetherness and your will not to lay down when behind but to fight harder and stronger to turn a loss into a win!

May this continue for a long time to come and show these so called big boys who Leicester City are !!

I have been called and texted by old friends and acquaintances from around the world because of what happened today.

I'm usually" that guy who supports Leicester". They used to feel a bit sorry for me.

So proud.

Same here lol

Anyone see that graphic on bbc? Can't find it now.

But the premier league table since April 4th is:

1st - LCFC - 50pts

2nd - Man City 44pts

And the rest I cant remember but Chelsea were on 36 or something!

Good post buddy

In my 25 years of watching football, only two teams other than the usual suspects have won the top flight.

These are Blackburn and Leeds.  They both won the league in the gap between Liverpool dominance and Manchester United becoming the main force in English football.

We are in one of these transitional periods again, with Man United no longer the force they were and both Liverpool and Chelsea doing relatively poorly.

So...is it possible?

In my 25 years of watching football, only two teams other than the usual suspects have won the top flight.

These are Blackburn and Leeds.  They both won the league in the gap between Liverpool dominance and Manchester United becoming the main force in English football.

We are in one of these transitional periods again, with Man United no longer the force they were and both Liverpool and Chelsea doing relatively poorly.

So...is it possible?

Probably not, but lets enjoy it while it lasts.

_86813313_premierleaguetablesince4april.

That is absolutely outrageous. Title winning form for 60% of a season after being bottom of the league for the precious 60% of a season.

We deserve this more than most clubs and I think other people are now standing up and acknowledging this fact. I love you Leicester City.  :)

I want you inside of me

So proud.

Ditto - we have been long suffering Foxes tragics but today in around 3 hours here in sunny South Australia I shall don this season's shirt and wear it to my local drinking huants with extra pride! Top of the f%#kin league!

Archived