Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danking

John King

Hi all I'm a new member to this page and for some reason I can't find how to start my own post! I'm ever so sorry to jump on this post but the reason I have joined this page is to try and find some information on my great grandad John King who played for Leicester city in 1922 and I was hoping someone out there may have some information on him or some photographs? Anything would be greatly appreciated as I have no pictures of him or any more information! My dad said he was born on 1901 in Birmingham that's all I know. Many thanks for your time people and sorry again to bombard this page. Have a great day all the very best Daniel King

Hi all I'm a new member to this page and for some reason I can't find how to start my own post! I'm ever so sorry to jump on this post but the reason I have joined this page is to try and find some information on my great grandad John King who played for Leicester city in 1922 and I was hoping someone out there may have some information on him or some photographs? Anything would be greatly appreciated as I have no pictures of him or any more information! My dad said he was born on 1901 in Birmingham that's all I know. Many thanks for your time people and sorry again to bombard this page. Have a great day all the very best Daniel King

The History section on this website is great for player info. Here's details of the 1921/22 season 

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/page/browse.php?session=1921

51VVrxYcEWL._SX358_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Don't buy it from amazon though. about £10 in Leicester shops

I hate that picture celebrating our lowest ever finish. Out of the 125 year + history they couldn't have found a better subject to put on the front.

I hate that picture celebrating our lowest ever finish. Out of the 125 year + history they couldn't have found a better subject to put on the front.

Was literally just about to post that.

Wait til next may and get a photo of Big Wes holding the Premier League trophy up.

I'm sure it had to do with the club choosing a recent success, with publication being in 2010, and linking the club's past to its present.

Should we not have celebrated that moment? Should we have just declined the Football League's offer to present that trophy because we shouldn't have celebrated our lowest-ever league finish? Was the League One title-winning season a worse experience than the one that immediately preceded it?

The best touch of the cover artwork are five swans flying past, with a sixth one lagging behind.

Well I know it was because it was a recent event.

Did I say we shouldn't have celebrated it? Of course we should have but celebrate it for what it was. I take no real satisfaction from winning that league other than it got us out of that league as quick as possible and nothing can take away the fact that it was our lowest ever finish.

For me that doesn't justify putting on the front of a book that represents our total history and people can have their views on it but I still hate it because it saddens me that for the only time in our history we sank that low.

Believe it or not, Johns were often called Jack in those days - an unusual derivative.

Ha as someone who's name is John and whose father was also John I'm aware of that in fact in my early years plenty of my family insisted on calling me Jackie which I hated thinking it was a girls name.

I did mellow a little bit when lcfc signed one of my favourite and top scoring wingers in Jackie Sinclair who incidently was a cousin of poor Tommy Wright.

Archived