Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Security Strengthened for Man U. Read carefully you might be affected.

Cans have never been allowed in anyway.

Also, the bomb that hit the Russian plane recently was contained inside a can... So its not a ridiculous suggestion to have them banned.

A can which I'm sure on inspection would have been clearly tampered with. A bomb could be hidden in shoes, in a phone, in an ipad, in a bloody watch. Are we going to ban everything and live in fear for the rest of our lives? Searches of people and bags and tighter entrance controls are fair enough, but I don't see a point beyond it. If a terrorist wanted to smuggle something in, they'd find a way regardless.

On this total theme...

This will happen within the month...Why should they then in a few weeks, and sooner than you think, have less security at our other up and coming fixtures.?????

Family bringing their kids, more so in the colder months, will want to bring their snacks and drinks.For some its part of the day out.With extra security measures, that will mean 3 hrs in and around the Stadiums.

Why it should be even necessary for the stadia to invest and partner better eateries offering food at normal prices.

If We still want to go around taking part normally in our everyday/weekly pastimes, the cost should not be just put On the fans, there is enough money in proffesional sport,its time authorities invested some time and money on the supporters well being.Fans can understand the extra security, but the business need to stop taking the lazy way out.

They too will make money, if they are fair.

should be the norm. i personally think everyone should be stripped naked and shaved of all their hair before entering the stadium.

It happened last time i went, they shut me in the change rooms and i had to spend the entire game rubbing lotion in..... they told me these were the rules for all home games?    :ranieri:

*well... they told me it was the change rooms?

I believe he makes a valid point, how many blonde hair blue eyed jihadis have there been. Politically correct? No!..... Realistic? Very much so I'm afraid.

4087952-3x2-340x227.jpg

A can which I'm sure on inspection would have been clearly tampered with. A bomb could be hidden in shoes, in a phone, in an ipad, in a bloody watch. Are we going to ban everything and live in fear for the rest of our lives? Searches of people and bags and tighter entrance controls are fair enough, but I don't see a point beyond it. If a terrorist wanted to smuggle something in, they'd find a way regardless.

Hey I agree with you, I was just saying cans are banned anyway, not just because of bomb threats but the fact they can be used as weapons.

In any case it's not a bad thing in being more vigilant at football grounds. It's a shame, but it is the state of the world at the moment.

Hopefully this is just a temporary thing.

sorry but as a smoker if you cant go a couple of hours without a fag there is something wrong, you have to do it when you go a plane or any oother type of public transport. It really frustrates me that people think they are above the rules at football and smoke in the toilets etc.

Personally, I use nicotine gum when I know I've got to go a long time without a fag. I can do 2 hours easy though before I have to start chewing

Not really bothered about this either way, but one train of thought is this. Smokers always use the burger van outside the east stand at half time. This, will stop them as they won't be allowed out. Obviously you will have to use the ones inside hence the club makes more money. Concourses will be rammed full more so than normal..

These seem reasonable precautions for a one-off, high-profile event like this in the immediate context of the Paris bombings.

It's clear that a high-profile "spectacular" would appeal to the likes of ISIS - and what better than a live televised top-of-the-table clash involving one of the world's highest-profile clubs (sorry, not talking LCFC)?

However, I don't think it would be a useful idea - or even viable - to carry on in that vein. Maybe for events that represented a particular target for terrorists. But, would we want high security for LCFC v WBA next season, or LCFC v Bury in the League Cup, or Hartlepool v Exeter in the league?

Am I remembering correctly that bag checks were introduced for entry to the London Underground after the 7/7 bombings, but quickly proved non-viable? If an ISIS cell is out there now, they could easily choose to repeat the 7/7 tube bombings, or how about Christmas Shopping on Oxford Street? Should we set up security checks to enter Oxford Street?

There's no such thing as a risk-free world - and terrorist groups will mainly be combated by a blend of intelligence, policy - and the selective application of high security to particular targets. High security at this particular match seems reasonable, but not generally. After all, if someone wanted to cause carnage around a football match, they wouldn't even need to get into the ground. Just think of the crowds miling around outside the ground/shop 10 minutes before kick-off.

What a world we live in. If there is another high profile attack in the coming weeks, this kind of security will become the new normal everywhere. Bag scanners and searchers at every public building in the land.

Time to start piling into shares of security companies and their suppliers

Hey I agree with you, I was just saying cans are banned anyway, not just because of bomb threats but the fact they can be used as weapons.

In any case it's not a bad thing in being more vigilant at football grounds. It's a shame, but it is the state of the world at the moment.

Hopefully this is just a temporary thing.

Shame? It's a disgrace. Basically it's just another concession of the sort we're constantly making. You'll never stop everyone but basically, if you don't want a problem don't invite it.

Our streets are full of cameras, security is part of everyday life from major public events down to basic shopping, people get killed on the streets, vehicles need to be alarmed, our internet's invaded by all and sundry, petty theft is rife and so it goes on because we don't have the will to deal with any of it where it counts and before it becomes a major problem - at source.

What we accommodate instead is a constant erosion of our supposedly pleasant way of life.   

Regarding terrorism.. I'd say Leicester was pretty safe to be honest.

There's nothing like ignoring what you don't want to see.

It's like women who court blokes who end up knocking them about.

There are always signs and there's always evidence.

They either invite the problem for whatever psychological reasons,  chose to disregard the signs or somehow, naively, believe they can change people.  

There's the obvious trick that you can fill a water bottle with vodka, hence why security would want to check. Not saying we're the sort to do that... or are we

Especially after the Paris attacks it's only fair to take precaution

Anywhere that sells their own food and drink restrict the consumption of items not bought on the premises. I've never understood why a football club, especially now with the choice available, would be any different. Imagine being in a restaurant and saying to the waiter "It's alright mate, we've brought our own wine".

Anywhere that sells their own food and drink restrict the consumption of items not bought on the premises. I've never understood why a football club, especially now with the choice available, would be any different. Imagine being in a restaurant and saying to the waiter "It's alright mate, we've brought our own wine".

People don't got to football with the sole purpose of eating and drinking though do they? You'd have been better off saying it's like taking your own football and goalie gloves to a restaurant.

The "choice" of food available is abysmal and what there is available is of poor quality and overpriced. It is much easier for me to take a jam sandwich and packet of crisps and a fruit shoot for the kids rather than pay 4 quid for the world's worst hot dog.

People don't got to football with the sole purpose of eating and drinking though do they? You'd have been better of saying it's like taking your own football and goalie gloves to a restaurant.

Not really. The point I was making was that they both sell their own. Perhaps the cinema would have been a better example, you see signs all over the place saying you can't bring your own stuff in. 

You knew what I was getting at.

The "choice" of food available is abysmal and what there is available is of poor quality and overpriced. It is much easier for me to take a jam sandwich and packet of crisps and a fruit shoot for the kids rather than pay 4 quid for the world's worst hot dog.

Like Voll Blau said before you - people don't go to the football for eating and drinking. If the options are that bad at the stadium, eat before you go. 

" It is recommended that supporters avoid bringing bags wherever possible"

Since I cant fit the flask I've taken to just about every home game for the last 20 years in my pocket - it seems I'll not be avoiding taking my rucksack.

Archived