Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Security Strengthened for Man U. Read carefully you might be affected.

Leicester City will seek cooperation from those attending Saturday’s fixture against Manchester United, as we continue to make the safety of supporters at King Power Stadium our greatest priority.

Supporters are advised to arrive early (turnstiles open at 4pm), well in advance of kick-off at 5.30pm, to allow time for additional security measures that will be in place inside and around King Power Stadium. It is recommended that supporters avoid bringing bags wherever possible, as enhanced searches will be taking place at all entrances to the stadium. 

Furthermore, to ensure stadium security is not compromised during the match and future fixtures, the Club asks for supporters’ cooperation with a strict NO READMISSION policy, meaning exits will not be opened to access smoking areas at any time. Supporters are reminded that King Power Stadium is a no smoking venue, including e-cigarettes. 

Partial road closures and diversions will be in place via Filbert Street, Burnmoor Street and Brazil Street for through traffic in the stadium’s immediate vicinity from one hour before and up to kick-off. Normal post-match arrangements regarding road closures will apply. 

Please note: 
- There will be no storage available within the stadium for additional baggage 
- Photo identification will be required for supporters collecting tickets 
- No cans or bottles will be admitted into the stadium as per ground regulations

The Club trusts supporters will understand the necessity for enhanced safety and security measures at forthcoming matches and appreciates your patience in this matter.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/security-provision-strengthened-from-manchester-united-visit-2819846.aspx#bLAScKFXz4ebIpP7.99

Have seen many times over the years people taking bags into the stadium entrances without being checked by the guards letting people in.

It's about time it's now changing.

Wasn't that long ago they were confiscating flasks, bottles of water and umbrellas.

Wasn't that long ago they were confiscating flasks, bottles of water and umbrellas.

Not the case where I am (West Stand), one topped up his brovil at half-time easily past a steward at the nearest stand security gate.

Also seen quite a few people drinking cokes from bottles etc.

I usually take a small rucksack with drinks and stuff for the kids. In three years I think it has been searched only once.

At the recent Rugby World Cup games, they searched all bags so not surprised this has now been extended.

Do you really think it's odd that a normal looking supporter, with two young children, probably with a season ticket, wasn't picked out for searching?

Sorry, but that's not an example of lax security, just common sense. If stewards searched every single person, nobody would get into the ground in time and there would be disorder outside the ground as football fans turn up later than rugby fans. And turnstiles for Rugby open 2 hours before kick off as opposed to an hour and half, or an hour and 15 mins at the football.

The stewards are under staffed constantly (perhaps as a result of not paying enough and employing students). This means its not even possible to man every turnstile and search people, its why only the away section and the east stand is mainly targeted.

My suspicion is that the club have employed showsec again as they did for the rugby and for the QPR game last season to help avoid a pitch invasion.

Guest CityFan 06

When they say no bottles are allowed in the ground, what about if a bottle of water is bought down in the concourse to then bring up the seating areas inside the stadium?

When they say no bottles are allowed in the ground, what about if a bottle of water is bought down in the concourse to then bring up the seating areas inside the stadium?

You'll be allowed to buy them in the concourse, like at away games.

On the two occasions where i have had to take a rucksack with me, i have not been searched either time. That needs to be addressed but a lot isnt needed imo.

Photo identification for one, now just say a terrorist is collecting his ticket, how the hell are they going to know not to give him the ticket by his name and photo? or am i missing something. It aint going to say Terrorist under his picture.

The smokers section i find is stupid as well, I dont smoke but i know 45 minutes is a long enough wait for the ones that do, This will only equal people puffing away in the toilets just like at Aston Villa away. Rather than completely close it they should just have say 10 stewards across the ticket tape, making sure nobody is coming in. It really would not be that difficult.

sorry but as a smoker if you cant go a couple of hours without a fag there is something wrong, you have to do it when you go a plane or any other type of public transport. It really frustrates me that people think they are above the rules at football and smoke in the toilets etc.

Feel sorry for people that can't go an hour and a half without a fag to be honest.

I understand what you mean, but I don't really buy that argument.

I used to live in Scotland, where all fans at all grounds (apart from corporates) aren't allowed to drink in the ground. Not even in the half-empty grounds where there hasn't been a fight for decades. All because of an Old Firm match in 1980.

Every time I suggested that this was perhaps a tad authoritarian, the stock response was "well, you don't have to drink in the ground, do you? You should be able to go an hour and half without drinking", etc, etc.

And strictly speaking, they were right. No one "has to" have a beer at the ground. Just in the same way that no one "has to" have a drink at cricket, at the theatre, whatever, But I just think that, unless there's a decent (and demonstrable) reason otherwise, people should be able to choose to do it if they want.

Same with smoking really - I understand there are reasons to stop people smoking inside the ground, but I can't see the reason to stop people nipping out to an outside smoking area at half time.

Funny how people are always so insistent after attacks that we shouldn't let terrorism change "our way of life". But then we make a whole load of changes that does exactly that.

Stewards already control the boundaries of the smoking zone to ensure nobody sneaks in.

I expect the new measure is a precaution against some nutter with a suicide belt running at a group of exposed people (taking advantage of the lack of security outside the ground as opposed to pre-match.

On the two occasions where i have had to take a rucksack with me, i have not been searched either time. That needs to be addressed but a lot isnt needed imo.

Photo identification for one, now just say a terrorist is collecting his ticket, how the hell are they going to know not to give him the ticket by his name and photo? or am i missing something. It aint going to say Terrorist under his picture.

The smokers section i find is stupid as well, I dont smoke but i know 45 minutes is a long enough wait for the ones that do, This will only equal people puffing away in the toilets just like at Aston Villa away. Rather than completely close it they should just have say 10 stewards across the ticket tape, making sure nobody is coming in. It really would not be that difficult.

I guess that's the same as anything, getting onto a plane, train or anything. There is nothing they can do about that apart from what they are planning to do and that's search people.

Archived