Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Top-of-the-league Thread

Guest bss9401

As we take a deep intake of breath to let our achievement so far sink in, I just wanted to say, let's look back at those low moments from recent history. The days of Levein. Administration. Relegation to League 1 at Stoke. Heartache at Cardiff and Watford, then look back at that table and say to yourself - I'm proud to be a Leicester City fan because I know what it feels like to have to overcome the bad times and we'll never forget that either.

We deserve this more than most clubs and I think other people are now standing up and acknowledging this fact. I love you Leicester City.  :)

Nicely put. I assured my Son when we went on treks to places like Hartlepool, Carlisle, Cheltenham and Hereford that it would be worth it in the end. He is buzzing and feeling very proud, as I am of him for keeping the faith and enjoying days like today.

Given the utter dross and the downward slide we experienced during the mid 00s, we've done incredibly well to actually get back into the Premier League. The fact that we are top of it, playing the manner that we do, is quite incredible. 

This club has made some fantastic calls in the staff it has appointed (Pearson, Walsh in particular, Ranieri latterly) showing the quality of the management, and great owners who have not interfered but invested a lot of many in the club. We have passionate fans and most of all, a real team who play for the shirt lead by a manager who knows to keep them humble. We have that togetherness and underdog spirit which comes from having suffered hard times and appreciating our place at the top, not taking it for granted.

I think this will become a golden age for Leicester, if we can keep everything as is then we can establish ourselves as a top half team a la Swansea and Southampton. Things could literally not have been better since April, it really is the stuff of dreams and I don't want reality to hit!!! 

Took my wife, son and his girlfriend out for lunch today to celebrate our table topping - they may not understand how unbelievable this is but I do. In six weeks time we may only be sitting in the top half (and I won't be unhappy with that either).

The last time we were top was September 2000, 8 games in. At that time we were averaging less than one goal per game, now at over 2 goals the top scorers. I still can hardly believe it! Even fans of other clubs I know hope it continues, being a change from the the usual top clubs, particularly the style of this season.

Me and Mrs Col (to be) are enjoying an evening of drinking in Skegness...brrrrr it's cold! And can't quite believe that we are top of the Premiership!

That's. ..TOP of the Premiership...

Almost surreal...

lol

Totally mate,It's amazing and surreal in equal measures!

So it's not your Mrs in the jungle with Ant n Dec then bud? :)

A toch of mardiness: we can only drop down the table now!

Man U have a midweek CL game in a very open group, and an injury crisis.

Swansea are not the team they were. Nearly lost at home to an injury strewn Cherries.

Chelsea are failing to get behind Jose and have a CL match just after us. We may be delivering the coup de grace to Mourinio.

Everton, Liverpool and Man City look to be tough, but we should have more points before the New Year starts.

This is not a strange and vivid dream, this is not a hallucination. This is the best Leicester City team and manager in a very long time.

Happy days!

I went in to Birmingham with my wife yesterday evening to meet a couple of friends for a drink or two. We get the train from Solihull to Moor Street. Arrived at about 5.50pm and sat down on a bench at the station to wait for our friends to arrive on their train. Cue arrival of train from The Hawthorns carrying many Arsenal supporters back from the West Brom defeat prior to them walking over to New Street.  I did apologise in advance to the wife but in the circumstances I couldn't resist so I stood and gave them a quick rendition of "We're top of the league, we're top of the league - We're Leicester City, We're top of the league"

Got some funny looks but sat back down with all the pride and smugness I could muster.

We were top of the Premier League in September 2000 under Peter Taylor with a record of P8 W4 D4 L0. We actually stayed there for 2 weeks because of an international break the next weekend but fell off after the next game.

If we are still top this time next week then we will all be in uncharted waters unless you were following the club in the late 1920s when we nearly won the 1st Division. 

There was actually a paragraph about Vardy's record in my local newspaper (Colorado Springs Gazette).  I am willing to wager that the Leicester City football club has never appeared in print in this paper ever before!

They didn't mention top of the table, but they did reference Leicester's "stunning start to the season."

There was actually a paragraph about Vardy's record in my local newspaper (Colorado Springs Gazette).  I am willing to wager that the Leicester City football club has never appeared in print in this paper ever before!

They didn't mention top of the table, but they did reference Leicester's "stunning start to the season."

La Manga, perhaps! That seemed to be everywhere!

We were top of the Premier League in September 2000 under Peter Taylor with a record of P8 W4 D4 L0. We actually stayed there for 2 weeks because of an international break the next weekend but fell off after the next game.

If we are still top this time next week then we will all be in uncharted waters unless you were following the club in the late 1920s when we nearly won the 1st Division.

1960s ice kings...

We were top of the league in April with 5 games of the season to go in 1962/63.

Archived