Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Just Wondered who you thought our most Important player was?

296 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most important member of our team?

• Jamie Vardy
    • Riyad Mahrez
    • N'Golo Kante
    • Danny Drinkwater
    • Robert Huth
    • Wes Morgan
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Sports science team!
    • Leon Crncic
    • Schmiechel

Kante. I know Jamie V is tearing up the record books but little N'Golo is so key to our destruction of opposition mid fields I couldn't see us playing so well without him now.

I agree N''golo is an absolute gem, now worth £20m imo.

However, the reason it's Vardy who is the most important, is that without him we have to completely change the style of play. A style that has worked so well since April last year.

No other player has what he has, and for 6 months he has been unstoppable - the whole team is built around his pace. Take that away and In terms of scoring as many goals as we have been doing, we would be going back to the drawing board.

They are all playing their part, but Vardy is irreplaceable. We wouldn't be able to attract the likes of Aguero to replace him....next season when we are in the CL we could, but right now Vardy is not only our best player, but the best in the league.  

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute.... I get why everyone says Vardy... He's clinical right now.... But could he get half the goals he's getting if N'Golo  wasnty breaking up so many plays and if Mahrez and albrighton were not giving him the service he's getting?

Schmeichel.

.... go on, consider the options if he gets injured!

See what you are saying, but that's a bit harsh on Hamer I think. He was unlucky to be given his chance when we were having our poor run. I don't remember him having a bad game. He's a good keeper and he should be our number 2 that's for sure.

in all seriousness i think "most important" would be the one we couldn't cope without. without riyad we still beat norwich and came from behind at bournemouth after he was taken off for being a bit rubbish. without kante we won our first two games convincingly and went toe to toe with spurs (who are one of the divisions best sides). i cant even imagine playing without vardy. 

in all seriousness i think "most important" would be the one we couldn't cope without. without riyad we still beat norwich and came from behind at bournemouth after he was taken off for being a bit rubbish. without kante we won our first two games convincingly and went toe to toe with spurs (who are one of the divisions best sides). i cant even imagine playing without vardy. 

Spot on ! ....   end of debate.

I put Vardy.

Though Mahrez and Kante are vital to the team, they are replaceable (though for a very large fee)

I think Vardy is literally irreplaceable - Welbeck is similar but lacks the tenacity, I see Andre Gray as a similar player but lacks Vardy's work-rate and is Vardy is a different class to him at this moment.

See what you are saying, but that's a bit harsh on Hamer I think. He was unlucky to be given his chance when we were having our poor run. I don't remember him having a bad game. He's a good keeper and he should be our number 2 that's for sure.

Hamer's pretty shit, I think when you're being knocked out of the team by Franky Fielding you've got to ask yourself some questions. I think we reflect on Hamer's brief time as number 1 too positively just because Mark Marky was an absolute travesty.

I put Vardy.

Though Mahrez and Kante are vital to the team, they are replaceable (though for a very large fee)

I think Vardy is literally irreplaceable - Welbeck is similar but lacks the tenacity, I see Andre Gray as a similar player but lacks Vardy's work-rate and is Vardy is a different class to him at this moment.

Spot on ! ...   end of debate.

Mahrez is absolutely streets ahead of anybody else I've ever seen play for us. There's no way we could attract a player of similar quality if he got sold/injured.

Without Vardy we wouldn't be half the team we are at the moment. Mahrez can have a bad game and we can still cause problems but take Vardy out and our system is completely different.

Schmeichel.

.... go on, consider the options if he gets injured!

Hamer? He's ok, he just can't kick it.

If we lost Schmeichel in January we could bring in a decent keeper quite easily.

I put Vardy.

Welbeck isn't fit to lace his boots. If Vardy went and we brought Welbeck in I'd be beyond devastated.

Mahrez is a fantastic player, possibly one of the best we've ever had. However there are plenty of players who do what he does better than him. They may be expensive, but they are out there and with the money we'd get for Mahrez we could afford. 

The only person I can think of who challenges Vardy at his own game is Luis Suarez...

That's not to say that he's the best player in the world - far from it. But everything about our side is built around Jamie Vardy

Archived