Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Cambiasso or Kante

I think people are also forgetting the goals Cambiasso gave us! Which were quality goals

And his on pitch direction. And cool head. And the respect he commanded from his team, opposition and ref. Cambiasso was absolutely 100% vital to our survival last year, and I believe nobody could have done the job he did.

But we're a different team now. A year older in the premier league, confident, and with a couple of excellent additions we're playing better football and doing miles better. And our holding midfielder has a different job to do, which Kante is perfect at playing. So the answer is, in this team, now, Kante.

But if we could go back and replace Cambiasso last season? Absolutely not.

You're not really comparing apples with other apples here - the comparison in terms of play would be cambiasso or Drinkwater, and quality as Drinkwater has been, I'd still ho for cambiasso because his vision was on another level entirely.

Kantes more been a replacement for James, and I'd choose Kante every time

You're not really comparing apples with other apples here - the comparison in terms of play would be cambiasso or Drinkwater, and quality as Drinkwater has been, I'd still ho for cambiasso because his vision was on another level entirely.

Kantes more been a replacement for James, and I'd choose Kante every time

I agree. Cambiasso and Kante in this team would work better than Cambiasso and Drinkwater. If he had Kante doing all his running around for him then he'd be more than capable in this team. If his role was the same as Kante's, he'd struggle.

Now... if we're talking Cambiasso at 24, the same age as Kante... hmmm

I think Cambi helped last year with the fact a fair few of the players had no top-flight experience, his role as a mentor and almost a father figure to some of the lads on and off the pitch was as important as his calmness and ability on the pitch.

This year, you can tell the squad has developed a lot and come on leaps and bounds. Kanté could just come in and do what he does best, ruining opposition players days. Kanté is a much better player for us this year.

Both, for different reasons.

Cambiasso: with his strong forward-thinking awareness (he knows who's around him and what to do exactly when) and great skill on the ball.

Kante: He's like a bulldog, roaming around opposition players, snatching the ball off them and creating opportunities also.

Who under rates him? I think everyone appreciates how important he is and his work rate and winning the ball back.

Whenever a player is good some people will always say they are 'underrated' as if to appear insightful when really no one underrated them :blink:

People outside of Leicester? You hardly hear his name mentioned outside of Leicester. Hardly any neutrals appreciate how good he is.

Weird points scoring attempt there. Really weird.

I agree. Cambiasso and Kante in this team would work better than Cambiasso and Drinkwater. If he had Kante doing all his running around for him then he'd be more than capable in this team. If his role was the same as Kante's, he'd struggle.

Now... if we're talking Cambiasso at 24, the same age as Kante... hmmm

Bizarre.

We're top of the league, in the Premiership so how can (at present) any midfield pairing 'work better' than the current one. How much better could it be?

And I think Drinkwater's general performances this season and especially last weekend have been as good as anything we saw last year from Cambiasso.

Replace Drinkwater with a guy who's appeared for a club in Greece 4 times this season? No way.

What I DO agree with is the goal contribution Esteban provided. And stated this much earlier in the season. Drinkwater and Kanté won't get us many goals. But that's not their role really. We are still top without Drinkwater having scored an hatful.

Bizarre.

We're top of the league, in the Premiership so how can (at present) any midfield pairing 'work better' than the current one. How much better could it be?

And I think Drinkwater's general performances this season and especially last weekend have been as good as anything we saw last year from Cambiasso.

Replace Drinkwater with a guy who's appeared for a club in Greece 4 times this season? No way.

What I DO agree with is the goal contribution Esteban provided. And stated this much earlier in the season. Drinkwater and Kanté won't get us many goals. But that's not their role really. We are still top without Drinkwater having scored an hatful.

I think you might need to read his post again.

As Col City knows, I was a huge fan of Cambiasso.

I feel very lucky to have seen him in a blue shirt.

Would I replace Kante with Cambiasso? No way, Kante has been a revelation. People worry about the big clubs coming to poach Vardy or Mahrez, I am worried they are going to realise the gem we have in Kante.

Would I have Cambiasso alongside Kante? Dunno, It could be brilliant, though a little unfair on Drinkwater.

Would I want Cambiasso in the squad this season if he was happy to be a squad player ? God yes, I think his experience would help the team as it clearly did last season.

However, he's gone and so we look forward with our current team/squad, which lets face it, are doing a brilliant job, especially KANTE.

People outside of Leicester? You hardly hear his name mentioned outside of Leicester. Hardly any neutrals appreciate how good he is.

Weird points scoring attempt there. Really weird.

Good, lets keep it that way.

I was singing his praises the other day to non Leicester fans and they barely knew what he was like as they were focused on Vardy and Mahrez. Now I'm happy enough to have other fans not appreciated him !

As for the OP, they both served a purpose: Cambi was more suited to last seasons team whereas Kante is more suited to this one.

Same as  last time this question was asked and the time before:

Last season: Cambiasso, his experience and leadership was vital to our escape, this season appears to be one too many for him judging by the number of appearances for Olympiakos, we also have a group of players that learnt a lot from him and no longer need to look towards experienced players who have been there and done it.

This season: Kante, has flourished in a positive attacking team full of confidence, that knows how they want to play, last season he would not have had the same impact as we spent so long finding our feet.

Good, lets keep it that way.

I was singing his praises the other day to non Leicester fans and they barely knew what he was like as they were focused on Vardy and Mahrez. Now I'm happy enough to have other fans not appreciated him !

As for the OP, they both served a purpose: Cambi was more suited to last seasons team whereas Kante is more suited to this one.

I've said elsewhere I'm quite happy having it that way. It amazes me no-one else in England went for him at that price. France has become quite well renowned for having a lot of value.

Cambiasso and Kante would actually be the perfect midfield combination.

No it wouldn't.

Cambiasso would kill our whole pressing game and leave us with a gaping hole through to the defence - as he did last season.

Our midfield very rarely dominated anyone last season, you all seem to be wearing Cambiglasses. He was past his best by the time he got to us. A good voice with a decent pass, sometimes but unable to mark his man.

Kante and Drinkwater is the way forward. I'm pleased they are both excelling this season.

No it wouldn't.

Cambiasso would kill our whole pressing game and leave us with a gaping hole through to the defence - as he did last season.

Our midfield very rarely dominated anyone last season, you all seem to be wearing Cambiglasses. He was past his best by the time he got to us. A good voice with a decent pass, sometimes but unable to mark his man.

Totally agree.

As he didn't in the last 9 games. We had a way of playing with him in the team that was working just fine. Just accept it.

No it wouldn't.

Now stop it...enough of the reality.

I genuinely cannot fathom how some people would even contemplate dropping Drinkwater (crucial cog in a team currently top of the Prem) for last season's Cambiasso who was pretty much ever present in a team that was bottom for 2 thirds of the season.

This season....currently top......last season.....mainly bottom.

A Cambiasso of four years ago would be a no brainer. He was probably the best central midfielder in the world and truly world class. THAT I'd understand.

Some of the posts in this thread. I just don't. Again.

As he didn't in the last 9 games. We had a way of playing with him in the team that was working just fine. Just accept it.

our form in the last 9 games of last season when cambiasso was dominating whole teams not just midfields is better than any of our form with kante this season. we can all make pointless observations like that and the one i made on page 1 about cambiasso being a la liga winning galactico at the age kante has moved from caen to leicester. 

the fact of the matter is last season when we figured out how to play well cambiasso was incredible (he was good all along but was another level in the last quarter) and now we've moved on a notch kante is as incredible, just at different stuff. im very happy i got to see our best ever player play so passionately for us and keep us up, and im just as happy that kante has joined as a relative nobody and is proving just as effective in a team that is going to win the league. 

what a year 2015 has been to be a city fan. unless you spent the first half unable to enjoy the greatest ever escape because you hated one of the main men responsible for it. gotta pity them really. 

Archived