Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Would you rather...?

Vardy or Win?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather Vardy scores this Saturday and we lose, or that we win and Vardy doesn't score?

• Vardy scores - we lose
    • Vardy doesn't score - we win

Van Nistelrooy did it twice, I doubt both were over 2 seasons

He did 10 once and 8 once.

he was on the list MOTD put up 3 times, once with 8 twice with 10

No he wasn't lol He's done ten once. Check it if you don't believe me.

It's all irrelevant anyway. Cos the real record for consecutive goals scored in the top flight is 12.

I must be talking to myself on this one lol

3 points all day long.

This is a definitive game in the season.

Win and we stay top, we'll have beaten one of the big boys.

Lose and it'll be "Told you they'd fall apart when they played a decent team."

Win this, make people sit up and really take notice, the sky's the limit.

Neither of them hold the record really. To quote Martin Samuels piece from Saturday morning:

Sheffield United's Jimmy Dunne scored in 12 straight games in 1931-32

It was commerce and marketing that changed when the Premier League was formed, not football. The branding was different, but there were still 11 on each side, same as the old days, there were defenders and attackers, and the goal sizes remained unaltered, too. It has always been tough to stay fit, stay in the team, and score goals, whether in 2015, 2003 — or 1931.

So the idea that Jamie Vardy is chasing Ruud van Nistelrooy’s consecutive scoring record in English football is false. Van Nistelrooy’s is a modern milestone and, yes, Vardy will equal that if he scores for Leicester at Newcastle on Saturday. He will still, however, be two short of the all-time record-holder, a man whose greatness is being quietly edited from history, because it took place in the days before cameras documented every game, big or small.

Jimmy Dunne, of Sheffield United, is the most consistently prolific goalscorer the elite level of English football has seen, and just because his accomplishment dates from the year the Empire State Building was constructed does not make it any less notable.

In fairness that record was set when the division was a 22 team one. This 10 games record is in a 38 game season, the others were set in 42 and even 46 game seasons; so they're not exactly comparable given that it'd be easier to achieve when you play more games since you'd get more chances to pick it up again if you drew a blank.

There wasn't an option 3 for 3 points!

I think you lot have gone number blind after staring at 1 - 13 - 8 - 4 - 1 - 28 - 20 - 8 -  28  for 48 hours.

Government health warning: Do not look at the Premier League Table. It may cause serious number blindness , hallucinations and premature ejaculation!

In fairness that record was set when the division was a 22 team one. This 10 games record is in a 38 game season, the others were set in 42 and even 46 game seasons; so they're not exactly comparable given that it'd be easier to achieve when you play more games since you'd get more chances to pick it up again if you drew a blank.

In fairness, back in those days strikers were trying to run through mud baths to kick a ball that weighed a tonne while defenders were trying to break their legs. So it's six and two threes I guess. But I still maintain Jimmy Dunne holds the proper record and the PL record is just the PL record. If/when they ever restructure the PL to something else, it will still be the first/top/elite division in Englsh football as it has been since the original Football League was founded.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Vardy and Mahrez were through against United in the same way that they were on Saturday. Imagine if it's the last few minutes and we need the goal to equalise / win the match. Does Vardy pass it like he possibly should've on Saturday or go for glory?

I think in years gone by, he'd pass it every time but as a striker on form, he'd now certainly go for goal.

That Vardy scores on Saturday and Leicester lose, or that we win on Saturday and Vardy doesn't score.

Obviously, we all want to win AND Vardy scores, but which would you prefer if only one of these things were to happen?

It's a tricky one....

Daft question. Always take the win team game who cares who scores.

33 people actually want vardy to beat the record and us to lose, really????

I know. It's bonkers. Can't get my head around it. Imagine if we miss out on Europe by a point at the end of the season. Will those 33 be saying "oh well, never mind. At least Vardy got the record!" It's BS

Archived