Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

What have you missed by leaving early ?

Never happened to me as I don't (leave early) but I always wonder what the reaction is like out on Raw Dykes Road when we score in stoppage time.

Perhaps some think it was worth it to miss the traffic ??

Have you ever missed a goal or major incident by leaving early ??

Never missed a goal by leaving early myself... I know someone who missed both late goals against Forest in the cup replay when Clive Clark had a heart attack. They tried to get back in after the first one but stewards would not let them.

Only time ive come close is Villa this season, when Albrighton hit the post. Was running late and literally just entering the ground, i thought it was a goal.

Missed a Bruno Berner goal once swore from that day I would never do it again, and haven't.

Don't leave early but on the occasions I have, I've missed only 2 goals. Kevin Russell at home to Tranmere in a 1-0 win in 1992 and also a Bruno Berner goal. It was a consolation goal at home to Preston I think.

Don't leave early but on the occasions I have, I've missed only 2 goals. Kevin Russell at home to Tranmere in a 1-0 win in 1992 and also a Bruno Berner goal. It was a consolation goal at home to Preston I think.

Yeah I think we're either losing by 2 or winning by 2 can't remember to be honest

The celebrations in the concourse were just as good.

yeah but true or not must have been a bit of a kick in the balls, going all the way to newcastle to see vardy make history and only being able to watch it on a 16 inch screen in the concourse lol.

Never happened to me as I don't (leave early) but I always wonder what the reaction is like out on Raw Dykes Road when we score in stoppage time.

Perhaps some think it was worth it to miss the traffic ??

Have you ever missed a goal or major incident by leaving early ??

Only once, and never again! Jan 2000 I think, at home v Fulham, league cup quarter final. We were 2-0 down and on 82 mins me and a mate walked out in disgust. We were a few hundred meters down the road and heard the roar when we scored. Instead of heading back to the ground we dived into the Half Time Orange to watch the last few minutes and us equalise to take it to extra time. I think Fulham then went 3-2 up and Walshie made it 3-3 to take it to penos. We won the shootout and ended up beating Tranmere in the final. Still gutted to the day that we lost the faith that evening. Foxes never quit and all that!

I've never understood it either. You wouldn't get up at the pictures with five minutes of the film left to go.

Mainly to do with transport, unlike some people who either have a car or live down the road. Some people need to catch trains, buses...

The fans I don't get are the ones who arrive to there seats late by spending ages in the concourse, they leave early before half time and the same at the full time whistle. What's the point buying a ticket if your going to watch most of the game in the concourse (if the screen is working of course!?)

Archived