Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Security Strengthened for Man U. Read carefully you might be affected.

To be fair the alcohol and violence theory isn't exactly unfounded is it?  Fortunately I have a solution: Let people take cannabis into the ground and let people outside to smoke - the police won't need to worry about crowd violence and apparently the terrorists are all dope addicts so they wouldn't be able to get past the smoky haze outside the stadium without stopping for a spliff, getting the munchies, and forgetting what they came to do in the first place.

It's not unfounded but it's still not right (especially as people can drink as much as they like before the match, so a bit pointless).

But it's not a relevant comparison either way.

Assuming that no one will be allowed outside for a half-time smoke (I don't think the post was 100% clear on that, but it looks that way)....

I'm a smoker, and obviously I'm unhappy with the changes in rules. It's not that I can't go 90 minutes without a fag, but actually it's a bit longer than that. We all read the OP that requested we all try and get in the ground a bit earlier, so let's say I get through the gates (point of no return) 45 minutes before kick off. This week that would be 16:45, and it'll be 19:30 by the time I get back outside.

Since it's so crowded outside the ground with a fair amount of kids around, I don't spark up straight away, so it's going on for 3 hours between fags.

I can go 3 hours between one cigarette to the next. I do when I'm asleep, at work, on a flight, at an away game, y'know. The point is that it's Saturday, its my day off, and being made to wait a while for a fag because of "increased security measures" is a pain in the arse that is having an impact on my life. I don't expect sympathy from non-smokers, but some of the comments are a bit too judgemental for my liking.

Last year at the same fixture some bloke near us had brought a bike in with him. Not a fold up job, a proper mountain bike. He then got lobbed out after Man U scored

he was my fav fan of the year. throw a bike and wrestle 12 fans and 5 security in attempt to get bike back. made the day even better. 

Unless security is escalated to very tight - ie airport standard - I see limited benefit to bothering trying to improve it, although I am pleased for it to happen if it gives some fans peace of mind. That said I would imagine most fans would be slightly put out by having to walk through a metal detector for every home game.

I guarantee stewards will just ask you to open your jacket or your bag, at a push they might pat 1 in 5 fans down. That sort of level security is not going to prevent even a half-orchestrated attack.

It's a shame that we're even discussing this really.

I take it this a joke right? And if it's not, just say it was and maybe keep them kind of thoughts to your self.

I believe he makes a valid point, how many blonde hair blue eyed jihadis have there been. Politically correct? No!..... Realistic? Very much so I'm afraid.

I need to see a photo of this mountain bike guy that sounds incredible

It was a real WTF moment as he got carted off down the steps inbetween SK1 and SK2. He was trying to give it the bigun but most people were just laughing at the fact he'd somehow got his bike in with him

The smoking thing will kick off on Saturday, can't really see how this increases security, the other measures like extra searches etc can only be a good thing imo, footie grounds would be a easy target, that said the terrorists would be extremely lucky to get a ticket for the Man U game they are like rocking horse shit.

It's not that they're stopping smoking per se, it's that they are not opening the doors / allowing readmissions because that could allow a terrorist to sneak into the ground at half time with a group of fans. As a result of not allowing readmissions this has a knock on effect that people can't smoke....

It was a real WTF moment as he got carted off down the steps inbetween SK1 and SK2. He was trying to give it the bigun but most people were just laughing at the fact he'd somehow got his bike in with him

Wait what I thought that was a joke. Some bloke actually got a mountain bike through the turnstiles and up to his seat?

sorry but as a smoker if you cant go a couple of hours without a fag there is something wrong, you have to do it when you go a plane or any other type of public transport. It really frustrates me that people think they are above the rules at football and smoke in the toilets etc.

I hate seeing people after the game lighting their fag as they're walking down the stairs or in the concourse heading for the exit.

Can you really not wait until you're outside?

I believe he makes a valid point, how many blonde hair blue eyed jihadis have there been. Politically correct? No!..... Realistic? Very much so I'm afraid.

Hate to burst your bubble of innocence.....Afgahnistan, Pakistan and parts of N.India have

quite a few folk among their mountain people who have light hair, sometimes blond, and yes with Blue eyes.

All to do with the Macedonian Alexander the Great and his all conquering invaders,

begetting with many welcoming locals, and exchanging lands, riches and bed covers,

right upto the Hindu kush...

So be afraid young man....Not of your Non PC statement but more of what you consider realistic.

Not even Redheads, gingernuts, can give you any feeling of security.

Now try and chose your friends, .....mera dost

I'm all for searches and better security but not being able to take a bottle or can of Pepsi in is just too far imo. Its quite obvious if a can has been opened in any way, likewise you can see through a bottle. Sounds more like a money making exercise forcing fans to be exploited in the ground just to have a drink.

Archived