Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KievFox

Done and Dusted, 11 goals for Vardy

The Vardy farm.

That is a decent Dragon's Den idea. Setting up a lab to breed the perfect athletes to sell to football clubs. Just need someone to try to get samples off Pele, Maradona, Cruyff... if Vardy's not interested, of course.

That might be difficult with his, you know.... condition  :whistle:

Actually, thinking about it, if England ever want to win a tournement again, they should allow Vardy to plant his seed in as many women as possible in order to create a possy of world class footballers for future years.

The problem is, half of them would end up on Jeremy Kyle

Thanks to the skysports gillette saturday panelists/team , for showing their respect and appreciation.

To be fair this season, there has been no snidey remarks from any of them ,

during this whole magnificent run.

Apart from Carragher completely belittling us saying he should go to a "top team" now. You cant get much more top than joint top you scouse ****

Like, he just beat Ruud Van Nistelrooy for the record number of games scored in a row. RVN. In the Premier League. Our player. Jamies Vardy. Who we bought for £1m, From Fleetwood. Who was wearing an ankle tag for Stocksbridge Park Steels a few years ago.

****ing hell. I've never been happier for any sportsman, regardless of achievement. Wow.

Absolutely amazing achievement. Genuinely don't think this is getting as much recognition as it deserves. Silly good.

think because to outsiders he's a bit of a joke figure it's being laughed at and lauded in equal measure. but you're right, if you stop and think about it for a minute it is remarkable. no premier league TEAM, let alone player, has scored in all our their last eleven premier league games. we bought him from non league, we're leicester city and he's done this. 

Forget the validity of the record (many pointing to somebody they'd never heard of until 2 weeks ago who played 80 years ago), it could be 10, it could be 110, but scoring 11 games in a row is mental.

I'd be willing to bet that we haven't scored in 11 straight games in the top flight as a team for 50 years, let alone one player.

In fact I'm such a nerd I'm going to look it up.

Edit: Good job I didn't bet on it, we did it in 1983-84. Still, 32 years.

Great achievement today, and well deserved.

I wonder how we'd feel about him, his England call ups and his record if he wasn't one of our players? Say... he played for West Brom, for example.

I'd be all for it, even if he wasn't ours.

Should always be on merit, and if you're the top scorer in your league, then really you should be picked. 

Although I wouldn't have put my mortgage on it happening today with Betfair's 8-1, all the same the best Prem. League achievement ever in many regards since it started in 1992! Hope you're still having your party now Jamie!

It's just an unbelievable record. To be that consistent and clinical in such a relative short space of time is fantastic.

And even better that they weren't all penalties, tap-ins etc. Goals that people would try and put down. Many have been absolute quality. Pace, power, composure.

What an effort.

Archived