Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Security Strengthened for Man U. Read carefully you might be affected.

Guest CityFan 06

I used to take a bag and it got searched nearly every home game, but then on some occasions it was not searched. Didn't mind it too much though because there was nothing in there which was dangerous and stewards were only doing their job essentially. 

Just hope I don't get stopped from taking the water bottle purchased in the concourse up into the ground, surely not? 

If your buying it from the concourse then you will be able to take it to you seat, if you bring it in from outside the ground that might be a different story.

Bit too much.

Really?

You don't know where these nutters are going to pop up next, you can't stay at home forever, you get on with life as normal.

These extra checks are for your safety at the end of the day, I'm sure you wouldn't say it's a bit too much if you or a close relative was caught up in it.

Wasn't that long ago they were confiscating flasks, bottles of water and umbrellas.

Last year at the same fixture some bloke near us had brought a bike in with him. Not a fold up job, a proper mountain bike. He then got lobbed out after Man U scored

Guest CityFan 06

If your buying it from the concourse then you will be able to take it to you seat, if you bring it in from outside the ground that might be a different story.

Yeah that's what I expected to be honest. I always buy a water bottle and drink it in the stadium anyway before all this occurred.

I understand what you mean, but I don't really buy that argument.

I used to live in Scotland, where all fans at all grounds (apart from corporates) aren't allowed to drink in the ground. Not even in the half-empty grounds where there hasn't been a fight for decades. All because of an Old Firm match in 1980.

Every time I suggested that this was perhaps a tad authoritarian, the stock response was "well, you don't have to drink in the ground, do you? You should be able to go an hour and half without drinking", etc, etc.

And strictly speaking, they were right. No one "has to" have a beer at the ground. Just in the same way that no one "has to" have a drink at cricket, at the theatre, whatever, But I just think that, unless there's a decent (and demonstrable) reason otherwise, people should be able to choose to do it if they want.

Same with smoking really - I understand there are reasons to stop people smoking inside the ground, but I can't see the reason to stop people nipping out to an outside smoking area at half time.

Funny how people are always so insistent after attacks that we shouldn't let terrorism change "our way of life". But then we make a whole load of changes that does exactly that.

lol You're looking for an argument that isn't there.

I literally only said that I feel sorry for them. It doesn't bother me either way if they let smokers smoke or not. Only that I feel sorry for people who can't wait an hour and a half between fags.

The only people that will get annoyed are the people that can't actually wait though.

People talk about smoking and drinking as if it's their God given right to do as they please where they please. The Stadium has always operated a nonsmoking policy. In light of recent events it's natural to want to extend that policy.

The smoking thing will kick off on Saturday, can't really see how this increases security, the other measures like extra searches etc can only be a good thing imo, footie grounds would be a easy target, that said the terrorists would be extremely lucky to get a ticket for the Man U game they are like rocking horse shit.

When they say no bottles are allowed in the ground, what about if a bottle of water is bought down in the concourse to then bring up the seating areas inside the stadium?

You'll be allowed to buy them in the concourse, like at away games.

Do they still take the bottle caps off you so that you don't use them as a missile then give you much heavier coins as change and then a very heavy bottle of liquid?

Feel sorry for people that can't go an hour and a half without a fag to be honest.

It's not that they can't go that length of time but more it's very frustrating that during your own time at a place you've paid for significantly you are not allowed. I completely agree with the security measures and back the club whole heartedly but I expect to be allowed to sigh or be somewhat irritated that my half time fag and coffee has been taken away by terrorist. Get off your high horse.

Really?

You don't know where these nutters are going to pop up next, you can't stay at home forever, you get on with life as normal.

These extra checks are for your safety at the end of the day, I'm sure you wouldn't say it's a bit too much if you or a close relative was caught up in it.

I highly doubt ISIS (I take it that's who you are referring too) are any threat to Leicester City.

A few extra checks, like searching bags, are fine but banning bottled drinks, cans, carrier bags etc is a bit too much yeah.

I highly doubt ISIS (I take it that's who you are referring too) are any threat to Leicester City.

A few extra checks, like searching bags, are fine but banning bottled drinks, cans, carrier bags etc is a bit too much yeah.

Hey we're high profile now, just ask Norwich. ;)

Besides it doesn't get any bigger than 1st v's 2nd in the worlds greatest league.

If that means extra security, fair enough.

I understand what you mean, but I don't really buy that argument.

I used to live in Scotland, where all fans at all grounds (apart from corporates) aren't allowed to drink in the ground. Not even in the half-empty grounds where there hasn't been a fight for decades. All because of an Old Firm match in 1980.

Every time I suggested that this was perhaps a tad authoritarian, the stock response was "well, you don't have to drink in the ground, do you? You should be able to go an hour and half without drinking", etc, etc.

And strictly speaking, they were right. No one "has to" have a beer at the ground. Just in the same way that no one "has to" have a drink at cricket, at the theatre, whatever, But I just think that, unless there's a decent (and demonstrable) reason otherwise, people should be able to choose to do it if they want.

Same with smoking really - I understand there are reasons to stop people smoking inside the ground, but I can't see the reason to stop people nipping out to an outside smoking area at half time.

Funny how people are always so insistent after attacks that we shouldn't let terrorism change "our way of life". But then we make a whole load of changes that does exactly that.

Sorry but that's not comparable.

People are stopped drinking in the stands because the authorities believe that it contributes to violence. That is one argument and an unfair one in my view.

If you're stopped going outside  to smoke on Saturday it's not because they think smoking is contributing to terror attacks, it's because they think somebody would be able to sneak out, grab a bomb, come back in and blow the place up.

That's an entirely different thing to the drinking ban and at least has some understandable reasoning to it.

hmmmm you know this is exactly the kind of game those twat bastards would target - top 2 teams, sell out ground, live on tv....

I always wanted to be able to say that one of our home matches is big enough to be a target for terrorists.

Ranieri IN!

Sorry but that's not comparable.

People are stopped drinking in the stands because the authorities believe that it contributes to violence. That is one argument and an unfair one in my view.

If you're stopped going outside  to smoke on Saturday it's not because they think smoking is contributing to terror attacks, it's because they think somebody would be able to sneak out, grab a bomb, come back in and blow the place up.

That's an entirely different thing to the drinking ban and at least has some understandable reasoning to it.

To be fair the alcohol and violence theory isn't exactly unfounded is it?  Fortunately I have a solution: Let people take cannabis into the ground and let people outside to smoke - the police won't need to worry about crowd violence and apparently the terrorists are all dope addicts so they wouldn't be able to get past the smoky haze outside the stadium without stopping for a spliff, getting the munchies, and forgetting what they came to do in the first place.

Archived