Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

A different kind of pressure...

i would say we are fortunate enough to be able to play a solid 6 months of football without any pressure. the only pressure we will feel this season is if we are still with a shot of european football (or the league) in april time. 

we can go at these big teams completely shackles off and just see what happens. like the arsenal game, we had a go, could've been 3-0 up after 20 minutes and eventually got battered and basically nobody cared. 

There's no pressure as such, but to say you'd be happy with 40 points in laughable. I'd like to think we're setting ourselves a target of at least a point a game from the remaining fixtures.

At the minute we're just enjoying this ridiculous ride, but come the point where there's 10-12 games left, I'd like to think we're putting a bit of pressure on ourselves to hit a certain target, whatever that may be.

It'd be so disappointing watching us end the season drawing and losing games, falling to a limsy (it's definitely a word, Karl Pilkington used it once) mid table position.

More pressure on the Swansea game if you ask me, we will be expected to win that (except by Lawro), United game is pressure free because nobody really expects us to win, but that doesn't mean we can't, it just means if we don't, like we didn't against Arsenal, nobody will get suicidal and the team will be clapped off, all they have to do is give it their all.

Personally I think this scenario we find ourselves in is ideal - the pressure is completely off, and we'll continue to play as we always do and really go at teams whoever they are. We're practically safe already and we're still not a favourite to finish in the European places. The players are just having a laugh every Saturday and as such we play with great flow and make very few mistakes. I like, I like

I wouldn't call this any kind of pressure. We are expected to be no more than 4th from bottom. Its almost like every game from now on feels like a cup final... in so much as we just need to go out there and give our best and if we lose, then ' oh well'

Thats how it feels to me anyhow...

This kind of thread just makes me think how special this side is / could be.

I don't think there's another side in this league who out and play with the fearless freedom we do. I suppose its all well and good going out and expressing yourselves (Bournemouth spring to mind) but to play in this way and get results is incredible. Absolutely love this team.

Just makes you wonder exactly HOW good we are?.. The next six fixtures will tell us.. I'm hoping this is where Ranieri's vast experience really comes to the fore!

..how exciting!!

It really is a very exciting time. It's not that we have scraped a few lucky points... we have been bloody good and played some lovely football against teams who made us look very poor last year. Its just extremly hard for me to comprehend that there is such a vast difference between now and last year.

And yes indeed- these next 6 games are going to be what its all about.. so far the fixtures have been kind to us in so much as its enabled us to grow in confidence.....

lets wait and see, eh!

As a supporter who began following the city about the month before Little resigned, circumstance of age, I can say this is probably the most exciting TIME I've seen.

The most exciting TEAM was the 3-5-2 cup winning team under O'Neill, the versatility in grinding out a game to advancing 3 - 0 in 15 minutes, it was an exciting team to watch. This is entirely different. The team is exciting enough, but it's the most exciting time to be a Leicester fan, so much young potential, so much creativity. The two eras are comparable and disparate in equal measure....

....I think this just edges it though.

And for reference, I think Lennon's last game for us was probably his technical best, I'm deciding whether or not Kante's last two games rival that.

My impression is that our current team relishes every challenge and is in awe of nothing and no-one.

When we lost to Arsenal with as positive an attitude as in every other game, we just started to write a new chapter.

United will be no different. There'll be no inferiority complexes in our ranks - just committed competitors in every position and Collymore can think what he likes but win, lose or draw, we've every chance of maintaining our challenge because we've a capable team which believes in itself and an army of fans right behind them.

I've every faith and see no reason we can't win. Result? No idea but I might bet on a 3-2.

As for the six games mentioned, they looked a formidable test when the fixtures came out - especially if we'd been struggling. Now they're a challenge to be relished and I'd sure love it if we can start by increasing our lead at the top of the table.     

There's always pressure at this stage of the season.

I'll be very disappointed if we finish outside the top seven which I believes gets you to the Europa League final qualifying round. 

My ambitious but quite realistic aim is 4th and the Champions League final qualifying round.

25 more points from here and finishing 9th/10th is relegation form for the final two thirds of the season and puts us in the mix to go down again. With the buzz around the club and top four players we have in Vardy & Mahrez and possibly a few others I want the club to kick on from here and establish itself as a top 6/7 club for the foreseeable future. With the new TV money the only clubs richer than us outside England will be the European super clubs. Build a reputation and attract better quality players and keep the good ones we already have. We'll never have a better opportunity than we do now.

Archived