Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United.. Next up!...

Hope our main man Clattenberg is the ref. Man loves a Leicester penalty.

no chance after last year, can still dream though.

think we will lose 0-1. this next sentence is something I never thought I'd type tho. United will come to Leicester to spoil the game and stop us attacking at pace. think unfortunately they might be the ones to manage it though, they're that boring going forward, they'll focus 99% on defending. shame.

no chance after last year, can still dream though.

think we will lose 0-1. this next sentence is something I never thought I'd type tho. United will come to Leicester to spoil the game and stop us attacking at pace. think unfortunately they might be the ones to manage it though, they're that boring going forward, they'll focus 99% on defending. shame.

Thought this myself. It won't be as open as most think it will be. it'll be an absolute grind. no more than two goals i reckon. We've scored in every match so far this season, somehow i think it'll be an off game and everything will come apart. We won't score, Vardy won't find the net and might injure himself in training or during the match, Man utd will pick us apart and we won't score a goal for the first time this season.

That's worse case.

Best case? make me dream.

Good job it's at our place then I guess...

Already ahead in the fixture list, I was. :D

Another 5-3 would do nicely - just not with Manchester United leading 3-1 once more.

I think Vardy will break Van Nistelrooy's record and thus equal a 84-year old milestone:

The all-time record for the English top flight is goals in 12 consecutive games by Sheffield United's Jimmy Dunne in the 1931-32 season of the old First Division.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34892014

In the words of Max / Paddy: "We'll sh1t 'em"

I loved Phoenix nights and your post took me back a bit so I Googled 'Max and Paddy quotes' to remanis, and fifth on the search was a dedicated FT thread from 2011 lol

Would love us to take the game to them and get a result to be 4 points clear.

However poor of a team United are now they are still only 1 point of us, they will be tough to break down. Hopefully we can get a few goals against them and we should be fine. Have they scored more than 2 goals in a game this season?

There has been a lot of criticism of the way United play, but they've been doing well. It's just that the style isn't as entertaining as before with those fast pace counter attacks. They don't concede as many because they don't take the same risks. That makes them hard to get through and they have the quality of Rooney, Depay, Mata, Herrera to score out of nowhere.

Think this strategy of no risk will not help us because we are most deadly on the counter. This game will be a tough one but hope Vardy scores...

Would love us to take the game to them and get a result to be 4 points clear.

However poor of a team United are now they are still only 1 point of us, they will be tough to break down. Hopefully we can get a few goals against them and we should be fine. Have they scored more than 2 goals in a game this season?

I think its fairly obvious Man Utd are not a poor team.

They scored 3 at home and 4 (or was it 5??) away to Brugge, 3 v Sunderland, 3 v Southampton, 3 v Everton, 3 v Liverpool.......... theyve got players of clear quality and of course they can score goals.

Couple that with an excellent defensive record, and its clear this will be a very tough test.

I wouldnt expect an open game, a goal either way or for me the 1-1 draw would be the result.

We weren't great really but still ran them close 2nd half so you certainly can feel confident.

I watched the game and I thought it wasn't of great quality but as you said, you ran them close in the last 20 minutes.

They did what we know they do, try and dominate possession. That's not a problem for us thankfully. In fact I think if they do that against us they will lose if they are relying on that defence. Deeney and Ighalo gave them plenty to worry about in the second half, but I think we have more firepower. When I think of Blind, Rojo or Young against Vardy I'm thinking he will cause havoc if our game plan is to press high.

Weirdly, I'd prefer the same sort of match. I've got a feeling Lingard is going to do OK for them. We don't need the pace of him and Depay running at our centre backs in an open game.

I watched the game and I thought it wasn't of great quality but as you said, you ran them close in the last 20 minutes.

They did what we know they do, try and dominate possession. That's not a problem for us thankfully. In fact I think if they do that against us they will lose if they are relying on that defence. Deeney and Ighalo gave them plenty to worry about in the second half, but I think we have more firepower. When I think of Blind, Rojo or Young against Vardy I'm thinking he will cause havoc if our game plan is to press high.

Weirdly, I'd prefer the same sort of match. I've got a feeling Lingard is going to do OK for them. We don't need the pace of him and Depay running at our centre backs in an open game.

Do some people deliberately try to be controversial for kicks?

"THAT" defence as you put it is the strongest in the league in terms of goals conceded.

Do some people deliberately try to be controversial for kicks?

"THAT" defence as you put it is the strongest in the league in terms of goals conceded.

I agree with you.

But I also watched the Watford game in full. They created 3 or 4 clear chances. We have more firepower, and are a better team than Watford.

Smalling is top class. But Rojo is a liability. Darmian is out of favour. Blind and Young are in the team for their passing ability, under heavy pressure they are liable to crumble. McNair is inexperienced.

Nothing controversial about it.

Fair play to United, they're doing pretty well to be sitting 2nd. No one would have predicted that before the season started. They will be lucky to finish in the top 10 after they have played some of the top teams and when their best 2 players get injured they wont be as good! 

Haven't Man U got champions league on Wednesday? How much of a factor will that be for Saturday's match.

Doesn't get much better than this!!!

I'll call it now, more injuries will mount from the match for them. Soft tissue to one of their key players on Wednesday, calling it now!

Archived