Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Cambiasso or Kante

*col being col*

i wasnt bringing up cattermole as a comparison, i was simply saying all of the comments you make about how rubbish cambiasso was (when he wasn't) were just you trying to make yourself look less silly from your original silly comment, and you in fact look sillier every time you post about the subject. 

you made a comment you thought was justified, you'd rather sign lee cattermole than esteban cambiasso. not a big deal. people say stupid stuff on here every day. most people then realise if they say something that stupid and laugh at themselves. you were given many an opportunity to quote your own post and say "haha, wow, how wrong was that, lee cattermole has been rubbish again and cambiasso has been key in us staying up". but you just kept digging. that's why people bring it up all the time. 

like i said most people look like a tit on here when old comments are brought up. but most admit how wrong they were. not col. that's why nobody else will give it up, because you won't either. like this thread for example, you are still going on about how bad cambiasso was (after keeping us up and being player of the year and now playing champions league football etc etc) and probably still won't admit that one of the games most decorated ever players is better than someone who has spent most his career fighting (literally) relegation. 

you could've admitted after one performance that you were wrong about cambiasso and we could've all enjoyed how great he was for us last season. but you didn't. never mind. 

Why is this a question?

Both class and both essential to us during heir time.

We seemingly have to choose. Cambiasso or Kante? Pearson or Ranieri? 

Don't know why we can't just appreciate different people have been good at different times and the club has progressed because of it.

We seemingly have to choose. Cambiasso or Kante? Pearson or Ranieri?

Don't know why we can't just appreciate different people have been good at different times and the club has progressed because of it.

This is not the forum you are looking for.

i wasnt bringing up cattermole as a comparison, i was simply saying all of the comments you make about how rubbish cambiasso was (when he wasn't) were just you trying to make yourself look less silly from your original silly comment, and you in fact look sillier every time you post about the subject.

you made a comment you thought was justified, you'd rather sign lee cattermole than esteban cambiasso. not a big deal. people say stupid stuff on here every day. most people then realise if they say something that stupid and laugh at themselves. you were given many an opportunity to quote your own post and say "haha, wow, how wrong was that, lee cattermole has been rubbish again and cambiasso has been key in us staying up". but you just kept digging. that's why people bring it up all the time.

like i said most people look like a tit on here when old comments are brought up. but most admit how wrong they were. not col. that's why nobody else will give it up, because you won't either. like this thread for example, you are still going on about how bad cambiasso was (after keeping us up and being player of the year and now playing champions league football etc etc) and probably still won't admit that one of the games most decorated ever players is better than someone who has spent most his career fighting (literally) relegation.

you could've admitted after one performance that you were wrong about cambiasso and we could've all enjoyed how great he was for us last season. but you didn't. never mind.

Rubbish post. You clearly are not reading or listening.

Try harder than this Scouse surely..?

lol

Waste of time even mentioning Cambiasso: the usual 2 suspects mince in here with their mild platitudes about how he was good when he was fvcking immense at the end of last season and how he was sh*t when he was pretty good for the rest of the season.

End of the day, one man on this forum is always, always right.

Waste of time even mentioning Cambiasso: the usual 2 suspects mince in here with their mild platitudes about how he was good when he was fvcking immense at the end of last season and how he was sh*t when he was pretty good for the rest of the season.

End of the day, one man on this forum is always, always right.

thanks

Rubbish post. You clearly are not reading or listening.

Try harder than this Scouse surely..?

lol

i cant read 

In the interests of balance I should add that it is also pointless because there are a good few posters (myself included) who would happily bore anybody to tears about how wonderful a footballer/person Cambiasso was for this football club despite the fact that we spent 6 months bottom of the league last year.

Whichever "side" you're on, it's a waste of time.

In the interests of balance I should add that it is also pointless because there are a good few posters (myself included) who would happily bore anybody to tears about how wonderful a footballer/person Cambiasso was for this football club despite the fact that we spent 6 months bottom of the league last year.

Whichever "side" you're on, it's a waste of time.

I also include myself in the bracket of good few posters who would move everyone to tears with such a great post if I could be arsed.

thanks

i cant read

Clearly. If you could you might have read the many many posts I made praising Cambiasso's fight for the cause. Why do you overlook those in favour of the same stuff you bang on over and over again.

You've always had the hump because, unlike you, I just didn't see him as great. I don't think he was, for us.

To return finally to the OP...id choose Kante over last season's Cambiasso without question.. Many would, or so it seems.

And Drinkwater too, for me. No question.

Don't like that? Tough tits.

Over and out.

If you even bothered to read back through the threads all that time ago, you'd see I was wanting a younger, energetic ball winner at the club. Someone who was defensively minded. To occupy the hole in front of the defence.

I mentioned Cattermole as an EXAMPLE of such a player. Why? He was the first one that came to the top of my head. He'd been effective at helping Sunderland to stay up during the previous season and had been their joint player of the season.

I wanted this TYPE of player far more than Esteban Cambiasso..an ageing player who Inter had let go and who had plied his recent trade in a division far slower than the Premiership. And who had been sub for Inter for some of that season.

The whole Cattermole thing has been used, not surprisingly on here, as an argument to just about everything I've ever posted about Cambiasso since. We now have such a player...in Kante..who is ten times the player Cattermole is.

So I'm happy. I'm happy even that Cambiasso has gone. Why? Because it's given Drinkwater the chance he needed to stake a claim in the first team. And he's taken it this season with great effect.

So if you and others still want to counter every argument I've made about Esteban with the same old tripe..Lee Cattemole..be my guest. I can't stop you. I'm afraid however, I'd expect no less.

Your comment about some of us 'hating' Cambiasso (again, if you bothered to read you'd see I've made very many posts praising the man) and not being happy about the 'great escape' however, remains juvenile and adds nothing to any discussion on anything.

Yeah, but do you remember that time you said we should sign lee cattermole lol lol ooofff dear, good times.

you made a comment you thought was justified, you'd rather sign lee cattermole than esteban cambiasso. not a big deal. people say stupid stuff on here every day. most people then realise if they say something that stupid and laugh at themselves. you were given many an opportunity to quote your own post and say "haha, wow, how wrong was that, lee cattermole has been rubbish again and cambiasso has been key in us staying up". but you just kept digging. that's why people bring it up all the time. 

Still talking rubbish I see! Col is right on this one and you are not listening to anything he is saying.

The Cambiasso we saw was nowhere near our greatest ever player like you said. Very good and helped us to survive, just like Vardy and Huth did in pretty much equal measures. Vardy and Mahrez have already taken things onto a different level this year and a few other players could be classed as playing at the level Cambiasso did last year.

Am I the only one who finds this Col city baiting boring? And Col just learn to fxcking ignore it.

lol

Don't worry about me Webbo..I can hold mi own regarding some of the posters on here!

As for 'Col is alright right', just read the betting thread. You'll see that pretty much 'Col is always wrong'

:thumbup:

lol

Don't worry about me Webbo..I can hold mi own regarding some of the posters on here!

As for 'Col is alright right', just read the betting thread. You'll see that pretty much 'Col is always wrong'

:thumbup:

I'm in the Col fan club personally for what it's worth

Great poster (generally sometimes way off like all of us)

For what it's worth I think Kante has been outstanding for us so far

Archived